Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How the other half live............

Options
  • 09-01-2019 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

Unfortunately the following piece is true and puts into perspective how some teachers have fcuked the system for others!
    (Apologies to the many great teachers who are no longer in the system due to illness,not being able to get a worthwhile full time position or those that finished up without having a gold plated full service pension,I have every sympathy for you and wish you well and maybe more importantly hope that you get access to a supervision post if that is your wish so that you can supplement your meagre earnings.)
    (Neither do I want any GITS coming on here poo-pooing my story!)

The letter came in the post yesterday,he knew right away what it contained!
    Of course it was the Supervision Form for the Summer Examinations.With that evenings grinds out of the way,a nice bit of tax free cash in the pocket he headed to the local College the following morning in the newly acquired top -of- the range
    191 reg saloon,nothing beats a bit of comfort!
    Getting to the local college was a short enough journey but time was tight as there was an Interview Board to sit on at 10:30 about 45 minutes drive away,more cash in hand/argos /One 4 All Vouchers,a nice little earner if I say so myself!
    Anyways driving into the local College it was quite noticeable the amount of Bangers parked here and there,actually quite difficult to get a decent spot for my new pride and joy but it fitted around the back,best out of sight,you know,wink,wink.
    They have a new security system here since last years visit so one had to ring the bell.The door was opened by a lady who directed him to the staff room as the Principal was "busy",he was told to wait there for the present.(He didnt have a present with him either....and considering the Dept.has told the Principals not to sign examination supervision forms for anyone other than their own present day staff and no way sign them for retired teachers under any circumstances it would have been nice to offer a box of left over biscuits or sweets just to get around this possibly awkward moment!)
    Sitting in the staffroom,looking around a few teachers busily correcting,scribbling notes and preparing for classes was somewhat alien to this gent.He got the nice welcome and general small talk was profferred,it was clear that the teachers present did not have full time permanent pensionable positions but so what! No embarrassement was shown! A general fidgetiness ensued as the clock was ticking and the Interview Board awaited but the Principal was still busy........and then the call came from the Secretary and for a man nearing 70 he bolted out the door and nearly knocked over the poor part time lad going from one class to the next. The form was signed and tyres squealed out the gate ,the vouchers awaited and fcuk the rest of ye!!!!
    More grinds awaited this evening and tomorrow evening and then the bit of work with the IT later in the week,oh what a lovely selfish profession to be in!

No shame!:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,671 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

^^^^

I hope you are not an English teacher. The structure and flow in your post is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Well if it's true, where is it from? What is the context of this post?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Even if true best of luck to him. In the end won't he be able to line the pockets of his last suit with it.
    Nearing 70 I will be enjoying the friends and company around me if I'm lucky to live till then.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wexford96

^^^^

I hope you are not an English teacher. The structure and flow in your post is terrible.
    His/her writing is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

This ‘story’ is so badly written it’s hard to determine the point. What are you complaining about - retired teachers supervising exams and sitting on interview boards? The interview board and College references are confusing me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement