Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2019

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,004 ✭✭✭endainoz

getting a bit worried about the fact no tickets on sale for next year.

They got back to me regarding volunteering and mentioned early birds tickets will go on sale in October. Should hear something very soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭fillup

Their FB page says theyll be back in June 2020 and they replied to my question that they wouldn't be clashing with Glasto so I'm guessing it'll be on 19th to 21st June.

They must be reading this thread, they just updated their cover photo on Facebook saying 2020 early birds coming soon.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

fillup wrote: »
    Their FB page says theyll be back in June 2020 and they replied to my question that they wouldn't be clashing with Glasto so I'm guessing it'll be on 19th to 21st June.

I think they always pick the solstice weekend or the first weekend thereafter, which is the 21st June. Glastonbury I think pick the last full weekend in June, which is why in 2017 they clashed as the solstice was on the wednesday and the last day of June was a friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I didn't go this year but there are two things that would attract me back: better lineups or cheaper tickets. Right now it is kind of floating around the middle, the lineup is never anything that makes you say "oh let's buy a ticket for that!" and the price is too expensive to buy just on a whim because it's a fun weekend.

It's an undeniably good weekend and good festival IMO but not necessarily great value for money compared to other festivals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

If it keeps you whiny lot away from a great festival, I hope they change nothing ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I didn't go this year but there are two things that would attract me back: better lineups or cheaper tickets. Right now it is kind of floating around the middle, the lineup is never anything that makes you say "oh let's buy a ticket for that!" and the price is too expensive to buy just on a whim because it's a fun weekend.

It's an undeniably good weekend and good festival IMO but not necessarily great value for money compared to other festivals.
    MJohnston wrote: »
    If it keeps you whiny lot away from a great festival, I hope they change nothing ;)

You both make fair points. The quality of the lineup has gonr down. But its stilla great fun festival. Based purely on 2019 performance ( caveats - your mileage may vary, subjective opinion) its way less packed than ATN and EP

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Anyone got any idea of what price early birds will be? I don't remember seeing anything about them last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Yeah hopefully they don't improve the line up icon14.png

Yeah hopefully they don't improve the line up icon14.png

Trust me, take a peek at any other festival thread - the lineup will never be good enough for Boards posters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Trust me, take a peek at any other festival thread - the lineup will never be good enough for Boards posters.

That is not a good argument at all

I think he's trying to say it's impossible to keep everyone happy. Personally I'm never too familiar with the lineup for body and soul, but I like being forced to learn about new music too. It's one of the most exciting things about seeing a lineup for the first time and getting into some act you would have otherwise never heard of.

AdamD wrote: »
    That is not a good argument at all

I've **** all to do with the running of the festival, so it's not up to me to make good arguments! I'm just saying yis are a moany bunch and it's never going to be possible to suit everyone.

Let's see what they announce for this year before freaking out about their lineup or ticket prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I've **** all to do with the running of the festival, so it's not up to me to make good arguments! I'm just saying yis are a moany bunch and it's never going to be possible to suit everyone.

Let's see what they announce for this year before freaking out about their lineup or ticket prices!

Ah the quality of the line up has been in decline over the years. Would be very surprising to see any improvement this year, especially if people are still buying tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I thought Kruder & Dorfmeister was a class headliner and only for Modeselektor's technical hitches they still put on a pretty good set, the Blaze were reasonable too and some of the acts in the Midnight Circus and the Reckless in Love were brilliant too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The line up was poor last year and the attendance showed it. It was still a good festival but its head in the sand stuff to just call people moaners.

AdamD wrote: »
    The line up was poor last year and the attendance showed it. It was still a good festival but its head in the sand stuff to just call people moaners.

Founded or not, you're still moaning! So much negativity on this forum, it'd be nice for some positive outlook once in a while. Let them announce what they've got planned before you start predicting the end of the world.

Some of the people Id like to see at body and soul 2020
    Jean Michelle Jarre
    Gestaffelstein
    Squeeze
    Kavinski
    Tove Lo
    Susanne Sundfor
    Bad Bones
    Slow Place Like Home
    Sylvan Esso
    Gruff Rhys
    Gwenno
    Graham Dunnings Mechanical Techno
    Rusangano Family
    Vulpynes
    That Micro NV guy from last year
    Makings
    The Primitives
    Signal Aout 42

And since its good form to earnestly suggest an absolutely amazing but unrealistic booking or two to start a heated debate:

The Kinks
    New Order
    Smashing Pumpkins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

Anyone get the early bird presale code this morning at 9am for the 2020 body and soul?

I pre-registered and nothing in my inbox this morning!

reni10 wrote: »
    Anyone get the early bird presale code this morning at 9am for the 2020 body and soul?

I pre-registered and nothing in my inbox this morning!

INNERCIRCLE

Also, check your spam folder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

INNERCIRCLE

Also, check your spam folder.

Cheers was able to grab a couple of tickets.

Hope the lineup is good!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

So presale are €165 and that will jump to €195 once those sell out?
    I'm weighing it up at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭IspeakcozIcan

So got an early bird ticket along with the group I went with last year. Looking forward to 2020. I really enjoyed 2019, one of my favourite festivals in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Some of the people Id like to see at body and soul 2020
    Jean Michelle Jarre
    Gestaffelstein
    Squeeze
    Kavinski
    Tove Lo
    Susanne Sundfor
    Bad Bones
    Slow Place Like Home
    Sylvan Esso
    Gruff Rhys
    Gwenno
    Graham Dunnings Mechanical Techno
    Rusangano Family
    Vulpynes
    That Micro NV guy from last year
    Makings
    The Primitives
    Signal Aout 42

And since its good form to earnestly suggest an absolutely amazing but unrealistic booking or two to start a heated debate:

The Kinks
    New Order
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Does Kavinsky still exist?

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Does Kavinsky still exist?

Hes alive but I dont think he tours etc. Seems to play occasional gigs in France:

https://www.residentadvisor.net/dj/kavinsky/dates

• Registered Users Posts: 10,987 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

In case this is any use to anyone...

You're in Body & Soul's inner circle! Use secret 48hr link atools.io/SOULER to claim exclusive Tier 1 pre-sale plan. 5 x €39 vs. 3 x €65

In case this is any use to anyone...

You're in Body & Soul's inner circle! Use secret 48hr link atools.io/SOULER to claim exclusive Tier 1 pre-sale plan. 5 x €39 vs. 3 x €65

I also got that and its a little annoying. 65*3 is 195 so youre not saving a whole pile and its clearly in their business interests to offer installment plans to customers. Why describe it as a secret, time limited exclusive offer?

Hi folks, does anyone know when volunteering positions open for the 2020 festival? I've registered but when I go into eventree it says 'dashboard closed' am I just too early for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

endainoz wrote: »
    Hi folks, does anyone know when volunteering positions open for the 2020 festival? I've registered but when I go into eventree it says 'dashboard closed' am I just too early for it?

Around the time of the launch, sometime in mid to late February or even early March.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

I see body and soul are stepping away from E. P to focus on their own festival. This can only be good for body and soulers 2020 on on hopefully.

Advertisement