Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Is she not doing Longitude?

last year? possibly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Yes, it was Longitude last year. I was mostly just joking about the fact that B&S booked her years before she became big (beyond being the sibling of Beyonce, of course).

Wonder if this announcement is still happening this week as mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Wouldn't it be great if they managed to scoop Bjork as a replacement for Santigold. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Wouldn't it be great if they managed to scoop Bjork as a replacement for Santigold. :)

Can't see it being anyone that big tbh, anyone thats that big playing any festival this summer would have been booked ages ago. I think we'll get something along the lines of Le Boom or something. They said they would have an announcement this week and there hasn't been one, so it doesn't look good atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Le Bloom? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Le Bloom?

They need to replace the festival headliner, they better not take the piss even more than they have been on acts.

So where is this replacement headliner?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MichaelM93l

Seems they have someone in mind, could see an announcement made this week.

Would love if it was SOPHIE as a replacement, would love to see her on mainstage, sets are always mind blowing good.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Peesh89

Just started listening to Coely this morning, loving everything, definitely adding to my list of must sees!

• Advertisement

Still not sign, looks like a they are going to pocket the savings .

Peterd66 wrote: »

Doubt they’ll do that, that will for sure piss off a lot of people and I do think that could be the final nail in the coffin for people deciding if they’ll go next year or not.

Majority of the names they have don’t exactly jump out and Santigold did so they need someone of the same caliber.

They said they were “on it” to find a “suitable substitute” so fingers crossed they’ll deliver on the promise but at the same time the clock is ticking, we’re 33 days away they need to give us something soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Doubt they’ll do that, that will for sure piss off a lot of people and I do think that could be the final nail in the coffin for people deciding if they’ll go next year or not.

Majority of the names they have don’t exactly jump out and Santigold did so they need someone of the same caliber.

They said they were “on it” to find a “suitable substitute” so fingers crossed they’ll deliver on the promise but at the same time the clock is ticking, we’re 33 days away they need to give us something soon!

It's getting annoying at this stage. First Aid Kit had to cancel their tour as well and Forbidden Fruit were able to replace them in the same day with Fountaines Dc

It really is getting annoying, for their tenth anniversary the whole marketing seems so messy compared to other years. I’m usually patient with B&S because the weekend is always great but B&S can’t solely depend on the weather being great and everyone having fun, they need to get on the ball.

Surprised how quick Forbidden Fruit were to replace someone and Fountaines DC, would have liked them for B&S but it could happen yet.

It really is getting annoying, for their tenth anniversary the whole marketing seems so messy compared to other years. I’m usually patient with B&S because the weekend is always great but B&S can’t solely depend on the weather being great and everyone having fun, they need to get on the ball.

I think we need to start raising the issue with them and asking them on Twitter, Facebook etc. I've kicked it off, so feel free to bail in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Fontaines DC for First Aid Kit is not a like-for-like swap though, by any means. Chill out folks, I'm sure they'll sort something!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

As optimistic as ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I think we need to start raising the issue with them and asking them on Twitter, Facebook etc. I've kicked it off, so feel free to bail in.

did you tweet them or send them a DM? I can't see anything on their page.

did you tweet them or send them a DM? I can't see anything on their page.

Tweet on @bodyandsoulirl

I've already asked on their Facebook page. :)

• Advertisement

Peterd66 wrote:

Look at their website, no mention anywhere or in comms from last week about "and a surprise still to be announced headliner" , just remaining acts. No answer to queries on SM. They are pocketing the cash. For last few years they have been about "never mind the acts, feel the experience." But price is too high for that.

Look at their website, no mention anywhere or in comms from last week about "and a surprise still to be announced headliner" , just remaining acts. No answer to queries on SM. They are pocketing the cash. For last few years they have been about "never mind the acts, feel the experience." But price is too high for that.

All those Graphics for who's going to be the alchemist? and the queen? cost money you know.

So from what i've gathered from what the lineup is from their webpage you currently have The Blaze, K + D and Modeselektor as heads.

Fri 21st- K+D and the Blaze
    Sat 22nd Modeselektor
    Sun 23rd ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭navosa

Just got this response from the Facebook account on private message with regards to a new headliner:
    Hi Jack. We are working on it currently feverishly but can’t confirm until the new acts we approached confirms with us. On it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭hugeglobe

Surprised how quick Forbidden Fruit were to replace someone and Fountaines DC, would have liked them for B&S but it could happen yet.

Ff is run by pod who also run ATN (where they're playing and was supposed to be their only Irish festival this year) so they probably have a good relationship with them already. They played button factory late last year which pod also owns.

navosa wrote:
    Just got this response from the Facebook account on private message with regards to a new headliner:

Good to hear. If it's true they need to on with it, in order to get sales going.

' Hi Jack. We are working on it currently feverishly but can’t confirm until the new acts we approached confirms with us. On it though. '

Perhaps they're booking Fever Ray again. :pac:

Perhaps they're booking Fever Ray again.

Hope not, that tuneless screeching last year wasn't up to much! Not sure what I am hopping for, Fontaines DC would have been good. John Grant? Public Enemy at God's of Rap last week were great as always. The Specials are on tour. Kamasi Washington? Cinematic Orchestra?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Hope not, that tuneless screeching last year wasn't up to much! Not sure what I am hopping for, Fontaines DC would have been good. John Grant? Public Enemy at God's of Rap last week were great as always. The Specials are on tour. Kamasi Washington? Cinematic Orchestra?

Would love to Fever Ray again.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108986628&postcount=57

Different strokes for different folks...

While we're waiting for this new headliner announcement I'll whet your appetites with some short clips of Modeselektor that I took of their appearance at Life Festival 2013 when they closed the main stage on Sunday night and then a clip of their SiriusMoadeselektor gig from Roma in 2015. They always have great visuals and a guaranteed party night, multi-generic dance music, techno, gabber, DnB, hip hop, ambient, IDM and Krautrock, very wide ranging and influenced by Berlin electronica. :) Their set will be mind blowing.

Grillwalker

• Advertisement

Perhaps they're booking Fever Ray again.

' Hi Jack. We are working on it currently feverishly but can’t confirm until the new acts we approached confirms with us. On it though. '

What would be even better would be Rolling Blackouts Coastal FEVER, who finish US tour on June 13th and start Euro tour July 3rd!

Advertisement