Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Kilkenny City

• 08-01-2019 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi I am thinking of buying in Kilkenny city. I am hoping to view a house on Dominick Street .Does anybody know anything about this area ? Is it a safe area ? Is it walking distance to the town centre ?

Thanks in advance
    Sandy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭blackcard

Sandra246 wrote: »
    Hi, I am viewing a house on Dominick Street does anybody know anything about this area? Is it safe etc.
    Thanks
    Sandra
    The main Garda Station in Kilkenny City is on Dominic Street, you will be grand.

Hi Sandra. Yea Dominic St. is grand, very residential and a great location if you want to be near the city centre. It's within walking distance of CBS, Presentation and St Canices primary schools and also convenient to CBS, Loreto, and St Kieran's secondary schools.The Garda Barracks is in the street so should be safe :)
    The drawbacks are that it's quite busy, it's on the inner by-pass route around the city so there's traffic all the time. And there isn't a local shop, although not far to walk to the Supervalu Supermarket in James St.
    Houses don't come up there too often!
    Lots of churches nearby if that's your thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Byrnes shop there near st Marys cathedral a local shop pub. Traffic can be heavy at school times but safe as you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Sandra246

Hi thanks very much for your reply it really helps. Just being extra careful as we have sold our apartment due to constant hassle in the apartment we bought.

. We are moving from Dublin and we know Kilkenny is a great town so hopefully this is the right home.

Thanks also, great help. We have no children so just have to worry about ourselves.ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

Do come!

We're lovely in KK :)

Oh I defently will I I can afford it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Hi thanks very much for your reply it really helps. Just being extra careful as we have sold our apartment due to constant hassle in the apartment we bought.

. We are moving from Dublin and we know Kilkenny is a great town City so hopefully this is the right home.

FYP .... :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Hi me again,

Anybody know what this block of apartments is like. Poyntz Building, Poyntz Lane,.

Would it be safe, quiet etc.
    Sandy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Hi me again,

Anybody know what this block of apartments is like. Poyntz Building, Poyntz Lane,.

Would it be safe, quiet etc.
    Sandy

I wouldn’t think much of them. They’re pretty cheap for a reason, lots of anti social behavior. I’d steer well clear

• Advertisement

Ah I thought so just said I would double check.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Dominic St; positive = Gda. Stn. & proximity to amenites & city centre.

Negative? You'll share the street with a misogynistic immigrant hating "Druid".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Dominic St; positive = Gda. Stn. & proximity to amenites & city centre.

Negative? You'll share the street with a misogynistic immigrant hating "Druid".

Is this the Kilkenny Journal gombeen? What an absolute wretch of a human being!!

Advertisement