Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

heno86 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea if this will sell out? I’m trying to get a group going and most can’t get tickets for a few weeks?

Not this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I don't think it sold out last year either.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Don't think it has sold out since 2016 or earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I don't think it sold out last year either.

Last year was my first time at B&S and I loved that less packed feeling (compared to EP), especially Friday and Saturday. Sunday was noticeably busier but still a great vibe about the place under a beautiful blue sky, fingers crossed for the same this year.

Yeah I think 2012 - 2015 or 16 were all sell outs, some of them selling out on the weekend of the festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Heiser

Don't think I'm going to go this year, have tickets for ATN and all my mates said they're not paying €200 for that line up. Still trying to convince them as I do love the festival. Is there anything electronic worth checking out that I don't know about? Only know the Blaze and Modelskeltor from the line up. Would be into Kiasmos, Jon Hopkins, Four Tet that kinda thing

Heiser wrote: »
    Don't think I'm going to go this year, have tickets for ATN and all my mates said they're not paying €200 for that line up. Still trying to convince them as I do love the festival. Is there anything electronic worth checking out that I don't know about? Only know the Blaze and Modelskeltor from the line up. Would be into Kiasmos, Jon Hopkins, Four Tet that kinda thing

Kruder and Dorfmeister (although they're on the laid back end of the scale) , Chymera, Mano Le Tough, Baikal, Monolink,

MJohnston wrote: »
    Kruder and Dorfmeister (although they're on the laid back end of the scale) , Chymera, Mano Le Tough, Baikal, Monolink,

Add Neil Flynn, EMBRZ, Happyalone, Donal Dineen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I heard the Absolut stage is gone this year. Whether it is being replaced I'm not sure, Hennessy whiskey seem to be sponsoring the festival this year but not sure whether they will have a stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Peesh89

I heard the Absolut stage is gone this year. Whether it is being replaced I'm not sure, Hennessy whiskey seem to be sponsoring the festival this year but not sure whether they will have a stage.

Yeah no mention of Absolute in the sponsors list at all. Love hanging out at the Absolute stage late at night, hope it'll still have a similar 'vibe' with Hennessy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭hugeglobe

Peesh89 wrote: »
    Yeah no mention of Absolute in the sponsors list at all. Love hanging out at the Absolute stage late at night, hope it'll still have a similar 'vibe' with Hennessy.

Looks like Hennessy are collaborating with the Midnight Circus stage with Mathman.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

"The Hennessy Sound Lounge will also make an appearance at Ballinlough, offering vinyl playback on a custom crafted sound system by Toby Hatchett and speakers talking about their favourite records, in a lounge inspired by Japanese listening rooms of the 70s"

Maybe this is what is replacing it?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

keithkk16 wrote: »
    "The Hennessy Sound Lounge will also make an appearance at Ballinlough, offering vinyl playback on a custom crafted sound system by Toby Hatchett and speakers talking about their favourite records, in a lounge inspired by Japanese listening rooms of the 70s"

Maybe this is what is replacing it?

If they had some of those large custom JBLs that would be class

Had a slow night in work so I decided to update the spotify playlist I made with all the new stuff added recently https://open.spotify.com/user/1159545637/playlist/153M5vvru1GMPk6JxOM9X2?si=JVNC5e_sRqSi1UiHnKuelg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I see kornel kovacs is in the new bodytonic venue on the 22nd. He'd be a great addition if he could make it down one of the other nights. Is there more to be announced or is this our lot?

griffdaddy wrote: »
    I see kornel kovacs is in the new bodytonic venue on the 22nd. He'd be a great addition if he could make it down one of the other nights. Is there more to be announced or is this our lot?

I'm pretty sure all the "big stuff" is announced already. There's probably one more small announcement, but it's more than likely small irish acts going by the way announcements were put up the last few years.

Lost one of the headliners

"Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, Santigold is canceling the entire European tour scheduled for this summer, as well as the performance at this year's INmusic festival. "

Lost one of the headliners

"Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, Santigold is canceling the entire European tour scheduled for this summer, as well as the performance at this year's INmusic festival. "

So does that mean they are gonna have to book another headliner now then.

So does that mean they are gonna have to book another headliner now then.

They'd want to, to justify the price of the fest.

Will they get a suitable replacement this late in the game, who knows?

I don't have any insight into this fest. Anyone have any ideas? Have they lost a headline act before?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

https://www.facebook.com/BodyandSoulIreland/posts/10161663632390514
    So sorry to announce that @Santigold won't be able to join us for Body & Soul 2019 due to to the cancellation of her European tour. ��

But STAY TUNED this week to find out who will be replacing her alongside over a hundred incredible music acts on #BodySoul19 line-up! ����☀️�� #10YearsofJoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Will they get a suitable replacement this late in the game, who knows?

She was down for Sat night. Hopefully they get a good one, Santigold wasnt doing it for me and overall line up is week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

People may whinge but it's probably going to be hard to get someone of similar calibre at such short notice. I think most of those artists organise their tours a year or more in advance, could be wrong though.

They will probably do what most festivals do when this happens, bump everyone else on the bill up a notch as it's easier to have a gap at the start of the day, book some local band or leave it empty.

MadYaker wrote: »
    People may whinge but it's probably going to be hard to get someone of similar calibre at such short notice. I think most of those artists organise their tours a year or more in advance, could be wrong though.

They will probably do what most festivals do when this happens, bump everyone else on the bill up a notch as it's easier to have a gap at the start of the day, book some local band or leave it empty.

I reckon this, having an Irish headliner would be good anyway.

Villagers are free.

Or bump Talos to headline.

Although they're prob gonna go with a female headliner for optics sake. hmm

Bitch Falcon are recording their new album.. could be a launchpad.

I reckon Irish and female is what it's replaced with.

Now I think Roisin Murphy.

Róisín Murphy would be a brilliant replacement. Looks like she has no other gigs on that weekend either. Though she is pretty "big" these days so who knows what the budget is like for B&S

Isn't Roisin Murphy playing Electric Picnic though, she was brilliant last year at All Together Now.

Isn't Roisin Murphy playing Electric Picnic though, she was brilliant last year at All Together Now.

She played ATN and headlined Metropolis and they were only in between August and October so who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FrewBrews

keithkk16 wrote: »
    She played ATN and headlined Metropolis and they were only in between August and October so who knows?

They're both POD festivals though. That's why that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yep, very little chance it'll be her.

Call in a favour from Solange!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

MJohnston wrote: »
    Call in a favour from Solange!

Is she not doing Longitude?

Advertisement