Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small group fitness class

• 08-01-2019 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any information on good fitness groups to join for a male in his late 20's that has been out of training for a while. I would like the added motivation of training with the same group over a period time in order to get the best possible results. Something that would include nutritional information as well as a varied workout would be preferable....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Whereabouts are you based? Maybe if you give a bit more detail people could help.

Impact Strength & Performance in Blackrock or Urban Fitness in Sandycove are both well regarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tosspot

Whereabouts are you based? Maybe if you give a bit more detail people could help.

Cheers. I'll have a look in to them. Based out Cabinteely direction but willing to travel. Would have had a decent level of fitness up until the last couple of years and don't think it would take too much to get back to it so wouldn't be starting from square one really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

There are a couple of places in Sandyford that do group training. It all depends on how much you plan on spending!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Crossfit Sandyford, I've used and found good around €170 per month

Have heard good things about Urban Fitness aswell, not sure but expensive.

I did underground fitness (just across from the firestation on Kill avenue), I wasnt a huge fan of the quick hit workouts they do tbh, but thats a personal thing. Good group of people there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Was a member of Urban Fitness for 18 months.
    Went in as a total novice having never been in a gym before. The guys down there are fantastic and will plan and structure your diets and workouts for whatever you want to achieve.

Wayne in HIIT just beside Underground Fitness in Ashgrove is another I'd also recommend highly

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The Mig wrote: »
    Was a member of Urban Fitness for 18 months.
    Went in as a total novice having never been in a gym before. The guys down there are fantastic and will plan and structure your diets and workouts for whatever you want to achieve.

Wayne in HIIT just beside Underground Fitness in Ashgrove is another I'd also recommend highly

yeah my wife was down in HIIT and liked it there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭frash

Urban Fitness isn't cheap!

https://www.urbanfitness.ie/timetable

- 3 x Strength & Fitness sessions weekly including unlimited Sweat & Yoga classes 39.25 euro's per week

- Unlimited Strength, Fitness, Sweat and Yoga classes 46.75 euro's per week

Advertisement