Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre broadband new estate

• 07-01-2019 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,
    We have just moved into a new house in a new estate and are trying to get eir fiber broadband, our neighbours have it and kn told us there is an active distribution point a few feet away and the developer has confirmed that all infrastructure is in place to bring it to our house however we have been on to eir for around 6 weeks and have been passed around (at least 20people, 15 hours) and no one seems to be able to get this done for us.
    Kn are telling us that they need eir to place the order for the new line but can’t get anyone in eir to do this! Eir customer service is a shambles, we get different information depending on who you are talking to, and just keep getting passed around, we are at our wits end.
    After hours on the phone today one person mentioned needing the new development crew but then they passed me on and the order never actually got placed.
    My husband works from home so this is extremely urgent for us.
    Can someone please tell me why this is proving so difficult and please help me get the broadband?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Aaron15

AKO2019 wrote: »
    Hi,
    We have just moved into a new house in a new estate and are trying to get eir fiber broadband, our neighbours have it and kn told us there is an active distribution point a few feet away and the developer has confirmed that all infrastructure is in place to bring it to our house however we have been on to eir for around 6 weeks and have been passed around (at least 20people, 15 hours) and no one seems to be able to get this done for us.
    Kn are telling us that they need eir to place the order for the new line but can’t get anyone in eir to do this! Eir customer service is a shambles, we get different information depending on who you are talking to, and just keep getting passed around, we are at our wits end.
    After hours on the phone today one person mentioned needing the new development crew but then they passed me on and the order never actually got placed.
    Can someone please tell me why this is proving so difficult and please help me get the broadband?
    Thanks

Having the same problem in a new estate, I'm 4 months now to get an answer, and I just get passed from billy to jack, it's a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭limktime

We're in the same position. In the house since November and can't get an answer from anywhere with regards what needs to be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi,
    Thanks
    Aaron15 wrote: »

Having the same problem in a new estate, I'm 4 months now to get an answer, and I just get passed from billy to jack, it's a shambles.
    limktime wrote: »
    We're in the same position. In the house since November and can't get an answer from anywhere with regards what needs to be done.
    Hi All, 

Sorry to hear you are having difficulties in installing fibre at your new house. 

To check if fibre is available if you click on this link and you enter your eircode it will tell you if fibre is available. 

If fibre is not available it will tell you what the best broadband available at your address is. 

The above link will be updated as soon as fibre is available. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AKO2019

Hi Grainne, we know Fibre BB is right outside our door, KN engineers confirmed there is an active distribution box that can be used to connect us, and they said they need eir to book an appt with their new development crew to do it, but we cannot seem to get anyone in eir to understand this and get us the appt. We get passed from sales person to customer support to loyalty without any joy. When you are fortunate to come across the odd person who does make sense you can get some info but then it gets lost again in the corporate walls and barriers.
    Even a simple task of getting a phone line order cancelled ( which was the original recommendation by the sales team to get the line) cannot be done easily. This was meant to be done before Xmas but we found out it still hasn’t been done stopping us from initiating a new fiber request.
    We work from home so we desperately need to find a solution as we are resorting to using data on our phones as a hotspot which is prohibitively expensive.
    We are so annoyed I am looking at some more official routes of complaint as this should not be acceptable in any corporation. There is no accountability, no access to management. If my company ran like this we would be out of business.
    Hope to get some resolution as soon as possible.

Hi Grainne, we know Fibre BB is right outside our door, KN engineers confirmed there is an active distribution box that can be used to connect us, and they said they need eir to book an appt with their new development crew to do it, but we cannot seem to get anyone in eir to understand this and get us the appt. We get passed from sales person to customer support to loyalty without any joy. When you are fortunate to come across the odd person who does make sense you can get some info but then it gets lost again in the corporate walls and barriers.
    Even a simple task of getting a phone line order cancelled ( which was the original recommendation by the sales team to get the line) cannot be done easily. This was meant to be done before Xmas but we found out it still hasn’t been done stopping us from initiating a new fiber request.
    We work from home so we desperately need to find a solution as we are resorting to using data on our phones as a hotspot which is prohibitively expensive.
    We are so annoyed I am looking at some more official routes of complaint as this should not be acceptable in any corporation. There is no accountability, no access to management. If my company ran like this we would be out of business.

I've been on the phone to them atleast 20 times in the past few months, you get passed around and then they will tell you some made up story like your address was put into the system wrong and that they'll look after it and they will contact you themselves, it's like talking to a brick wall over and over and over again, how someone hasn't set up an investigation into how we can't get broadband in my estate is madness, we can see the fibre cabinet from the house, Eirs customer service is shocking, you get the same proccesed reply, "pm account DOB blah blah blah" and then nothing is done. So we're left without broadband now until the foreseeable future, which in this day and age is a jok3, considering a house 50 yards away has broadband!

