Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Property Tax: refund from bank? (i.e. AIB)

• 08-01-2019 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi all,

Happy new year!

I just received a letter from the Revenue about Local Property Tax (LPT), for which I have set up a direct debit from my AIB account.

The document notes:

"As part of your rights, you are entitled to a refund from your bank under the terms and conditions of your agreement with your bank" and

"Your rights are explained in a statement that you can obtain from your bank."

Do you have any idea where I can get this statement/information? I looked on the AIB website and couldn't find anything. Any other insight is well appreciated as I bought for the first time late last year and am unfamiliar with LPT etc.

Many thanks,
    Con

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭wench

Are they just referring to the normal Direct Debit SEPA rules, that you can recall payments for 8 weeks, etc.

You would still owe Revenue the LPT though...

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Richards1983

Hi Wench,

Ah that must be it! I think you're right and I misunderstood: I was thinking this meant I could claim the tax back, whereas it'd make more sense that it's about pulling back the direct debit.

Correct?

Cheers,
    Con

Advertisement