Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Still no Sunday headliner, it must be hard to find someone at this short of notice.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

I’ve been telling my mates how weak this line-up is for a while now.

Last night I sat down and actually did some listening - and suddenly am all p1ssed off cos I’ll miss lots of good stuff while keeping the kids entertained.

Now have at least 20 acts I’d like to check out and that’s not even counting things like Mother or the chanting yoke I’ve signed myself up for...

Confidence Man sound like they will be immense fun live. Hopefully they get some kind of decent crowd - always a concern for non-DJs at this festival.

Video playlist of some of my new favourite acts, only listened to Modeselektor before really: BnS 19 playlist

I created a B&S playlist too seeing that I don't have Spotify can't seem to stop these ads in the middle though, enjoy. :)

B&S Festival 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 4 egghead1234

Hi guys, got two body & soul tickets on an installment plan and the second payment was due out on Tuesday but nothing has been taken out of my account. I've emailed ticketbooth about 6 times since Tuesday about it but haven't got a response back. Just wondering if anyone else had similar issues with an installment plan payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Hi guys, got two body & soul tickets on an installment plan and the second payment was due out on Tuesday but nothing has been taken out of my account. I've emailed ticketbooth about 6 times since Tuesday about it but haven't got a response back. Just wondering if anyone else had similar issues with an installment plan payment?

Give B&S a shout on their fb our other social media pages. They're pretty good with getting back to people having problems with tickets etc

• Advertisement

I got a bit excited there when I seen Saint Sister and Jape pop up, but they are just having a chat about tunes they like.
    Jafaris is added to Friday night and a few DJS mentioned for the Hennessy sound lounge that must be replacing the Absolut Bar stage
    and still no mention of a Sunday headliner :(
    https://nialler9.com/hennessy-sound-lounge-lineup-revealed-for-bodysoul-jafaris-added-to-lineup/

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

I’ve been telling my mates how weak this line-up is for a while now.

Last night I sat down and actually did some listening - and suddenly am all p1ssed off cos I’ll miss lots of good stuff while keeping the kids entertained.

Now have at least 20 acts I’d like to check out and that’s not even counting things like Mother or the chanting yoke I’ve signed myself up for...

Confidence Man sound like they will be immense fun live. Hopefully they get some kind of decent crowd - always a concern for non-DJs at this festival.

Video playlist of some of my new favourite acts, only listened to Modeselektor before really: BnS 19 playlist

I am loving the line up, Confidence Man, Proper Micro NV and Coley a few that spring to mind..

A nugget of newish info over on Nialler9 this morning...https://nialler9.com/hennessy-sound-lounge-lineup-revealed-for-bodysoul-jafaris-added-to-lineup/

** also looking fwd to Meltybrains? and Baikal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

keithkk16 wrote: »
    I got a bit excited there when I seen Saint Sister and Jape pop up, but they are just having a chat about tunes they like.
    Jafaris is added to Friday night and a few DJS mentioned for the Hennessy sound lounge that must be replacing the Absolut Bar stage
    and still no mention of a Sunday headliner :(
    https://nialler9.com/hennessy-sound-lounge-lineup-revealed-for-bodysoul-jafaris-added-to-lineup/

God if that is their replacement for the Absolut Bar it sounds like a significant enough downgrade. They have not enticed me whatsoever with anything they have announced so far, was expecting big things for their ten year birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Worth noting the Hennessy sound lodge will have this DJ lineup for the evenings:
    DJ sets from Fish Go Deep, Mr Saturday Night, Sassy J, Vic Creezée, Colm K aka Sunday Times, Donna Leake, Sim Simma Soundsystem, Move Slow Records, Aoife O’Neill, Mathman, Hang Dai Soundsystem, Cian Murphy, Eddie Otchere, and Sally Cinnamon & pals.

That's an almost perfectly built lineup for my tastes!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

is this Hennessy Sound Lounge just the absolute bar renamed or is it a different location?

• Advertisement

Dunno. I think we're all assuming it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Could it be where the Veuve Cliquot thing was last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

' Hi Jack. We are working on it currently feverishly but can’t confirm until the new acts we approached confirms with us. On it though. '

I'd hate to see them on "slow"! Still have sneaking suspicion they are pocketing the savings. Will be happy to be proved wrong.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Peterd66 wrote: »
    I'd hate to see them on "slow"! Still have sneaking suspicion they are pocketing the savings. Will be happy to be proved wrong.

I get the general impression that ticket sales are lacklustre this year and this might be the last year

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

I get the general impression that ticket sales are lacklustre this year and this might be the last year

I suspect so. Funny thing is I suspect 2 midsize acts would have got them a bigger crowd.

Peterd66 wrote: »
    I suspect so. Funny thing is I suspect 2 midsize acts would have got them a bigger crowd.

Yeah like Jape and Saint Sister, they're gonna be there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

I know on the body & soul website FAQs it says that you are not permitted to pitch tents beside a campervan in the campervan field. Do they police this rule? I remember my friends were in a campervan a few years ago at B&S and had 2 tents outside belonging to their friends. We are staying in the campervan section this year for the first time and were wondering if a few more of our buddies could get away with pitching beside us? Whats everyones experience of this??

So does anybody have an inkling about who is replacing Santigold yet, its getting kinda ridiculous now.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭hugeglobe

Well lads weather's been crap and no sign of a Santigold replacement. How do we think this year is going to shape up?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

One would hope the weather will have picked up in two weeks time

• Advertisement

The weather was ****e last year too just before it unfurled like a beautiful butterfly over the B+S weekend.

AdamD wrote: »

I remember last year waking up on Friday morning to blue skies and the start of a long heatwave, the wellies & poncho stayed in the car. I don't think we'll be as lucky this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭hugeglobe

AdamD wrote: »

Please god. Good few of my friends who'd be regulars are having their doubts this year which is sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭hernie

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Yeah like Jape and Saint Sister, they're gonna be there anyway.

Is Jape going to be at B&S? Don't see anything on the site. Would love to see him live

I remember last year waking up on Friday morning to blue skies and the start of a long heatwave, the wellies & poncho stayed in the car. I don't think we'll be as lucky this year.

Well Accuweather is forecasting it fairly nice for that weekend

hugeglobe wrote: »
    Well lads weather's been crap and no sign of a Santigold replacement. How do we think this year is going to shape up?

always hopeful!

hernie wrote: »
    Is Jape going to be at B&S? Don't see anything on the site. Would love to see him live

He'll be there in Richie Egan form doing what sounds a bit like Desert Island Discs at the Hennessy Sound Lounge.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Peesh89

Even if they announced a Santigold replacement in the next day or two, is there still not nearly half a lineup missing compared to most years?
    Have had my ticket from the day they went on sale and myself and friends can't wait for it but it's all a little worrying.
    Seems a lot of money went in to the characters they created and all of the content around it. I'm seeing ads for tickets everywhere I turn too... Eeeeek.

I'm 100% sure sales are down on previous years, because we're getting to the point of festival overload again. All Together Now will have sponged off a lot of previous Body and Soulers too (although imo ATN isn't anywhere near the same kind of thing).

That said, aside from the missing headliner, the lineup in general is about as numerous with acts as it ever is. We'll probably get minor stage lineups in the last couple of weeks, and comedy acts etc.

The lineup at B&S is a funny old thing. I don't think I've ever once gone because of it, and I am not sure I've seen more than a handful of acts on any of the stages that I planned in advance. Last year, for example, I thought the main lineup was absolute turd, but I had an amazing year, hanging out at Arbutus Yarns, dancing in the sun, seeing my 2 year old enjoy the Soul Kids area (his birthday coincides with B&S, so he'll be having his 3rd birthday there this year!)

• Advertisement

MJohnston wrote: »
    ... but I had an amazing year, hanging out at Arbutus Yarns, ..

I had a great time at Donal Dineen there during the wee hours of one of the nights, some trippy cartoon type animation too if my memory serves me right, looking forward to revisiting it this year.

Advertisement