If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Oled and surround sound system

Options
  • 09-01-2019 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am finally ready to either buy the 65 LGC8 or the Panasonic 65. Leaning towards the LG due to dolby vision I know Panasonic just released new Oleds with DV but they are going to be a pretty penny....

I am also looking to purchase a surround sound system (home theatre). I do like the look of the new Samsung N950 but due to the room configuration the tv will be positioned in the corner. So was thinking with an AV receiver it would have a mic which would setup the speakers the best way possible for the room. I can have 2 ceiling speakers just wondering how much of the sound travels back up? Budget is similar to the cost of the N950 with some room to move. I dont want big speakers more the size of the Focal Sibs. 

Look forward to hearing from you.  

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

rob1air wrote: »
    Dear Sir/Madam,

I am finally ready to either buy the 65 LGC8 or the Panasonic 65. Leaning towards the LG due to dolby vision I know Panasonic just released new Oleds with DV but they are going to be a pretty penny....

I am also looking to purchase a surround sound system (home theatre). I do like the look of the new Samsung N950 but due to the room configuration the tv will be positioned in the corner. So was thinking with an AV receiver it would have a mic which would setup the speakers the best way possible for the room. I can have 2 ceiling speakers just wondering how much of the sound travels back up? Budget is similar to the cost of the N950 with some room to move. I dont want big speakers more the size of the Focal Sibs. 

Look forward to hearing from you.  
    Hi Rob1air.

Thanks for  the email.

Lets start with the sound set up.

You could use your current in-ceiling speakers but I would not recommend them as fronts but you could use them as the rears.
    To get the full effect I would recommend a speaker like the Sibo Evo you mention.
    If you do go with the in-ceiling speaker then you can add firehoods to them with help reduce the risk of fire but also reduces the amount of noise leakage traveling up through the floorboards. Starting at 54.99 Euro to fit a 6.5" driver.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201152-cambridge-audio-fh10-firehood-6-5-in-ceiling-firehood.aspx

If you wanted to go for the Sib's we have several packages including receivers available.

Sarting at the Denon AVRX2500 with the Evo's coming in at £1029
    https://www.richersounds.com/denon-avrx2500h-focal-sib-evo-5-1-2-dolby-atmos.html

Nest up the Sony STRDN1080 with the Evo's priced at £1299
    https://www.richersounds.com/sony-strdn1080-focal-sib-evo-5-1-2-dolby-atmos.html

Even with the excellent Denon AVRX3500 and the Evo's priced at £1238, still coming in under the price of the N950 and will sound much better.
    https://www.richersounds.com/denon-avrx3500-focal-sib-evo.html

I purchased one of the LG OLED's around about a year ago and I have to say they are excellent. We have supplied several of the Panasonic to some film studios for their editing monitors so you know they are good quality when that happens.

The 65C8PLA is currently priced at 2699 Euro which makes it already cheaper than our listed £2399 Sterling
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203217-lg-oled65c8pla-65-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

The Panasonic 65FZ802 is currently priced at £2499 but has a voucher code for £100 off making it £2399 (Sterling code only). However the already listed euro price of 2653.28
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203444-panasonic-tx65fz802b-65-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-premium-smart-tv-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx

Both OLED's come with our 6 year guarantee included free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 rob1air

Sounds like there are some good options there that I will have to check out. One question do either of the denons allow a USB stick to play video files as I have a small library of video files and blu-ray rips with full atmos. As the Panasonic doesn't support atmos I can't plug stick into TV and playback atmos? Hope that makes sense...

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

rob1air wrote: »
    Sounds like there are some good options there that I will have to check out. One question do either of the denons allow a USB stick to play video files as I have a small library of video files and blu-ray rips with full atmos. As the Panasonic doesn't support atmos I can't plug stick into TV and playback atmos? Hope that makes sense...
    Hi Rob1air.

No problem at all.

Unfortunately the Denon units don't allow video playback via USB. Audio only.

I can't think of any that will do this. Best bet would be to get a portable HDD with HDMI output and put them on to this and then connect via HDMI into the receiver.

Or perhaps use a Blu Ray player and connect it through its USB port.

Any questions please let me know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.