Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anthem

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Oh on PC if anyone else wants to add me for the alliance boost its Outkast_IRE

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

EoinHef wrote: »
    Man that sux.

Major drawback of RNG for regualr players. Hopefully they can get the loot pool expanded pretty soon.

Not sure id be grinding it too hard atm,after a few updates id hope it would improve that aspect.

Remember we will need masterwork embers for crafting so duplicate masterworks can be salvaged for materials.
    I got of the masterwork LMG, i just want to exploding assaulit rifle :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Got a master work pistol that does 200% damage while hovering, play storm so happy days

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Anyone looking to get in should wait a bit; already price cuts on the game in Australia and UK...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Nody wrote: »
    Anyone looking to get in should wait a bit; already price cuts on the game in Australia and UK...

I worry about the industry when twitch views can now decide whether a game lives or dies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I worry about the industry when twitch views can now decide whether a game lives or dies.
    It shows the level of interest in the game; same way only cable are measured for determining how many are watching a show for ratings. It's not accurate and the level of fairness is debatable but for lack of a better tool it's pre orders, twitch, metacritic etc. that sets the bar. In the end the twitch rating is an early "public" gauge (since EA are unlikely to comment until after March due to year end closure and sensitive period for information sharing etc.); in the end actual sales (and retention) is what will drive EAs decision but as we can't see anything of that twitch is the best public sourced information atm (since sales numbers are going to be all over the place and as noted not on Steam to see concurrent number of players).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Exactly twitch viewers is only one indicator on the success of a game, the critic and users scores are another and also the hard copy sales.

I worry more about the industry when a game in development as long as anthem is as incomplete as it is and has 3 actual launches to milk live services.

If your going to enter the love service market then you better be hitting your a game.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Twitch is great for gamers when it comes to deciding on what games to buy. It gives you a more realistic look at a game before you buy it, rather than the "highlights reel" you see in most real review sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

Just picked up anthem on pc, looks and feels much better than the demo, much smoother.

Anyone else on origin feel free to add : Mad-Ma84

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Freeplay on Grandmaster 2 seems to be the most efficient way to get legenadries and masterworks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Freeplay on Grandmaster 2 seems to be the most efficient way to get legenadries and masterworks.

That was discovered like two days in. Pretty sure they even made the route available for people to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

That was discovered like two days in. Pretty sure they even made the route available for people to do it

Thought they patched that? Can you still get masterwork from chests on freeplay, what's the route?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Alot of the early exploits have already been patched. There was a few videos floating around with various ways to farm items. These have all been patched already.

I am still really enjoying the game. I am just shy of level 20, didnt get to play as much as I would have liked but it is a great game. Still a 7/10 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Someone game me a months EA pass. Will try the trial and test myself. Get some opinions here.

Was it EA? Don't sell out man.

Not an exploit, just do world events in free play on GM2, you will need at least 3 in your group especially for the titans, because **** those guys.

I got 10+ MWs and a 2 legendaires, one loading screen and plenty of play time.

Had to stop because I was full of loot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Anyone finished some of the longer Strongholds on GrandMaster 1-3?

ZiabR wrote: »
    Anyone finished some of the longer Strongholds on GrandMaster 1-3?

Scelos on 2 is insane.

Find the big spider thing is handy enough, havent got to 3 yet. Need more legends 1st.

All my javelins are around 450ish

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm glad to see people are enjoying this despite pretty mediocre reviews. I'm worried for Bioware...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Was nice knowing you, Bioware. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Shiminay wrote: »
    I'm glad to see people are enjoying this despite pretty mediocre reviews. I'm worried for Bioware...

yeah i am hoping EA dont scrap bioware tbh, their not exactly known for giving storied developers a chance to redeem themselves. (not saying Anthem is bad, but user and critic scores are middling all across the board at best, that and sales are all EA care about).

Really really hope bioware get a chance to going back to what they are known for, making some more proper story driven single player games with fantastic characters. In the mean time obsidian and the like will jump at the opportunity id imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Very solid gameplay and combat,nice loot if somewhat limited, endgame very enjoyable but again its limited.
    The 90 day roadmap really should be in the game now if they want to keep people playing longterm.
    For these reasons i would be worried about bioware along with the fact a lot of people subbed to origin access for a month and will most likely not buy the game until atleast that 90 day roadmap content is added.
    It may well be a case of too little too late after 6 years of development.

Personally ill play it on and off until my month runs out, simply too many well developed looter games to go back to and look forward to so i wont be keeping my origin sub or buying the game just yet but i will be watching like a hawk to see what arrives in the future.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There's zero chance Bioware are being scrapped for this. Dragon Age and Mass Effect are too big, and worth too much to EA, to even consider it yet.

• gimli2112 wrote: »
    Was it EA? Don't sell out man.

I wont!
    It was a code that came with the One X he never used.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Kiith wrote: »
    There's zero chance Bioware are being scrapped for this. Dragon Age and Mass Effect are too big, and worth too much to EA, to even consider it yet.
    People said the same of Westwood and Visceral too I'm sure :) But I concede the point, there's a lot of love out there for Dragon Age and Mass Effect in spite of the luke warm showing Andromeda got.

SWTOR is still ongoing, that's a Bioware game too and there'd have to be some arrangements made for that.

Kiith wrote: »

dont know about mass effect, EA will be really unhappy with Andromada's performance, i quite enjoyed inquisition but did it sell well?

wont lie i am hoping and praying they can somehow do a bungie and run :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

EA have already reacted to the disappointment of Andromeda by merging Bioware Montreal into their other studio in the city, EA Motive.
    wont lie i am hoping and praying they can somehow do a bungie and run :pac:
    You mean initiate an employee-based buyout, go independent and then almost immediately agree to a ten year deal with the other largest publisher in the industry before walking away from that deal after agreeing to a $100m investment deal from a Chinese internet company? :pac:

While many of the original technical and creative leads at Bioware remain, their roster of executives which could lead such a move are pretty much gone meaning such a move is fairly unlikely.

gizmo wrote: »
    EA have already reacted to the disappointment of Andromeda by merging Bioware Montreal into their other studio in the city, EA Motive.

You mean initiate an employee-based buyout, go independent and then almost immediately agree to a ten year deal with the other largest publisher in the industry before walking away from that deal after agreeing to a $100m investment deal from a Chinese internet company? :pac:

While many of the original technical and creative leads at Bioware remain, their roster of executives which could lead such a move are pretty much gone meaning such a move is fairly unlikely.

yeah they did kind of sour the whole thing with that chinese phone game company alright :pac:

Nody wrote: »
    Up for sale in hard copy at 39 EUR for PS4 in Germany atm in Mediamarkt (one of their major retailers). That is not a good sign for how sales are doing atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

EA have history in putting games for sale quick. I not only bought BFV at launch for me I also got it for my brother. Could have waited a few weeks and got them for half price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Lol they don't have a history of putting games on sale quick, the writing was on the wall with BFV and in an attempt to get players to buy the game they dropped the price. Was kinda crappy as they really ****ed over their most loyal customers.

However like with BFV and fallout 76 this is a large retail distributor who is dropping the price. So it's not like EA are doing it but more a 3rd party reacting to poor reception and purchases.

Advertisement