Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Package Never Arrived at Destination

Options
  • 09-01-2019 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

I sent a package within Europe just before Christmas via registered post and it never showed up. The tracking indicates it left Ireland the day after it was posted but there's no record after.

I have filled out the form online to trace missing items etc and I got a confirmation letter saying that for international packages it can be 40-60 days to investigate. Postage was 18 euro and content worth was around 80. So it's around 100 euro I'm down until I get refunded in 40-60 days time.

Has anyone ever lost a package sent internationally before? I'm presuming it won't be found. If they can't track a registered package outside of Ireland they're highly unlikely to be able find a missing package based on a description. But did it take actually that long to get refunded for the lost items?

Is there anything I can do to get the money back sooner? 60 days seems an awful long time to leave someone waiting to determine if they are due a refund.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

There's an information blackspot between carriers.

Say its An Post to Eesti Post in Estonia for example.

AP Scan it
    AP hand it over to lufthansa cargo for transit
    Lufthansa deliver it to Tallinn
    Eesti scan it when they get to it
    Eesti deliver it

So if Eesti are swamped (its christmas) the package sits in intake unscanned for ages until processed. We've had issues like this inbound so its not out of the realms of possibility that the far end would be the same (unless you're talking about Germany).

Advertisement