Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lara alarm problem

Options
  • 08-01-2019 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi there, after reading on this forum all night about alarm problems I still haven’t got any information about my problem, so want to ask in new tread.
    My alarm external box( just under roof) is flashing green and red lights continuously and there’s a sound coming out from that box every few minutes ( it’s sounds like a low battery on smoke alarm) no error codes on control panel and alarm is working as it should be, only problem is flashing green and red lights and that annoying sound I can hear at night from my bedroom, is that a faulty battery? Is there a battery in external box? Or is it some sort of other fault?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sounds like a problem with the bell itself.
    Only way to confirm would be to disconnect it and see if the sound stops.
    What make of panel do you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭ARNOLD J RIMMER

We had the same issue

It was the battery. It was located in our hot press.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Rew0505

KoolKid wrote: »
    Sounds like a problem with the bell itself.
    Only way to confirm would be to disconnect it and see if the sound stops.
    What make of panel do you have?
    Hi thanks for fast reply, thought Lara was a name of panel it’s actually secureWatch HKC, I changed internal battery inside main tamper proof box few years back, as I remember a low battery message appeared on control panel at a time, there’s no any error messages this time, my questions are:
    1. Is there battery in the external box/bell?
    2. Are flashing red and green lights ( only visible at night time) normal?
    3. Can external box/bell be changed without interfering with main parts of alarm system or do I need to configure some sort of settings?
    Thanks for all your help.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Rew0505 wrote: »
    Hi thanks for fast reply, thought Lara was a name of panel it’s actually secureWatch HKC, I changed internal battery inside main tamper proof box few years back, as I remember a low battery message appeared on control panel at a time, there’s no any error messages this time, my questions are:
    1. Is there battery in the external box/bell?
    2. Are flashing red and green lights ( only visible at night time) normal?
    3. Can external box/bell be changed without interfering with main parts of alarm system or do I need to configure some sort of settings?
    Thanks for all your help.

Hi

There is a battery in the external bell. Not as easily changed though.
    I would need to see the type of bell box to know if the LEDs are as normal.
    The bell could be easily swapped out with another make without any changes to the main panel.

Hi

There is a battery in the external bell. Not as easily changed though.
    I would need to see the type of bell box to know if the LEDs are as normal.
    The bell could be easily swapped out with another make without any changes to the main panel.

Hi, please have a look at picture of panel attached.
    Alarm works as it should it just that beebing sound at night that drives me nuts.

• Advertisement

Hi, please have a look at picture of panel attached.
    Alarm works as it should it just that beebing sound at night that drives me nuts.

You can see green light, red light just above green and they flashing constantly all the time, no matter system armed or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

You can see green light, red light just above green and they flashing constantly all the time, no matter system armed or not.

That is normal on that external bell.
    If alarm activates the strobe will then come on.

Correct for that type OF SAB. Are you 100% the sound is your external bell.?

Correct for that type OF SAB. Are you 100% the sound is your external bell.?

Yes 100% sure it’s from external box, it’s right above bedroom window, do you do this type of work?

Yes. If you want me to take a look at it PM me your details.

• Advertisement

Yes. If you want me to take a look at it PM me your details.

I’ll try power off system completely mains and battery and see if it helps, if not I’ll be in touch, thanks for your help.

No problem.
    Come back to me it you've any other questions.

I’ll try power off system completely mains and battery and see if it helps, if not I’ll be in touch, thanks for your help.

Could also be the battery itself in the bell pulling it down.
    If you have access to the ext bell disconnect the battery in that and see if that stops the sound.

Just an update on my alarm issue, I was about to start messing with an alarm, then wife noticed that beep from external bell was gone itself, I know it’s sound miracle but it didn’t come back since and it’s all good now. Thanks lads for your great involvement, you are helping out a lot of people here.

Your welcome. If it comes back you know where we are.

Just an update on my alarm issue, I was about to start messing with an alarm, then wife noticed that beep from external bell was gone itself, I know it’s sound miracle but it didn’t come back since and it’s all good now. Thanks lads for your great involvement, you are helping out a lot of people here.

If it isn't broke dont fix it :)
    Glad its resolved itself.

Advertisement