Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anthem

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The day one patch will be going live in the next few hours, will be around 6gb. Also it was announced during the stream that there will be stronghold vanity chests in a future update. Will require keys which are gathered by completing dailies. All members with a key unlock a chest for everyone . 4 chests per stronghold with around 100 items to collect. Will include armor pieces, vinyls and emotes and there will be no duplicates.

More info from stream

- Next content patch, introducing replaying story missions on a highly increased difficulty, and more, with new enemies balanced for level 30 on all six difficulty levels.
    - Very detailed 90 day calendar scheduled to post next week, detailing content drops and quality of life fixes.

The theiving basta......waits that kinda cool.

EDIT list from elsewhere.
    Here are the highlights from the stream:

Day One patch "Aardvark" should be out between 8pm and 10pm EST (4-6 hours from start of stream) and is about 6gb in size
    The team is evaluating options for a stats page, news soon.
    There are no plans in the short term for allowing players to do anything while downed, at least 6 weeks before any decisions here
    Talking about new support abilities (L1+R1) in the short term, new Ultimates are harder to get right so not any time soon.
    Discussions around a map ping system like in Apex Legends
    Text chat and accessibility options for non-voip users are on the table, details in a few weeks
    New arrows on the edges of the compass (top center UI) alert players to enemies behind them
    Electricity does +50% damage to shields, Frost does +25%
    Looking into crossplay, it's feasible on the back end but they need acceptance from the console manufacturers (good luck PS4)
    For the patch after this one: Stronghold Vanity Chests. A "Random Exhaustive" chest that spawns after you finish a stronghold. 4 chests spawn, each player can open one. For each chest opened, all players get a vanity item including vinyls and emotes. Chest keys are earned from daily challenges. "Random Exhaustive" chest loot tables mean you can get all of the items and won't see duplicates.
    Also for the patch after this one: Legendary Mission Replay. Starting with the first few missions, replay them at harder difficulty. This does not include the cutscenes in Fort Tarsis.
    To replay the "critical path" you must create a new pilot. This should be a bit easier than the first time as unlocks like javelins are account wide. (Not ideal imo)
    Detailed 90-day roadmap should be out within the next week. They want to share more details with us but they need to watch what they say as they are a publicly traded company and are beholden to their investors and the SEC.
    Armor set bonuses are on the table but not any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

dreamers75 wrote: »
    The theiving basta......waits that kinda cool.

EDIT list from elsewhere.

Day one patch is now available

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Hey Freelancers,

For those of you who have been playing the Early Access version of the game, we wanted to let you know that a Day 1 Patch is on its way. The patch will deployed before worldwide launch. On February 22, 2019, the game will include the following fixes and our Live Service officially begins. This is a comprehensive list of all changes in this update. If you notice anything missing please let us know and we can get it added.

This update is just the beginning of us making improvements to Anthem.

Day One Patch Notes

High level fixes

Decreased loading times for older disk drives
    Fixed many infinite loading screens
    Fixed multiple challenges not tracking properly
    A number of issues have been fixed that were causing players to disconnect or crash
    Weapons and gear now have numbers present for modifiers

General Fixes and Improvements

Loot Reveal and Expedition Summary now correctly play during the end of expedition screen.
    The gather party mechanic has been made more lenient in a number of situations
    At the end of expedition screen players will no longer get stuck on "Recording Victories" or "Skipping All".
    Game no longer hangs in Javelin menu when unlocking the second, third or fourth javelin
    During the mission “What Freelancers Do” dying after killing Junkmaw & freeing Arcanists leaves you unable to progress, this has been fixed
    Challenges now unlock for players at the correct levels
    Fixed some camera issues during cutscenes
    Legendary Contracts can now be accepted from the Social Hub contract board
    Some enemies have had their shield values decreased
    Loot now properly drops for players who are downed
    The texture quality on the NPC Prospero has been improved
    Final boss of strongholds now drop loot instead of only being shown on the end of expedition screen
    Fixed the time outs on echoes and relics to prevent griefing and to handle disconnections properly
    Players can no longer fall through the floor during the 3rd trial in the Fortress of Dawn
    Completing the tutorial expedition will now show the correct Ranger appearance
    After disconnecting, rejoining an expedition will now place you back into a squad if you were in one previously
    Corrected an issue where players could not interact with each other in the launch bay in certain circumstances
    Corrected an issue during the Mission "Bad Deal" where outlaws won't spawn, blocking progress
    The start of expedition screen has been improved
    Addressed a variety of situations where killing enemies does not properly progress world events
    Opening a chest now increments Tomb of the Legionnaire progress for all squad members present
    Scar snipers can no longer shoot through Storm Shield
    Corrected an issue where players would get stuck on the end of expedition screen in some situations
    Players will no longer get disconnected if joining the "Finding Old Friends" mission while the cinematic is playing
    Addressed a number of situations where players can get stuck on the environment in the launch bay
    Increased the damage of the electric status effect
    Corrected an issue where the Shield of Dawn could be crafted with less materials then intended in some situations
    The Platinum Mission feat now grants completion as intended
    Status effects can more reliably be applied to Titans
    Fixed loading animations on Marksmen Rifles
    Players can now access the Vault from the Forge
    Swimming into jellyfish underwater no longer leaves a visual effect stuck on players.
    Idle animations will no longer sync up over time in the Launch Bay
    Haluk is no longer dual-wielding canes in the epilogue scene
    Corrected an issue where players could not interact with each other in the launch bay in certain circumstances
    Fixed an issue that could cause players in the launch bay to have identical emotes and be unable to use them
    Interceptor melee ability animations will no longer stretch out in certain situations
    Corrected an issue where the default Ranger appearance doesn't preview in the forge in some situations
    All animations now play as intended in the Forge
    Players can now enter the Tomb of Gwanes while in a party
    The default Javelin wear state has been changed from "Dirty" to "Old"
    Sentinel Loyalty 2 text no longer incorrectly states that it will lead to a larger vault
    Picking up ammo from the ground now properly gives you 30% of that ammo back into both the current magazine and the maximum spare ammo
    Fixed a bug where some global (Javelin Icon) inscription bonuses were not being properly applied to the Javelin and other gear/weapons.
    Fixed some issues that could cause the Armor Pip count on the UI to break and not display properly

Strongholds

Fixed an issue that would cause a Stronghold server crash after defeating the last boss
    Temple of Scar - Players can no longer get stuck in the mined tunnel in the explosives room
    Temple of Scar - Players can no longer be blocked from entering the explosives room due to fog wall
    Fixed Tyrant Mine so people that join the stronghold in-progress do not end up locked away from their team
    Adjusted lighting in Tyrant Mine underwater section to make it easier to navigate to the exit
    The Swarm Tyrant will no longer get stuck in the side cave entrances in some situations
    Corrected an issue where players would spawn into different areas of the Tyrant Mine in certain situations
    Implemented more safeguards to stop players from going AFK in Strongholds

Challenges

Only Masterwork items can now be used to progress Masterwork challenges as intended
    Corrected an issue where some Challenges track progress simultaneously instead of incrementally, as intended. (ex: Blast Missile I and then Blast Missile II instead of both incrementing at the same time

Gear and Weapons

After having 1st pilot unlock suit after tutorials, creating a new pilot and going to forge no longer causes load screen hang
    Ice damage bonuses are now correctly applied on ice gear
    Suit-wide bonuses from inscription are now functioning properly
    Players can no longer salvage equipped items
    Javelin specific gear and/or weapons are no longer able to be used on javelins they aren't intended for
    Corrected an issue where in some circumstances Masterwork Components do not have any inscriptions
    The Endless Siege Masterwork Autocannon no longer displays a damage increase of 0% in its tooltip
    Suit-wide specific weapon ammo bonuses coming from infusions are now correctly applied
    A Network Error Message no longer appears when opening an item chest in the second tutorial
    Colossus shoulder gear will now share the appearance of the rest of the javelin as intended
    Deadeye has increased spare ammo 10 -> 20
    Cloudburst has had increased damage 16.3 -> 21
    Torrent has had increased damage 22.2 -> 28.6
    Lightning Strike’s pre-visualization will now accurately depict that the explosion snaps to the ground.
    (Ranger) Inferno Grenade base damage 130 -> 175
    (Interceptor) Cryo Glaive base damage 20 -> 50
    (Storm) Living Flame base damage 50 -> 60
    (Storm) Glacial Beam base damage 150 -> 120
    (Storm) Arc Burst secondary damage 100 -> 150
    (Ranger) Pulse Blast base damage 225 -> 300, and now deals extra damage to Shields (previously did extra damage to Armored).
    (Ranger) Blast Missile now properly scales up in damage as the item level increases
    (Interceptor) Melee attacks now have some minor resistance penetration
    Large Area of Effect abilities will better register multi-kill activities for challenges and medals
    Spark Dash functionality has been significantly improved when the target enemy is at a different height (above/below) the Interceptor.
    Several gear pieces that had missing primer or detonator icons have been fixed.
    Interceptor
    Tempest Strike - Detonator Icon
    Spark Dash - Detonator Icon
    Venom Spray - Primer Icon
    Detonating Strike - Primer Icon
    Colossus
    Lightning Coil - Detonator Icon
    Shock Coil - Primer Icon
    Flamethrower - Primer Icon
    Several improvements have been made to ensure gear use on PC prioritizes turning the Javelin towards the reticle when used rather than casting in front of the Javelin's current direction.

Javelins

The Colossus javelin is now able to activate its shield more quickly after using an ability or firing a weapon
    The Storm javelin now reacts to getting hit when its shields are up
    Fixed an exploit that allowed the Storm's ultimate attack to be used more times than intended
    The Colossus exo can now shield and revive at the same time
    Interceptor Combo Aura has been increased in power and now has a damage over time component
    Ranger melee now has a cooldown when striking in the air
    The Target Beacon ability now correctly seeks targets
    Spark Dash and Venom Spray now target based on player cursor instead of character facing. This should also improve the travel path of Spark Dash.
    The Colossus will no longer be knocked out of the sky in some situations when the attack was blocked by their shield

Combos + Status Effects

Combo indicator icons above creatures now are correctly removed when detonated.
    When a Storm detonates an electric status effect the chained electric effect now correctly deals damage.
    Combo damage now penetrates resistances

Crafting

Non-Masterwork materials purchased from the crafting store now show as their proper rarity instead of incorrectly showing as Masterwork
    A number of javelin components that had different icons for their recipes and the actual items are now the same
    The Battle Cry gear recipe now has the correct description
    Fixed Spark Beam gear having the wrong description when being crafted
    Crafting recipes are now sorted alphabetically
    The items in the crafting store are now sorted by type to be clearer

Controls

Additional Mouse and Keyboard control improvements have been made

UI

Some conversations were not popping up the reputation points post conversation completion, this has been fixed
    The squad screen now displays the correct information for each player
    Fixed a number of issues where subtitles will no longer get stuck on the screen after dialogue has finished as often
    Settings should no longer reset upon exiting and restarting the game on Xbox One
    Motion blur can now correctly be turned off
    The Electric Status Effect now shows scaled damage properly
    An option has been added to hide the Squad Member HUD
    The edge of the compass will now pulse to indicate enemy locations
    A notification has been added in Fort Tarsis if a player's vault is at the cap of 250 items
    On the "Repair the Strider" step of "A Cry for Help" the search radar has been adjusted to correctly lead the player to all 4 tools
    Primer and Detonator icons have been added to all Interceptor gear
    Corrected a user interface issue where a player’s ultimate would show as available when it isn't
    Toggling the HDR option now properly prompts the Apply Changes button
    Player banners should now display correctly
    Camera shake slider has been added to settings menu
    Players may now track 10 challenges instead of 5
    An option to adjust screen boundaries on consoles has been added
    Changing a player banner through the banner menu now properly saves the selection
    Health, cooldowns, and key bindings now light up on supported keyboards
    Players will now receive more clear messaging when a squad is disbanded or are kicked from a squad
    Squad leaders will no longer always show as ready
    The icon for players in a downed state will no longer appear in cutscenes
    Cypher Annotations will now appear for more than one player if they are looking at it simultaneously
    Removed mentions of respawning on the player UI when they die in a restricted respawn area
    The Player Banner now updates immediately when updated from the squad screen
    Fixed a number of situations where a combo will trigger but no combo floating text appears
    Pressing esc to pass a notification screen no longer opens up the in-game menu
    Quick chat messages will no longer appear from an ignored player
    Removed a message from the mailbox which incorrectly stated that messages will be removed after 3 days
    A number of inscription icons have been updated to properly reflect whether they are Javelin specific or not
    Corrected an issue where players could not change loadout names on PC
    Players no longer need to exit and re-enter the forge for loadout names to update
    The on-screen VOIP indicator which shows a player speaking will no longer be active if that player is muted

Patch notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Did anyone see the reddit post about HDD activity. Game is constantly read/writing to the HDD. Can't link it as im in work but google away!

Edit* here it is: https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/arp3su/in_a_two_hour_session_the_game_read_610gb_from_my/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Dcully wrote: »
    the game ONLY begins at endgame.

Have to admit there's nothing that turns me off a game more than this :o A game should begin when the game begins, not after the campaign. It's a fundamental flaw with these types of games, at least in my eyes - I don't have a whole heap of gaming time, and I'm not going to give it over to a game that demands a dozen or two hours of commitment before the 'good stuff'. This isn't to say a game like Anthem shouldn't have long-term content and rewards for more committed players: of course it should! Good games can often evolve in new ways and reveal extra layers over a long period of time. But when I played Destiny a few years ago, completed the tedious campaign and then found out there was another dozen hours of grinding (at least) before the really good raid... frankly, I just checked out.

To confess to my only biases: I don't have a whole lot of time for commitment-heavy loot games in general. And I don't have any interest in what Bioware is putting out anymore - they're not the studio that made a few games I liked a decade or two ago. But yeah even with that in mind, personally whenever I hear that a game only properly opens up after a fair chunk of play... that's pretty bad design in my estimation, and illustrates a lack of respect for the player and their time. I mean, other demanding games - like the Souls series - throw players in the deep end immediately, while still boasting plenty of opportunities for high-level play.

• Advertisement

• Have to admit there's nothing that turns me off a game more than this :o A game should begin when the game begins, not after the campaign. It's a fundamental flaw with these types of games, at least in my eyes - I don't have a whole heap of gaming time, and I'm not going to give it over to a game that demands a dozen or two hours of commitment before the 'good stuff'. This isn't to say a game like Anthem shouldn't have long-term content and rewards for more committed players: of course it should! Good games can often evolve in new ways and reveal extra layers over a long period of time. But when I played Destiny a few years ago, completed the tedious campaign and then found out there was another dozen hours of grinding (at least) before the really good raid... frankly, I just checked out.

To confess to my only biases: I don't have a whole lot of time for commitment-heavy loot games in general. And I don't have any interest in what Bioware is putting out anymore - they're not the studio that made a few games I liked a decade or two ago. But yeah even with that in mind, personally whenever I hear that a game only properly opens up after a fair chunk of play... that's pretty bad design in my estimation, and illustrates a lack of respect for the player and their time. I mean, other demanding games - like the Souls series - throw players in the deep end immediately, while still boasting plenty of opportunities for high-level play.

All of this

It's a horrible excuse IMO. There is not reason why it cannot have a full-filling campaign. "Oh no but the end game" isn't an excuse for lacklustre design.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Have to admit there's nothing that turns me off a game more than this :o A game should begin when the game begins, not after the campaign. It's a fundamental flaw with these types of games, at least in my eyes - I don't have a whole heap of gaming time, and I'm not going to give it over to a game that demands a dozen or two hours of commitment before the 'good stuff'. This isn't to say a game like Anthem shouldn't have long-term content and rewards for more committed players: of course it should! Good games can often evolve in new ways and reveal extra layers over a long period of time. But when I played Destiny a few years ago, completed the tedious campaign and then found out there was another dozen hours of grinding (at least) before the really good raid... frankly, I just checked out.

Pretty simple then isnt it, the game is not for you :)
    Thats the nature of the beast that is endgame loop looters, take it or leave it , whats the point complaining.

Its like me going into BR games threads complaining about BR , i just dont do it because whats the point?
    Having said that BR suddenly became enjoyable to me with Apex but the point remains :)
    [not talking about you specifically] but there are a few hellbent to moan and whinge about it in here just because they dont like the genre :rolleyes:

It's a horrible excuse IMO. There is not reason why it cannot have a full-filling campaign. "Oh no but the end game" isn't an excuse for lacklustre design.

Actually quite a lot of looter games dont even have a story or a campaign, just straight into endgame so that makes your point redundant straight away.

The whole concept seems to be going right over your head but you see it as an excuse.
    I'm pretty sure the majority who enjoy the loot loop gameplay would be quite happy to see no campaign anyways.1000s of hours into this type of game any story becomes forgettable very fast.
    Stories or campaigns in this type of game merely serves as a scene setting exercise.

If people don't like this idea then don't play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Really good patch, solid changes there and it is available now. I will give it a try later today.

• ZiabR wrote: »
    Really good patch, solid changes there and it is available now. I will give it a try later today.

It's good to hear they are at least addressing some of the immediate issues prior to the release.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I usually have no interest in looter shooters, but this plays so damn well that i'll stick with it for a good while. Haven't gotten to play much this week, but will give it a few hours tonight hopefully.

You must be sitting there scoring the net for generic review sites in an attempt to back up your opinion on the game and genre.

Maybe check out some reviews from seasoned endgame looter players while your at it.

Here ill help you :P

Meanwhile im off to find some poor reviews for PUBG or maybe something else and stick them into their respective threads.

I have 6 hours played now and have a good feel for the game. I played the Beta aswell but I am yet to play the next patch.

One thing that is annoying me slightly is the spread of Javlins. I play Colossus myself, which is what I played all through the Beta.

My issue is that EVERYONE seems to be playing Colossus... I played 3 Strongholds last night.

Stronghold One - 2 x Colossus, 2 x Intercepter
    Stronghold Two - 2 Colossus, 1 Intercepter, 1 Ranger
    Stronghold Three - 4 Colossus

The issue I have with this is that the squad does not have enough DPS to complete "HARD" runs in a timely fashion and often results in squad wipes. Squad wipes are not fun and results in players leaving mid mission. It also means that the final boss fights take forever as you dart to and from teammates trying to revive.

The difference a Storm can make to a Stronghold or Mission in general is amazing, but I have only seen 2 Storm Javlins to date.

ZiabR wrote: »
    I have 6 hours played now and have a good feel for the game. I played the Beta aswell but I am yet to play the next patch.

One thing that is annoying me slightly is the spread of Javlins. I play Colossus myself, which is what I played all through the Beta.

My issue is that EVERYONE seems to be playing Colossus... I played 3 Strongholds last night.

Stronghold One - 2 x Colossus, 2 x Intercepter
    Stronghold Two - 2 Colossus, 1 Intercepter, 1 Ranger
    Stronghold Three - 4 Colossus

The issue I have with this is that the squad does not have enough DPS to complete "HARD" runs in a timely fashion and often results in squad wipes. Squad wipes are not fun and results in players leaving mid mission. It also means that the final boss fights take forever as you dart to and from teammates trying to revive.

The difference a Storm can make to a Stronghold or Mission in general is amazing, but I have only seen 2 Storm Javlins to date.

Im seeing plenty of colossus on PC but also a good balance of the others too but for sure colossus seems to top choice overall.
    I feel the reason is they can do it all, they can tank,melee dps,ranged dps,trash clear,boss dps, great at both single and aoe dps.

The lightning coil/flamethrower colossus is insane at everything the game can throw at you , i reckon they will nerf it soon.

Dcully wrote: »
    Im seeing plenty of colossus on PC but also a good balance of the others too but for sure colossus seems to top choice overall.
    I feel the reason is they can do it all, they can tank,melee dps,ranged dps,trash clear,boss dps, great at both single and aoe dps.

The lightning coil/flamethrower colossus is insane at everything the game can throw at you , i reckon they will nerf it soon.

100%, it needs to be nerfed. I am saying this as a Colossus main. It is a joke. Ranger could do with a Buff to make them more viable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Been playing Storm since the beta, have unlocked Colossus but not bothered using him yet. Storm is just awesome, hover over the battle throwing fire and lightning at guys. Also the ultimate is class

Really enjoying the game, despite some of its flaws. Will give the new patch a shot after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Got my 1st Masterwork Avenging Herald.

200% damage whilst hovering :eek:

I am Dirty Harry with wings ffs

If you manage to get a 2nd 1, equip it, the buff stacks! it's op as hell on a storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Game is crashing like a mofo since the patch...5 blue screens,had none before it..arghhh

• Dcully wrote: »
    You must be sitting there scoring the net for generic review sites in an attempt to back up your opinion on the game and genre.

Maybe check out some reviews from seasoned endgame looter players while your at it.

Here ill help you :P

Meanwhile im off to find some poor reviews for PUBG or maybe something else and stick them into their respective threads.

This is a discussion forum. So all sides of a debate are welcome. It's a divisive game for many a reason.
    I'd appreciate less of the passive aggressive comments.

• GHOST MGG wrote: »
    Game is crashing like a mofo since the patch...5 blue screens,had none before it..arghhh

On PC or console?
    Ziabr mentioned it runs really well on one x

• Advertisement

On PC or console?
    Ziabr mentioned it runs really well on one x

I have had very few issues on the One X but I have not installed or tried the new patch yet.

This is a discussion forum. So all sides of a debate are welcome. It's a divisive game for many a reason.
    I'd appreciate less of the passive aggressive comments.

All sides welcome ofcourse but your trying to force your opinion down everyones throat.
    Throwing up generic videos from mainstream rubbish reviewers who dont go anywhere near endgame before rushing out so called reviews.
    Have you experienced endgame yourself? I highly doubt it?
    If not then with respect you have no right to pass judgement.
    Your just regurgitating what you read or watch elsewhere with no experience of it yourself, not clever at all when your attempting to bash a game of this sort.
    Atleast experience it for yourself first before embarking on such a crusade.

As for passive aggressive really?lol

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

I think the issue is people's expectation of what Anthem should be and that this game should contain an epic story in the vein of past Bioware games. IMO, the people who are going to stick around for endgame and provide the future of the franchise aren't as concerned about story (in general), so there really isn't much point in crafting a 40 hour epic when the players who will be hanging round want to get to the endgame loop as soon as possible. It would be a waste of resources.

The fact is this game has a story, complete with a beginning, middle and end, and whilst it may not set the world on alight with depth or length, it does what it needs to with regards setting the context for what we will be doing in the endgame loop for the next few hundred hours.

If you want a huge, epic RPG experience, those games are out there and more will come (hell there is even a new Dragon Age coming for Bioware fans craving something more traditional from them). It seems like people are irked that this is a decent looter shooter rather than a great RPG, even though this game never sets out to be that.

All sides welcome ofcourse but your trying to force your opinion down everyones throat.
    Throwing up generic videos from mainstream rubbish reviewers who dont go anywhere near endgame before rushing out so called reviews.
    Have you experienced endgame yourself? I highly doubt it?
    If not then with respect you have no right to pass judgement.
    Your just regurgitating what you read or watch elsewhere with no experience of it yourself, not clever at all when your attempting to bash a game of this sort.
    Atleast experience it for yourself first before embarking on such a crusade.

As for passive aggressive really?lol

Yes, multiple posts coming across as passive aggressive.
    I've interest in this because I've enjoyed Bioware games in the past.
    I will continue to share reviews ect. If you don't like don't read.
    You are inventing an narrative. There is no "bashing".
    I've also complamented the patch work and the performance on X according to other folks here and am eager to see if it can be improved upon.

Yes, multiple posts coming across as passive aggressive.

Multiple passive aggressive posts? Totally disagree however there is a report
    feature.
    I've interest in this because I've enjoyed Bioware games in the past

Theres your problem right there, as has been pointed out by multiple posters this is nowhere near your usual Bioware game everyone knew this long before release.
    If no interest in endgame loot loop then this is not the game for you ,move on and let others enjoy it for what it is.

I will continue to share reviews ect. If you don't like don't read.
    If it makes you feel better then by all means , just makes you look silly pulling pointless videos in a vein attempt to add weight to your argument, you know im right here too :) Its quite funny actually :)
    You are inventing an narrative. There is no "bashing".
    Again you know what you are at you are bashing, dress it up how you like but your just hating on the game without having a clue about endgame :rolleyes:
    I've also complamented the patch work and the performance on X according to other folks here and am eager to see if it can be improved upon.

Clutching at straws comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭eggy81

What's this like compared to Destiny. Played Destiny up as far as the taken king and list interest from there on. Never bothered with 2. Thinking of giving this a try.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I think people are mostly wise to these sort of games by now, having been burnt by Destiny, The Division etc.

This one won't last, a few months and it'll be a niche game played by a few people who love the mindless grinding. Other than that, everyone will have moved on.

Multiple passive aggressive posts? Totally disagree however there is a report
    feature.

Theres your problem right there, as has been pointed out by multiple posters this is nowhere near your usual Bioware game everyone knew this long before release.
    If no interest in endgame loot loop then this is not the game for you ,move on and let others enjoy it for what it is.

If it makes you feel better then by all means , just makes you look silly pulling pointless videos in a vein attempt to add weight to your argument, you know im right here too :) Its quite funny actually :)

Again you know what you are at you are bashing, dress it up how you like but your just hating on the game without having a clue about endgame :rolleyes:

Clutching at straws comes to mind.

Yea the above is all waffle. No point in engaging with you any further for the sake of the thread.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

eggy81 wrote: »
    What's this like compared to Destiny. Played Destiny up as far as the taken king and list interest from there on. Never bothered with 2. Thinking of giving this a try.
    It's basically vanilla Destiny with jetpacks, and with PvP stripped out.

Stand here for x minutes, gather x of these things, kill x of these things, grab that thing and bring it here.

It doesn't tell it's story via poxy grimoire cards, so it's better than destiny in that regard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

awec wrote: »
    I think people are mostly wise to these sort of games by now, having been burnt by Destiny, The Division etc.

This one won't last, a few months and it'll be a niche game played by a few people who love the mindless grinding. Other than that, everyone will have moved on.

If the content is regular and adds to the game in meaningful and interesting ways people will stick around. Millions still play Destiny and the Division was able to claw back a steady player base once they course corrected. If Bioware can manage to knock it out of the Park with the first season of updates, starting in March I don't see any reason why the game won't last.

Of course they could balls it up royally and you'd be right, but I dont think it's as simplistic or clear cut as you're making out.

Advertisement