• Advertisement

They keep telling me they'll call me back and never do. When I ring back in the whole thing starts again. I'm at a loss where to go at this point.

If I enter the address of my next door neighbour whose house was built at the same time as mine and who received their eircode at the same time as I did (because I requested them), they have the option to order but my address doesn't appear. There's no point explaining this to eir though.

It has been the most frustrating experience of my life!! We are looking into other ways we can progress this-contacting local TD, regulators of these guys...they can’t continue to get away with such bad customer service.
    Each person we get through to tells us something different, it’s like they’re making it up as they go along. 😡😡😡😡

You'd think they'd what the custom, shocking the stuff you've to do to get broadband, and it being 2019!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

Probably best to try a different provider at this stage

All the other providers tell me is that they can't do anything and to contact eir because they own the infrastructure. I've tried multiple providers, on multiple occasions and this has always been the answer in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

All the other providers tell me is that they can't do anything and to contact eir because they own the infrastructure. I've tried multiple providers, on multiple occasions and this has always been the answer in the end.
    That's just rubbish, any provider can place an order if they are so inclined to do so.

I've been on the phone to them atleast 20 times in the past few months, you get passed around and then they will tell you some made up story like your address was put into the system wrong and that they'll look after it and they will contact you themselves, it's like talking to a brick wall over and over and over again, how someone hasn't set up an investigation into how we can't get broadband in my estate is madness, we can see the fibre cabinet from the house, Eirs customer service is shocking, you get the same proccesed reply, "pm account DOB blah blah blah" and then nothing is done. So we're left without broadband now until the foreseeable future, which in this day and age is a jok3, considering a house 50 yards away has broadband!
    They keep telling me they'll call me back and never do. When I ring back in the whole thing starts again. I'm at a loss where to go at this point.

If I enter the address of my next door neighbour whose house was built at the same time as mine and who received their eircode at the same time as I did (because I requested them), they have the option to order but my address doesn't appear. There's no point explaining this to eir though.
    It has been the most frustrating experience of my life!! We are looking into other ways we can progress this-contacting local TD, regulators of these guys...they can’t continue to get away with such bad customer service.
    Each person we get through to tells us something different, it’s like they’re making it up as they go along. 😡😡😡😡
    Hi All, 

I completely understand the frustration that this has caused you all. 

I will certainly pass this feedback on. 

Unfortunately, the only way that you can check when fibre will be available is with the link I provided above. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Hi All, 

Unfortunately, the only way that you can check when fibre will be available is with the link I provided above. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

When I check at that link, the only message I get back is "Fibre to the Home is not currently available at this address".

How can I get a forecast of when it is expected to be available?

Thanks

Hi All, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

When I check at that link, the only message I get back is "Fibre to the Home is not currently available at this address".

Thanks
    Hi limktime, 

If you enter your address on this link here it will tell you when it is due in your area. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Have a read of this thread and it might be of some use to you all. 

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057926116/1#post108542490

My installation has been pushed back again so I'm still without fiber but the mobile broadband has been working fine.

Thanks Amcalester, that’s really helpful and would probably work for us too.
    Our issue is that fibre line is right outside our house in new build but not live yet and we are finding dealing with eir extremely difficult and don’t seem to be getting anywhere.
    Grainne the link you provide is of no use to us as we don’t have a phone line (new estate so no copper phone lines).
    Banging our heads in frustration as mentioned already we work from home so this is critical for us.
    Grainne, could we also get the mobile broadband in the interim and switch to fibre once available?

I’m in a semi-d and the next one to my right has Eir fiber, KN Networks have told me that all they need is an order to extend the cable from the nearest box which is 50 meters away.

That was in October, I’ve since been told by Eir that it’ll take until the end of March for that to be done.

Go figure.

Amcalester that could have been me writing that! We are exact same situation-semi d, attached neighbours have eir fibre and we are about 5 meters from the fibre distribution box. We were also told March but honestly I’m not holding my breath that eir will come through on that based on performance so far.

It’s very frustrating, I actually want to be an Eir Broadband and TV customer but they are dicking me around that I’m thinking of just going with SIRO.

Each person we get through to tells us something different, it’s like they’re making it up as they go along. ��������
    Hi All, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

Thanks
    Hi limktime, 

If you enter your address on this link here it will tell you when it is due in your area. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    "Unfortunately we are unable to provide a result for this Eircode." That's what I get using that link.

• Advertisement

Hi limktime, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    "Unfortunately we are unable to provide a result for this Eircode." That's what I get using that link.
    Grainne,

Any further suggestions?

Advertisement