Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The World of Hans Zimmer, 25th March 2019, 3Arena

Options
  • 09-01-2019 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭

Howiya lads

Looking to pick-up a few tickets to this but I'm kind of confused. Missed Hans Zimmer the last time he played here and it looks like this time it's just his music arranged for an orchestra. Kind of annoying since all the first announcements about it just said it was Hans Zimmer, but anyways. It says it's the first time his works have been arranged for a live symphony orchestra; I find that hard to believe? Didn't he have an orchestra last time?

Anyone else tipping along?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭urbangoo

I went to his last two concerts and it was him with a full orchestra. Maybe there is a difference between the orchestra he played with and the symphony orchestra for this show.

It was advertised as 'The World of Hans Zimmer' from the get go so I knew he wouldn't be there when I bought my tickets. But I'd say some people might be going expecting him at it.
    It seems he's curating the shows but won't be there himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

urbangoo wrote: »
    I went to his last two concerts and it was him with a full orchestra. Maybe there is a difference between the orchestra he played with and the symphony orchestra for this show.

It was advertised as 'The World of Hans Zimmer' from the get go so I knew he wouldn't be there when I bought my tickets. But I'd say some people might be going expecting him at it.
    It seems he's curating the shows but won't be there himself.

Im one of them. Dont know if this is a good or bad thing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,656 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Enjoyed this show last night.

I wasn't a big fan of his video clips between pieces but overall thought it was very impressive.
    Thankfully there was much less moving by people than there usually is at shows, don't know if that is because it was a different crowd or because venue stewards stopped people coming back in until the orchestra was finished playing a particular piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

yeah it was great. I enjoyed the Gladiator, Lion King and Mission Impossible pieces in particular. The guitarist and bassist were particularly amazing.

Advertisement