Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email notifications

Options
  • 08-01-2019 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭

Hi just got a new phone and set it up and Im getting hundreds of email notifications from Boards. Went into Edit Options to turn them off, saved changes but still they kept coming. Then went into email address and tried to wipe that altogether, it wouldnt let me so I put in a dummy email address just so Id stop receiving anything. But now its saying that I cant post till I confirm an activation email which I cannot get as the email address given doesnt exist.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi there,

I've activated your account. Changing your e-mail preferences only changes the default for new threads that you subscribe to. To turn off e-mail notifications for old threads that you subscribed to, you will need to manage your Subscriptions here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription

Tick the checkbox next to your subscribed threads and then select No Email Notification in the Selected Threads dropdown before clicking Go. This will update your subscriptions and ensure that you don't receive e-mail notifications about new posts in these threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thanks for that Mark, Im able to post again so its working fine.

Just on subscriptions- I have 2,500 odd threads followed, is there a quicker way of turning off email notifications for them than individually ticking every single one?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

There is the select all checkbox at the top of the page, but it only applies to the page that you are currently viewing and you do have to select No Email Notification and hit Go on a page by page basis (i.e. don't select all, navigate to page 2, do the same and then update Subscription Type).

Not idea, but on the plus side it's less likely that you'll receive updates from older threads as they tend not to be as active. If one undergoes a resurgence it will bounce back to the top of your Subscriptions making it easier to find and change your Subscription type in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Nice one, thanks for the help:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement