Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anthem

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Flashdan wrote: »
    I subbed for the premier last night, You get the full Legion edition and the early access. If I cancel after a month and pick up the normal edition cheap on CD keys do you think my progress will still be kept? I think it will but not 100%

Yeah its saved with your acccount.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Frostbite engine runs considerably better on an SSD.

It may load assets faster but your GPU works purely from those already in it's memory. If you are having in-game graphical issues that appear to be helped by faster storage then the root cause is something else, most likely less GPU mem than your settings require. Similarly for primary system mem for caching assets for faster unload-from/reload-to the GPU. Basically if you want to improve FPS ideally solve those issues first, the SSD is resolving a symptom not the cause. But if it helps with your existing issues fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Pretty epic that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

hmmmm anthem is saying 15 feb at 3pm rather than the 10:30pm on the 14.. Bugger. Puts beers back in fridge :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ewj1978 wrote: »
    hmmmm anthem is saying 15 feb at 3pm rather than the 10:30pm on the 14.. Bugger. Puts beers back in fridge :(

I had planned to play it tonight as I am out this weekend so bought FAr Cry instead, enjoying it.

Wont get to play Anthem till Sunday now or maybe tomorrow if Pats lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Bs took a day off for this crap, what's there excuse? Guess apex will have to do

KilOit wrote: »
    Bs took a day off for this crap, what's there excuse? Guess apex will have to do

origin/EA had the wrong date on the game. Bioware stated 15th for ages.

Well the Soundtrack is available now at least if it's part of your bundle, and 24bit Wav too. Nice to see a focus on the quality rather than just dumping it as MP3s by default (since you can always re-encode down if you need but obviously not up).

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Are story missions replayable in this? I'm planning on playing through with the missus and wondering if it's safe to blast on myself with the story and then go back and play with her once she's got the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Flashdan

goon_magee wrote: »
    Are story missions replayable in this? I'm planning on playing through with the missus and wondering if it's safe to blast on myself with the story and then go back and play with her once she's got the time.

Yes you can replay the story missions,I think it is done in an instance fashion as in you group up and enter a looking for group queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Cool video release alright. It reminders me of the short series that was released for Halo called Halo Nightfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Flashdan wrote: »
    Yes you can replay the story missions,I think it is done in an instance fashion as in you group up and enter a looking for group queue.

Cheers mate, looking forward to getting stuck in. Playing on Xbox though so I'm torn between blasting through with the 10 hour trial this weekend and leaving myself craving more, or holding off and just using the 10 hours to get access next Wednesday night, first world problems at their finest lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Xbox One 10 hour timer. Does it start and count 10 hours as soon as you login for the first time (even if your not playing) or is it 10 hours of gaming time. Cant find confirmation anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Flashdan

ZiabR wrote: »
    Xbox One 10 hour timer. Does it start and count 10 hours as soon as you login for the first time (even if your not playing) or is it 10 hours of gaming time. Cant find confirmation anywhere.

From previous experience it is from when the game opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

ZiabR wrote: »

I believe its game time - just make sure that you close the application when you're finished playing, as the time counts down if the xbox is set to 'instant resume'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

As above it's game turned on time. If you leave it in the menus or the console in rest mode the timer still counts down.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Lol typical..no servers available

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Matchmaking failed. No surprise it isn't working...online games never do right at launch.

I had no issues public match making for the 1st 2 missions, other players were idiots but no problems finding them.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's working fine now. Looks great, and no performance issues so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Plays better than the demo at least, only did 1 mission before I had to run

Played the first two there, and really enjoyed them. Gun play is decent, and flight controls seem pretty tight.

Kiith_Sa is my Origin ID, in case anyone wants to team up later.

Compared to the Beta performance is much better, and the visuals aren't as washed out. Gun play has also been improved. I'm trying the Interceptor and really enjoying it, though I think only scratching the surface so far on how best to use it I really do like the extra maneuverability, it's almost Warframe-ish :)

The Audio is very good, soundtrack is excellent. The Guns and Jetpack activations I think could be punchier but the ambient sound design is superb. Voice acting is still not great though decent.

So performance and stats:
    Settings: 4k, Ultra - exceptions: no AA, Chromatic, Motion Blur or Depth of Field (I don't like any of them).
    CPU: i7-8700K with all cores OC'd to 4.9
    RAM: 16GB PC3200
    GPU: 2080Ti with 13% OC.

Tarsis is hovering right around 60, jumps to 70 occasionally.
    Outdoors averaging right around 60, drops to 50-55 or so in busy firefights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    So performance and stats:
    Settings: 4k, Ultra - exceptions: no AA, Chromatic, Motion Blur or Depth of Field (I don't like any of them).
    CPU: i7-8700K with all cores OC'd to 4.9
    RAM: 16GB PC3200
    GPU: 2080Ti with 13% OC.

Tarsis is hovering right around 60, jumps to 70 occasionally.
    Outdoors averaging right around 60, drops to 50-55 or so in busy firefights.

That all sounds very complicated. Thank **** for consoles.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Played an hour or so, got bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

awec wrote: »
    Played an hour or so, got bored.

Don't give up the day job for something in the review business anyway :pac:

Played some more this morning, and still enjoying it. Unlocked the Storm (after starting with the Ranger) and it's a lot of fun. Prefer it so far anyway.

In case anyone is as stupid as me, and couldn't figure out how to change the colour of your Javelin, you can actually click the colour to the right of the material you select. I didn't realise that was where you changed it, and have been the default colour since the start.

• Advertisement

Im about 5 hours in and starting to get bored.
    Im on the story mission where i have to unlock some tombs and to do so i need to do random boring crap and lots of it to open the doors of these tombs, mind numbing to say the least.
    Its just forcing you out into the freeplay world which is actually empty and bland.
    Fingers crossed i can stomach this part and progress.
    Still loads of annoying stuff, the so called running in the fort place is still painfully slow, i mean WTF are they thinking?
    No FOV slider is a massive mistake on PC.
    Loading screens are far too long even on a high spec PC with games installed to a SSD.
    No waypoints lol again wtf.

I do like the loot system and the randomness similar to Diablo and path of exile.
    Looking at rolls im getting on gear be they crafted or drops points to a robust loot system so far.

Advertisement