Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online order not arrived, tracking not updated,

• 09-01-2019 1:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I placed an online order on Dec 28th with a online clothing store. On Dec 29th i got an email stating that DPD would deliver it on Wed 3rd. Due to NYE etc i didn't actually expect it then, but according to the online tracking DPD received the details of my order on the 29th but not the package. On Monday I emailed the online store asking why DPD have yet to receive my package and they replied, quite promptly, that DPD would not be delivering my package but another courier would, and provided me with the tracking number for them. This shows my package apparently arriving in Dublin depot on Dec 29th, with no further updates. There is no contact info for these couriers but there is a Live Chat option that is always unavailable with an option to leave a message, which I have done with no response. I have contacted the online store twice since with no response. I'm at my wits end as it was quite a large order. What else can I do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op

your not employing the courier, the store is. the courier company doesn't have to update you. so make it simple and deal with the store.

I.E. my package hasn't arrived, i expected it by the 3rd of jan, please advise why its late & when it will arrive. also review the stores t&c's they often have a terms that govern when a product is considered late etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Hi Op

your not employing the courier, the store is. the courier company doesn't have to update you. so make it simple and deal with the store.

I.E. my package hasn't arrived, i expected it by the 3rd of jan, please advise why its late & when it will arrive. also review the stores t&c's they often have a terms that govern when a product is considered late etc.

I have emailed the store every day since Monday, and they are no longer responding to me. The courier tracking updated yesterday to "out for delivery" but I did not receive it today either. Funny thing their website boasts "NEXT DAY DELIVERY TO ALL OF IRELAND AT UK DOMESTIC RATES" but they have my package since Dec 29th!

The stores T&C's say about late deliveries:

Delivery of an order shall be completed when we deliver the Products to the address you provided to us (or tender delivery at that address). It is your responsibility to make arrangements (such as notifying a neighbour) to accept delivery on or a reasonable period after the estimated delivery time and the Products will be your responsibility from the time of delivery (or tendered delivery). We will not be responsible for any delays caused by customs clearance nor for any duties charges or fees payable on the export or import of any Products, which will be your responsibility. If a parcel is undelivered to a UK address after 14-21 days from the dispatch date we will consider issuing a refund after an investigation has taken place. Under no circumstances can we declare a parcel as lost until a full investigation with the warehouse/courier company/returns department has taken place.

Although the Delivery Dates specified are estimates only, if we miss the Delivery Date for any Products for reasons within our control, then we will notify you as soon as possible, and will provide you with further reasonable delivery options (at no additional cost to you). You may cancel your order straight away if we notify you that we will not be able to make any further delivery of those Product(s).

If you do choose to cancel your order for late delivery under clause 8.5 you can do so for just some of the Products or all of them. If the Products have been delivered to you, you will have to return them to us or allow us to collect them, and we will pay the costs of this. After you cancel your order we will refund any sums you have paid to us for the cancelled Products and applicable delivery charges.

But yesterday I emailed the store saying I want a refund and have yet to receive a reply! Would a chargeback work in this case or should I wait it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kate1992

Does anyone know if Fastway delivers in Dublin on a Saturday?

A package has been on the truck since Wednesday for delivery and still hasn't arrived despite assurances from them that it would arrive today. Now the tracking website is saying it will be delivered on the next working day - not sure if that's Monday or tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

rawn wrote: »
    I have emailed the store every day since Monday, and they are no longer responding to me. The courier tracking updated yesterday to "out for delivery" but I did not receive it today either. Funny thing their website boasts "NEXT DAY DELIVERY TO ALL OF IRELAND AT UK DOMESTIC RATES" but they have my package since Dec 29th!

The stores T&C's say about late deliveries:

Delivery of an order shall be completed when we deliver the Products to the address you provided to us (or tender delivery at that address). It is your responsibility to make arrangements (such as notifying a neighbour) to accept delivery on or a reasonable period after the estimated delivery time and the Products will be your responsibility from the time of delivery (or tendered delivery). We will not be responsible for any delays caused by customs clearance nor for any duties charges or fees payable on the export or import of any Products, which will be your responsibility. If a parcel is undelivered to a UK address after 14-21 days from the dispatch date we will consider issuing a refund after an investigation has taken place. Under no circumstances can we declare a parcel as lost until a full investigation with the warehouse/courier company/returns department has taken place.

Although the Delivery Dates specified are estimates only, if we miss the Delivery Date for any Products for reasons within our control, then we will notify you as soon as possible, and will provide you with further reasonable delivery options (at no additional cost to you). You may cancel your order straight away if we notify you that we will not be able to make any further delivery of those Product(s).

If you do choose to cancel your order for late delivery under clause 8.5 you can do so for just some of the Products or all of them. If the Products have been delivered to you, you will have to return them to us or allow us to collect them, and we will pay the costs of this. After you cancel your order we will refund any sums you have paid to us for the cancelled Products and applicable delivery charges.

But yesterday I emailed the store saying I want a refund and have yet to receive a reply! Would a chargeback work in this case or should I wait it out?

I wouldnt be buying from this crowd again and I would put a stinging review up about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

LeoB wrote: »
    I wouldnt be buying from this crowd again and I would put a stinging review up about them.

I contacted them on FB yesterday and they replied today saying my house number was missing from the order (my fault) and that the courier had tried to deliver it LAST WEEK but couldn't. I said that's fair enough, totally my fault, but why was I not contacted in the first place and why when I contacted their CS did they not tell me this, or respond to my last 3 messages? This was their reply

"Apologies Rawn, the last email received from you was Wednesday and our CS team have a 48-hour turn around for answering emails.

We do hope that we have now given you enough information for you to receive your parcel."

So I checked the tracking info just now and it says it was delivered today at 2pm, which it wasn't :mad: I'm fuming, such terrible customer services, I know it was my fault for having the address incomplete (autofill) but surely this could have been sorted when they realised?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Surely the Eircode would suffice for your house number

Advertisement