Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best options for Home Security in Blessington Co. Wicklow

Options
  • 09-01-2019 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently using Home Secure for my alarm. I pay €30 a month for the monitoring. No app. They have offered me €30 a month again to just continue on for another few years.

They also have a new system which they would install for €99 and then charge me €40 a month - with an app & monitoring.

Does anyone know of any better deals which I could get in Blessington and are folks tending to monitor their alarms themselves now via app alone? The monitoring is good but I don't see how an app couldn't replace the people calling me. Call the police direct if two sensor trigger or just alert me if it's only one.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭altor

shawty wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm currently using Home Secure for my alarm. I pay €30 a month for the monitoring. No app. They have offered me €30 a month again to just continue on for another few years.

They also have a new system which they would install for €99 and then charge me €40 a month - with an app & monitoring.

Does anyone know of any better deals which I could get in Blessington and are folks tending to monitor their alarms themselves now via app alone? The monitoring is good but I don't see how an app couldn't replace the people calling me. Call the police direct if two sensor trigger or just alert me if it's only one.

Thanks

Depending on the system you have installed you could shop around for cheaper deals.
    Do you know what system you have installed?

Upgrading to the new system will lock you to that new system which is where many are getting caught out, same with the old P.W. systems that are been upgraded for the new camera system, although with P.W. you dont own the new system when you upgrade.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi,

Thanks

Do you know what system you have installed? There are plenty of options to shop around for cheaper monitoring. Are they saying its an extra €10 per month for the app? :confused::eek:
    Most would include this or offer free app usage with or without monitoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭shawty

KoolKid wrote: »
    Do you know what system you have installed? There are plenty of options to shop around for cheaper monitoring. Are they saying its an extra €10 per month for the app? :confused::eek:
    Most would include this or offer free app usage with or without monitoring.

I'm not really sure what system it is no. It says HKC on the box which might just be useless information. It was here when we moved in. Chubb monitor it I believe.

They are saying I have two options, stay with what I have for 30 a month or pay 99, get a new system with an app and pay 40 a month. They don't offer a deal without monitoring. Not the best options.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes. Definitely shop around. There are plenty of companies would be more than happy to offer you monitoring/maintenance on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭shawty

KoolKid wrote: »
    Yes. Definitely shop around. There are plenty of companies would be more than happy to offer you monitoring/maintenance on that.

Ok right, I was hoping for some slightly more specific replies but I'll go back to Google!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

I'd recommend a hkc panel that you can monitor yourself. No monthly fees and you'll get a text to your phone anytime the alarm goes off.

Also things like good outdoor lights with a PIR sensor and a large dog can make your home more secure.

Ok right, I was hoping for some slightly more specific replies but I'll go back to Google!

I meant shop around some companies.
    The PSA website will give you a list of all licenced installers in your area.
    We don't really go into recommending individual companies by name here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭altor

I'm not really sure what system it is no. It says HKC on the box which might just be useless information. It was here when we moved in. Chubb monitor it I believe.

They are saying I have two options, stay with what I have for 30 a month or pay 99, get a new system with an app and pay 40 a month. They don't offer a deal without monitoring. Not the best options.

They are only interested in monitored alarms as they charge you the extra to recoup the outlay giving you an alarm for €99.
    With an alarm anyone can take over it gives the end user more options.

If its a HKC system you have installed you would have options of self monitoring and 24 hour monitoring by a monitoring company, given that up to get tied into a system that can only be serviced by one company removes that option.

Advertisement