Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes debiting my account for a purchase that's not mine

Options
  • 08-01-2019 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

More to the point, I don't even have an iTunes account and never have !

So I checked my bank statement yesterday and saw a payment to iTunes for €8.99 going out. when I looked back, this has been going out for the last 7 months and I'd just not seen it.

Bad on my part.

I contacted Apple and asked what it was for, they suggested I look at my iTunes account purchase history. Told them I don't and have never had one but they refuse to tell me which App or company is debiting.

Contacted my bank and they have flagged it saying that if it gets debited again, i should contact them and they will refund it from now on but can't help on payments already made/

I'm now stuck as I've no way of finding out who is debiting and no way of removing it from an iTunes account i don't have.

Apple telling me its coming via my debit card. Incidentally I got a new card last month with the same number but different cvv so I presume they dont use the cvv ?

I'm kinda stuck here ? any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Legitimate providers get updated card numbers when new cards are issued; they don't need the new CVV or expiry date as a result.

Unless you gave your card number to someone else (kid, partner, something), your card is compromised. Look for other suspect transactions and get the card replaced. Its likely too long to get the entire lot refunded as you really have left it a long time to get noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I had a similar experience here

https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2057930248

Advertisement