Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National 10K 2019

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

1 gripe...I really wish they would arrange the start better. I was not running for a club. When I went to the front of the green coral it's a bit **** to see many slower runners ahead of you.

It's the national championship, and championship places are decided on gun time not chip time. So all of the club runners have to be up the front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭blackwhite

RayCun wrote: »
    It's the national championship, and championship places are decided on gun time not chip time. So all of the club runners have to be up the front.

I think the gripe is more to do with the pens behind the club runners.

I was in the 55-65 pen, and ended up coming up behind walkers 4 times on Chesterfield Ave.

Some races colour code the bibs based on the expected time input at entry - certainly helps in putting people into the correct starting positions (obviously doesn't help eliminate those who put the wrong expected time into the form though)

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

I was in the 46-55 pen and I was passing walkers up to 2km in to the race.

I know there's nothing the organisers do about it, it's down to the people taking part. Unfortunately it happens in a lot of 10km races

Advertisement