Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭hugeglobe

Well, a week and a half to go. I think it's time for some weather forecasting. The always accurate Yr gets up to next Thursday and is looking promising. 18 degrees, sunny and a couple showers.

https://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Athboy/long.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

hugeglobe wrote: »
    Well, a week and a half to go. I think it's time for some weather forecasting. The always accurate Yr gets up to next Thursday and is looking promising. 18 degrees, sunny and a couple showers.

https://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Athboy/long.html

I think we'll happily just take a few showers this year given the weather we have at the moment. Hiking boots Vs wellies, boots I'm thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I think we'll happily just take a few showers this year given the weather we have at the moment. Hiking boots Vs wellies, boots I'm thinking.

Boots, always boots, If you don't have any yet - buy them now and start breaking them in. Don't Wear them for the first time at the festival your feet will be in bits.

Korvanica wrote: »
    Boots, always boots, If you don't have any yet - buy them now and start breaking them in. Don't Wear them for the first time at the festival your feet will be in bits.

good advice, thankfully I have a pair but been a while since I wore them so I've started wearing them around the place to break them in again. (packing some Compeeds just in case though)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Unless it rains solidly between now and B&S, id just wear old runners

• Advertisement

Unless it rains solidly between now and B&S, id just wear old runners

I'll pack both.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

What extras does a Crew pass provide?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Kajor wrote: »

You get entry in via working entrances and can access production areas but to a certain degree.

The above is what I got for EP so can't be certain they're not a bit different.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Kajor wrote: »

Nothing too much, maybe a free dinner or lunch during the shifts and a wider crew camping area that includes campervans too, the nice thing with the crew camping area is that its right next to all the action in the woods. What are you doing, volunteering/stewarding or Decor, security or stagehand (Production Crew)? If your security or stagehand you will probably be paid wages as well as the wristband too. You are either camping in the general crew area or if your production you will be in Castle Camping which is basically in front of Ballinlough Castle.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

For some reason half the DJs playing throughout the weekend aren't on the main B&S website, but I found them all on Nialler9s website and made a playlist of sets. All there names listed below in no particular order https://soundcloud.com/scoob89/sets/body-soul-2019-djs

Kruder and Dorfmeister
    Mano Le Tough
    Baikal
    The Drifter
    Cait
    Kelly Anne Byrne
    Sevensol
    Neil Flynn
    Kev Seridan
    Disconauts
    Fish Go Deep
    Mr Saturday Night(Eamonn Harkin)
    Sassy J
    Vic Creezee
    Sunday Times(Colm K)
    Donna Leake
    Sim Simma Soundsystem
    Move Slow Records
    Efa O'Neill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

What's the reasoning for Santigold pulling out? I'm at Liam Gallagher on Sunday so would've been sickened to have missed her.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

callaway92 wrote: »
    What's the reasoning for Santigold pulling out? I'm at Liam Gallagher on Sunday so would've been sickened to have missed her.

She pulled out of the whole European Tour due to unforseen circumstances. Shes still doing a few gigs in the USA. Probably some kind of health or personal problem.

keithkk16 wrote: »
    For some reason half the DJs playing throughout the weekend aren't on the main B&S website, but I found them all on Nialler9s website and made a playlist of sets. All there names listed below in no particular order https://soundcloud.com/scoob89/sets/body-soul-2019-djs

Kruder and Dorfmeister
    Mano Le Tough
    Baikal
    The Drifter
    Cait
    Kelly Anne Byrne
    Sevensol
    Neil Flynn
    Kev Seridan
    Disconauts
    Fish Go Deep
    Mr Saturday Night(Eamonn Harkin)
    Sassy J
    Vic Creezee
    Colm K
    Donna Leake
    Sim Simma Soundsystem
    Move Slow Records

Don't forget Sunday Times! they kill it every year.

Big ones for me this year are Cait , Donna Leake and Sassy J

Colm K is "Sunday Times" I probably should of put that in brackets

Colm K is "Sunday Times" I probably should of put that in brackets

Ah yes. Aoife O'Neill is also playing the Hennessey lounge thing. Also well worth checking out and on my list!

Ah yes. Aoife O'Neill is also playing the Hennessey lounge thing. Also well worth checking out and on my list!

I couldn't find any of her stuff on soundcloud.

Edit: I know why now, she spells it Efa O'Neill

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

As far as I can remember, last year they released like 100/150 tickets for €150 a week or so before the fesival. They then announced two day tickets as well for roughly the same price. I wonder what are the chances of this happening again?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

high I'd imagine.

As far as I can remember, last year they released like 100/150 tickets for €150 a week or so before the fesival. They then announced two day tickets as well for roughly the same price. I wonder what are the chances of this happening again?

Yeah I'm banking on that. If not you'll find someone selling them for well under cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah I'm banking on that. If not you'll find someone selling them for well under cost.

Are none of you on Facebook, join this group here called Overheard at Body&Soul I see loads of cheap tickets being offered on that the odd time.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

?
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BynBbGaCXNG/

Thanks for posting. Still working out as €210 though, last year they definitely offered limited discounted tickets and then Saturday/Sunday tickets the week building up to the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

You might see the 2-day tickets again this year, but I'd imagine that new post-fest instalment plan thing will probably preclude them releasing any discounted tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Download the TicketSwap app, it's great.
    Weekend on their for 167 at the moment.

Was that a "crew pass" or something, where you got six or eight tickets at €150 each about 2 weeks before the festival?

Was that a "crew pass" or something, where you got six or eight tickets at €150 each about 2 weeks before the festival?

Nope, I remember they just announced via social media they were releasing like 100 tickets at a discounted price as a special offer. Just checked my old emails to confirm I wasn't imagining this and the ticket I bought was "Limited €149 Weekend - Us&You Eco Camping Ticket | Tier 3 (Max 1 per person)" through ticketbooth.

I'd say MJohnston is right, probably won't be releasing those tickets this year if they are doing a 50/50 installment plan. Hopefully they will release two day tickets though for Saturday & Sunday. I can't imagine it has sold that well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Weekend15

Does anybody know how strict they will be on the name change thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Heiser

Nope, I remember they just announced via social media they were releasing like 100 tickets at a discounted price as a special offer. Just checked my old emails to confirm I wasn't imagining this and the ticket I bought was "Limited €149 Weekend - Us&You Eco Camping Ticket | Tier 3 (Max 1 per person)" through ticketbooth.

I'd say MJohnston is right, probably won't be releasing those tickets this year if they are doing a 50/50 installment plan. Hopefully they will release two day tickets though for Saturday & Sunday. I can't imagine it has sold that well.

Why is everyone presuming it hasn't sold well? All the other big festivals have sold really well and people have money again

Heiser wrote: »
    Why is everyone presuming it hasn't sold well? All the other big festivals have sold really well and people have money again

Loads of advertising, questionable lineup, didnt sell out last year, weather hasn't been great. I could be completely wrong of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

questionable lineup.

Only question I have is, how do I squeeze in all the great acts I want to see?ðŸ˜႒

Advertisement