Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Ferries/ Stena line ticket prices

• 08-01-2019 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been asked before but I cannot find it.
    Does the price of ferry tickets fluctuate similar to Ryanair/Aer Lingus etc or are they quite stable rising closer to the time of sailing as the supply of places diminish.
    I am hoping to take the car from Dublin to Hollyhead mid June which while not high season I anticipate it being quite busy. I was just wondering if I should book now or if there likely to be a sale or price reduction in the coming months.
    Current price is in the range of €320-€350 return.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bubblegummers

pcasso wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked before but I cannot find it.
    Does the price of ferry tickets fluctuate similar to Ryanair/Aer Lingus etc or are they quite stable rising closer to the time of sailing as the supply of places diminish.
    I am hoping to take the car from Dublin to Hollyhead mid June which while not high season I anticipate it being quite busy. I was just wondering if I should book now or if there likely to be a sale or price reduction in the coming months.
    Current price is in the range of €320-€350 return.
    Thanks in advance.

Is it not still €89 each way?

Cheaper here

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭pcasso

Cheaper here
    I should have said that I will probably take the fast ferry and it is Saturday to Saturday which seems to be the most expensive option.
    As I said the dates I looked at are in the 320-350 range return
    The cheapest tickets seems to be for the night sailing which doesn't suit

I should have said that I will probably take the fast ferry and it is Saturday to Saturday which seems to be the most expensive option.

Are you flexible?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭pcasso

Are you flexible?

Not really unfortunately
    Has to be Saturday to Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Both companies are offering a 25% discount if booked before 15 Jan.

IF are loaded automatically

Stena require the use of promo code NEWYEAR25

You should be aware that the Dublin Swift had an awful sailing rate last year, easily 50% were cancelled.

Advertisement