Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir home fibre install so slow

• 09-01-2019 1:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭

I signed up for installation of Eir home bibre broadband almost 7 weeks ago.

For the past week I was notified install was happening today and to ensure I would be home for the install.

Installer arrived and said he can't do it that ground crew need to come out and reopen a man hole before he can operate.

Hilarious :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Update, received a text this morning for Eir stating to call to find out status of the installation.

I called number and I was asked for account number, I inputted the new account number six times and the online system didn't recognise it.

I gave up trying wasted 15 minutes.

Few minutes later I received an email stating my first Eir bill will be extracted from my bank account next week!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭contrary_devil

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Update, received a text this morning for Eir stating to call to find out status of the installation.

I called number and I was asked for account number, I inputted the new account number six times and the online system didn't recognise it.

Few minutes later I received an email stating my first Eir bill will be extracted from my bank account next week!!!!!!
    I presume you are going to cancel the direct debit? They have some cheek to be taking money for a service not provided.
    TBH if you have options for a broadband other than Eir I suggest you examine them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,692 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

New account numbers are not recognised on 1901 (press hash instead), the direct debit email is automatic - nothing is taken out til the service goes active.
    Sounds like the manhole is either tarmacced over or covered in weeds/grass etc - look at 1 to 3 weeks to get that sorted (if tarmacced may take longer if its in the road)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi IrishHomer, 

Could you PM your Account Number, Full Name, Full Address, DOB and that you are the account holder. 

As soon as I get this PM I will check why you received that text about your bill. 

Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Mat the trasher

Only 7 weeks, now waiting 7 months, have received 5 different dates at least up to now. Very disappointing, seems that nobody in Eir can actually give a commitment on anything, always some other department or third party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

Only 7 weeks, now waiting 7 months, have received 5 different dates at least up to now. Very disappointing, seems that nobody in Eir can actually give a commitment on anything, always some other department or third party.
    7 months ? There must be something wrong for it to take that long, has the fibre gone live yet in your area ? I was down for the end of 2018 but still nothing, but hopefully soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

7 months ? There must be something wrong for it to take that long, has the fibre gone live yet in your area ? I was down for the end of 2018 but still nothing, but hopefully soon enough.
    I'm in the same situation.  The due date is always "two months", which gets pushed out by another two months as the date approaches.  My house is all set up for FTTC - cabinet is close by with space available, cables and ducting are already in place, but they introduced a policy that all new connections have to be FTTH, even though they don't know when that is.  If they'd hooked me up to FTTC when I first called I'd be more than half way through a 12 month contract by now.  And because they won't allow anything other than FTTH, no other provider can hook me up either.  Latest news is that "additional works by a third party are required".  Which is fine, except they haven't issued the work order, so it's a bit rich blaming the "third party" when they haven't asked them to do anything yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

It is terrible how eir operate there is no doubt about it. Somebody up the ranks in eir need to take responsibility for the shocking service. Surely the owners/ceo hear the feedback from the customers. I think we can all agree the eir customer service is dire, there are no if's and but's about it, that's a fact. But the thing is, the poor service is being allowed to carry on by the powers that be at eir. Eir lost a mobile number I had for years during a simple porting over from an eir pay as you go to an eir bill pay. The girl on the phone who was doing it hadn't  a clue what she was doing and I got that vibe off her on the phone and then the number went and I never got it back, all I got was a sorry from the few agents I was speaking with, but in reality they didn't give a fuk,  they just wanted me off the phone. Seems people with little or no knowledge are just being thrown in at the deep end and when they surely cock up, eir don't really care. Everyone makes mistakes but I've been with eir long enough to seem them in all their glory. The bad management seems to be across the board from the customer care to open eir.

I had another issue about 2 years ago, I could see the wire outside was damages after a storm, open eir guy comes out.  I point out the problem and he say's 'ah no i don't think that's the problem,' he went in and start opening sockets and fiddling with wire. He spent hours and my house fluting about drinking tea. When he left the problem was still there. Another guy came out a few days later, up on the ladder and fixed the issue. There are good people working at eir too, not all bad, but it's the luck of the draw if you get a good or bad person. If I believed in god I'd say a prayer every-time before  I ring into eir! 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Mat the trasher

Thoie wrote: »
    I'm in the same situation. The due date is always "two months", which gets pushed out by another two months as the date approaches. My house is all set up for FTTC - cabinet is close by with space available, cables and ducting are already in place, but they introduced a policy that all new connections have to be FTTH, even though they don't know when that is. If they'd hooked me up to FTTC when I first called I'd be more than half way through a 12 month contract by now. And because they won't allow anything other than FTTH, no other provider can hook me up either. Latest news is that "additional works by a third party are required". Which is fine, except they haven't issued the work order, so it's a bit rich blaming the "third party" when they haven't asked them to do anything yet.

Same as, fibre cabinet is 200m away and in a fibre activated area. Conection engineer even arrived within a couple of days after first placing the order only to find nothing to connect to. Was given the number for KN and they say they've no order for my address.
    Really just Sh1t service.

I've still heard nothing, I'm two months waiting now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Fantom

Same story. Contacted them at the begining of December been told they will come back to me within 2-3 working days.  Nothing since. 
    They change their name but not attitude. There's still a long way to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 eir: Andre

Fantom wrote: »
    Same story. Contacted them at the begining of December been told they will come back to me within 2-3 working days.  Nothing since. 
    Hi IrishHomer,

Could you PM your Account Number, Full Name, Full Address, DOB and that you are the account holder. 

As soon as I get this PM I will happily look into this for you. 

-Andre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 eir: Andre

Hi Fantom,

-Andre

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Fantom

eir: Andre wrote: »
    Hi Fantom,

-Andre
    Thanks Andre 

[font=arial, sans-serif]I've[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] already [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]signed up with virgin media. [/font]

Hi Fantom,

-Andre

I did this few days ago and now I'm told install is not happening until April, that's a 6 month wait and I was originally told 5-10 working days!!!!!

How to I cancel the original order?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi Fantom,

-Andre

I did this few days ago and now I'm told install is not happening until April, that's a 6 month wait and I was originally told 5-10 working days!!!!!

How to I cancel the original order?
    Hi IrishHomer, 

Details on how to cancel can be found here

Grainne

Advertisement