Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone x water damage after screen replacment

• 07-01-2019 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello everyone,,
    So decided to jump into the pool today with my iPhone x, I've done this a few times taken photos and videos underwater and had no problems just dry off the phone and it was like brand new

I've recently had problems with my screen ghost clicking and heard about the screen replacement program, I brought it into Apple and they replaced my screen free of charge toke about 3 hours tho.

after getting out of the pool today i noticed my phone was clicking every time I swiped up for the home button which was strange and also noticed if I shake the phone sounded like a screw had come lose a few minutes after the screen was dimming and was flashing green then just went to a black screen and hasn't turned on since or shown any sign of life, I could still hear some noises come from the speaker but they have gone now. currently have it sitting in rice (which will probably do nothing but its something)

i also noticed if i pressed down on the screen (with not to much force) water would actually squirt out on the right side near the power button but from where the screen meets the case.

so I'm wondering if they haven't sealed the screen correctly to the phone and that's why water has gone in because I've never had a problem with water getting in before (I've had it for a year and taken it in the pool plenty of times but not after getting the screen replaced)

will apple do anything since the problem has occurred after they've repaired and tampered with the phone possibly causing this issue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

iPhone X is not waterproof it’s water resistant. You really shouldn’t be jumping into pools with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Apple wont repair the phone if its been water damaged, clearly states in warranty. As said above..its water resistant up to a certain extent, not waterproof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wow, you actually used this overpriced device in a pool.

It's most likely only rated for some water droplets such as light rain but not submerged.

New phone for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Wow, you actually used this overpriced device in a pool.

It's most likely only rated for some water droplets such as light rain but not submerged.

New phone for you.
    Its IP67 rated meaning its supposed to survive 1 Meter below water for 30 mins, but you’d have to be mad to even risk it

Advertisement