Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Price?

Options
  • 08-01-2019 1:18pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am currently doing up drawings for a 40 sq.m extension.

Engineering/architect costs do not need to be factored (a family member/work will be doing this for me for minimal fees, may also be able to get a BOQ/QS services at mates rates)

The area is approx. 40. sq.m

10m of block work approx. 3.3m high

10m of single storey glazing/widows and 3 large windows.

A 5.75m RSJ will be required to open up kitchen.

There is a level difference of 500m between the garden and the ffl.

How do I go about pricing roughly the build? I've seen prices of about €1,500 sq. m quoted else where.

Is there take off info any where?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭enricoh

godtabh wrote: »
    I am currently doing up drawings for a 40 sq.m extension.

Engineering/architect costs do not need to be factored (a family member/work will be doing this for me for minimal fees, may also be able to get a BOQ/QS services at mates rates)

The area is approx. 40. sq.m

10m of block work approx. 3.3m high

10m of single storey glazing/widows and 3 large windows.

A 5.75m RSJ will be required to open up kitchen.

There is a level difference of 500m between the garden and the ffl.

How do I go about pricing roughly the build? I've seen prices of about €1,500 sq. m quoted else where.

Is there take off info any where?

Send a few builders a set of plans n see what numbers come back. Where u located?
    Maybe with brexit coming up people will be holding off a bit n builders might sharpen the pencil a little!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I can do that but having taken 6 months to get prices for another piece of work I got done god knows long it would take to get back to me.

Just looking for budgets to see how affordable it would be.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

godtabh wrote: »
    I can do that but having taken 6 months to get prices for another piece of work I got done god knows long it would take to get back to me.

Just looking for budgets to see how affordable it would be.

If you have a QS at mates rates, get him to quantify it and give you a budget cost.

Advertisement