Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National 10K 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jimmy1672

https://www.athleticsireland.ie/runzone/2019-great-ireland-run-10k/
    The National 10k Championships is fast approaching and the team declaration forms for the National Championships must be completed and returned to competition@athleticsireland.ie by the 10th April 2019 2pm Sharp.

Team scores are calculated on the first 3 across line unless declared, finishing times, youngest age will apply to team category. All teams must be pre entered either to declare the members of the team or to enter a team with no declaration. There is no additional charge for teams.

Is this as confusing to everyone else as it is to me?

Why do you need to declare a team for an event that has a separate championship entry? Can they not score the first three finishers from each club based on their AAI registration details?

What is the benefit of declaring individual athletes on a team when the first 3 across the line will be counted anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,641 ✭✭✭✭28064212

jimmy1672 wrote: »
    https://www.athleticsireland.ie/runzone/2019-great-ireland-run-10k/

Is this as confusing to everyone else as it is to me?

Why do you need to declare a team for an event that has a separate championship entry? Can they not score the first three finishers from each club based on their AAI registration details?

What is the benefit of declaring individual athletes on a team when the first 3 across the line will be counted anyway?
    Age groups. You can presumably only be on one team, and the default scoring may put you into the senior team, but it may be more advantageous to score for your clubs M35 team (or vice versa)

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭ooter

Has anyone got their number yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,841 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Got a text saying they were to be posted on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fraggle07

blackwhite wrote: »
    Got a text saying they were to be posted on Monday

Same as this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Im driving up from Waterford, where is the best place to park? can you park in Pheonix park itself?

Irishder wrote: »
    Im driving up from Waterford, where is the best place to park? can you park in Pheonix park itself?

There's a car park at the back of Dublin zoo, it's about a mile walk up to the start from there though. Also a car park up at the Pope's cross which would be nearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭caseyjones1

Has anyone here done the new course and would like to share garmin profile pretty please?

Has anyone here done the new course and would like to share garmin profile pretty please?

The only real climbs are along Chesterfield avenue at the start, coming up out of the furry Glen and then the section up north road, the rest is flat or downhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

ooter wrote: »
    The only real climbs are along Chesterfield avenue at the start, coming up out of the furry Glen and then the section up north road, the rest is flat or downhill.

and 4k to 5k is up Kyber Road :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,641 ✭✭✭✭28064212

ooter wrote: »
    Think you're missing the hardest climb, up to Acres Rd! Wouldn't really call Chesterfield a climb either
    RayCun wrote: »
    and 4k to 5k is up Kyber Road :pac:
    Acres Road, It doesn't go up the Khyber

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

28064212 wrote: »
    Acres Road, It doesn't go up the Khyber

<looks again>

Great!

That is a nasty little climb to Acres road, but easier than running down Military and up Kyber

28064212 wrote: »
    Think you're missing the hardest climb, up to Acres Rd! Wouldn't really call Chesterfield a climb either

Ah yeah, forgot that one, that's a tough one alright.
    Chesterfield is more of a gradual rise, very deceptive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Race t-shirt and bib recieved first thing in the post.
    Decent looking t-shirt, quality not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrk75

I just got a number. Assumed the t-shirts would be handed out at the end like previous years?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,841 ✭✭✭blackwhite

T shirts a little “snug” fitting - need to learn to order a size or two bigger when it’s AI organising :D

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭patob

Anyone know what kind of number of participants are expected on Sunday. I have not participated in this in a few years. Still big numbers?

blackwhite wrote: »
    T shirts a little “snug” fitting - need to learn to order a size or two bigger when it’s AI organising :D

A little snug is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

John O'Regan did a relive of the National 10k route

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

Anyone know where the pick up point for numbers and tee-shirt collection is in the phoniex park sunday morning.

thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

patob wrote: »
    Anyone know what kind of number of participants are expected on Sunday. I have not participated in this in a few years. Still big numbers?

3,900 registered according to https://www.myrunresults.com/events/great_ireland_run_2019/3012/results

Jaysus it was Baltic up there today.
    Haven't ran this event in a few years, was very surprised to see how far the numbers have dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fraggle07

It's my third year running this. I really enjoyed today and the change in route.

Twas tough at the start - so bitterly cold. Knocked a minute and a half off my PB so was thrilled with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

First of all how cold was it with that wind before the start. Think it took me to bout 3km to warm up

Change of route was good, and the 1 climb wasn't to bad

Set out looking to run 51-52 minutes, but did 50.02, and got a pb by 25 seconds so delighted with that

It's a funny old game this running lark, entered this ages ago and hadn't done a tap in almost 8 weeks, cycled up to the start area and walked up to the start line, not a sniff of a warm up.
    I was thinking sub 50 would be a decent time for trotting around and ended up knocking out a 44 min 10k.
    Answers on a postcard please. :)

My god it was freezing. Very well run, i stayed with the 60 min pacer for the majority of the run and he was great. Loads of encouragement and tips. Is there somewhere to view the finish line videos?

Irishder wrote: »
    My god it was freezing. Very well run, i stayed with the 60 min pacer for the majority of the run and he was great. Loads of encouragement and tips. Is there somewhere to view the finish line videos?

yes, on myrunresults
    eg
    https://www.myrunresults.com/events/great_ireland_run_2019/3012/results/bib5031

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

RayCun wrote: »

Wow, how unflattering. I'm like a duck waddling to the line.

aquinn wrote: »
    Wow, how unflattering. I'm like a duck waddling to the line.

I know, it's like the first time hearing your recorded voice, "I don't sound like that! :eek:"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 highlandcow

Christ that was cold. Enjoyed the run. 1 minute PB of 36.17. Pretty chuffed with that given the challenging course and conditions. Got out of there quick as the kids were absolutely frozen.

1 gripe...I really wish they would arrange the start better. I was not running for a club. When I went to the front of the green coral it's a bit **** to see many slower runners ahead of you. I actually skipped under and ran with club runners. Apart from that it was great.

Advertisement