Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballpark Renovation

Options
  • 08-01-2019 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

This is a bit vague I know, but I've seen good answers to other vague questions! :)

I'm just wondering if I'm deluded to think I could even come close to doing the following renovations in one go:

Replace wooden floor in bedroom about 11 ft square

Install central heating system - currently have small number of rads running off solid fuel range, need to put rads in around the house (4 bed bungalow), don't intend ripping up floors (other than the bedroom above as it will be up anyway!)

Floor the attic for storage, install stira

Replace small bathroom, ie take out current wares, replace bath with shower and tile

I know it's basically a "how long is a piece" of string question, but would 15K go anywhere close to covering the above or am I kidding myself that I can afford this!?? I don't want to ask a builder to have a look for a proper quote and find them questioning my sanity!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

What part of the country are you in?
    Also no info on size re heating system and bathroom.
    Do you want the new central heating system to run off gas/oil? if gas... is there a connection?
    You will be doing well to install a new heating system without "ripping" up floors.
    Pie in the sky but...id say you are not miles off with your 15k but the only way you will know for sure is to get people in and quote for it.

Advertisement