Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to eat in Dublin with my vegan & meat eating friends

Options
  • 09-01-2019 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Am arranging a meet up in Dublin with a bunch of college friends with different dining preferences. Can anyone suggest anywhere for lunch that with suit everyone. My vegan pal has told me to pick anywhere because restaurants always have lettuce but I am not happy with that.... Any ideas folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

The White Moose Cafe, they cater for all dietry preferences

• Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Apparently McDonalds is now quite popular amongst some of the vegan community....

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057943313/2/#post109080173

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Snicks wrote: »
    Am arranging a meet up in Dublin with a bunch of college friends with different dining preferences. Can anyone suggest anywhere for lunch that with suit everyone. My vegan pal has told me to pick anywhere because restaurants always have lettuce but I am not happy with that.... Any ideas folks

A lot of options to check here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GRDWciSDZlpGD2LR3MsjpteJTrELcp59vaQibaXUXmI/pubhtml

I like Chameleon, Platform 61, L.C. Mulligan Grocer's. Give Mulligans some notice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you could do it at the weekend and call it Brunch, the Upper Deck upstairs in the Yacht pub just out past Fairview has a couple of really excellent vegan options on the menu.
    https://theyachtbar.ie/upperdeck/
    I'm not vegan myself, but I cannot be tempted away from their Homemade Chilli Baked Beans (and all the other stuff comes with them).

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭SuperRabbit

Yamamoori would work, I hate it though, overpriced bland food.
    Koh has amazing food and some vegan options, very expensive (i think even the starters are like 15 euro if I remember right) but the food has a taste so at least you are paying a lot for something.

I'm trying really hard to find the name of another place we went to, the food was really good but they had really loud music playing so the whole night was a complete waste of time, we couldn't hear each other at all.

Cornucopia really has great food, but even with 50% of our group being vegetarian or vegan we couldn't convince the carnivores to even try it so you won't have any more luck I imagine :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭victor8600

I went to the Wetherspoon's in Blanch yesterday and had a nice vegetarian (if you consider cheese to be vegetarian) dinner of a pizza with two sides -- green salad and roasted vegetables. Cost me €12. Not a very fancy place, but cheap and the food was good.

They also serve steaks and burgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

but they had really loud music playing so the whole night was a complete waste of time, we couldn't hear each other at all.

Gah, I hate that and will complain or ask to be moved or ask for it to be turned down or something.

What is it with having to have unnecessary levels of music at a chatty social event? It's been normalised and should be denormalised.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Snicks

Thanks so much guys

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Token.

Fantastic for both meat eaters and veggies/vegans

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Hoboo wrote: »
    The White Moose Cafe, they cater for all dietry preferences

Be warned though the owner is a d1ck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 LittleWhiteDog

I don't know if it would be handy for you but Shouk in Drumcondra is fab & caters for vegans as far as I know. They also do BYOB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

maximoose wrote: »
    Token.

Fantastic for both meat eaters and veggies/vegans

I second this. Lots of options for everyone. I also find The Market Bar good for mixed groups

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

The Port House, tapas bar, two of them in Temple Bar. Rich meat and seafood, lots of veggie and cheese options a vegan too. The aubergine tempura with hummous is amazing and huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Snicks

Great suggestions thanks again

Advertisement