Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fibre rollout

• 09-01-2019 3:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42

Hi,

Can you tell me when fibre will be available at my address in Blackrock, Co Dublin? I will PM address on request.

According to the Open Eir rollout map it is already in my area. https://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/

I have tried calling however the call centre staff were unable to tell me anything.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

redgerry wrote: »
    Hi,

Can you tell me when fibre will be available at my address in Blackrock, Co Dublin? I will PM address on request.

According to the Open Eir rollout map it is already in my area. https://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/

I have tried calling however the call centre staff were unable to tell me anything.

Thanks.
    Hi redgerry,

I would suggest if you haven't done so already, to contact our Sales department on 1800 503 303. They will be able to complete all the relevant line checks to assist you further with this query.

~Kellie

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kevin555

Hi Kellie,
       In 2017 fibrerollout.ie indicated that we would have fibre broadband in our area by the end of 2017.  In 2018 this was updated to the end of 2018.  Is it possible to get an estimate of when fibre broadband will be available in our area? We are 7km west of Galway city.
    Kevin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Kevin555 wrote: »
    Hi Kellie,
       In 2017 fibrerollout.ie indicated that we would have fibre broadband in our area by the end of 2017.  In 2018 this was updated to the end of 2018.  Is it possible to get an estimate of when fibre broadband will be available in our area? We are 7km west of Galway city.
    Kevin
    Hi Kevin555

The fibre roll out plan is in the process of being updated.  Unfortunately, I would not have access to any updated information as yet.  The map will be updated as soon as the new plan is put in place. 

Many thanks
    ~Linzi

Advertisement