Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security code for making payment

Options
  • 08-01-2019 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Why in this day &  age do you need to wait 5-7 days to get a security code by post to make an online payment? I'm new to BOI and need to make an online payment Now, thought by using mobile would be quicker but No once again a code will be posted in 5-7 working days.. There must be a more efficient and for me less time consuming method... This needs looking into surely? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

Sizzors wrote: »
    Why in this day &  age do you need to wait 5-7 days to get a security code by post to make an online payment? I'm new to BOI and need to make an online payment Now, thought by using mobile would be quicker but No once again a code will be posted in 5-7 working days.. There must be a more efficient and for me less time consuming method... This needs looking into surely? 

Hi Sizzors,

Thank you for getting in contact.

We appreciate the feedback and please be assured it will be taken on board and forwarded to the relevant area.

For this online payment, once you receive the code you will not need a code for this in the future.

If you need to make this payment today you can do so by going into any Bank of Ireland Branch with counter service.

Kind Regards

John

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sizzors

Thanks for the reply & appreciate feeding my comments back. I currently commute between London & Ireland so visiting branch isn't an option as there are none in the UK & when I am home its a 50 mile round trip to a branch hence why I need the online services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Sizzors wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply & appreciate feeding my comments back. I currently commute between London & Ireland so visiting branch isn't an option as there are none in the UK & when I am home its a 50 mile round trip to a branch hence why I need the online services.

Hi Sizzors,

Thanks for getting back to us here. We are sorry to hear of any inconvenience this has caused you. Please be assured that once your mobile phone has been successfully activated any future security codes needed can be received by text message to the mobile phone number registered on the account.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement