Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Now this is one to be excited about.

Never seen them live - great booking :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

pedrozeno wrote: »
    This is extremely underwhelming!

Is it possible that these are just a random 10 and they will announce the headliners afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Peesh89

Who called the blaze earlier?? I love you. Thank you for making our dreams come true.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Is it possible that these are just a random 10 and they will announce the headliners afterwards?

Eh... sadly no I would say. Holding out hope for 2 names as good as Modeselektor

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

whelzer wrote: »
    The Blaze

Huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Oof. The Blaze is a cracking booking. One of the best gigs at EP18.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

From their Twitter

BODYNSOUL wrote:
    We've got 10 acts that we'll be sharing on the CRISP sound system here at an exclusive live party in the @BigRomanceBar - we'll tweet a video for each but there's many more on the full first line-up which will be live at 8pm. #bodysoul19

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Peesh89

Santigold on the lnstagram video they just posted, wyvern lingo, Mano le tough, murder capital, the drifter, Baikal..

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pedrozeno

Peesh89 wrote: »
    Santigold on the lnstagram video they just posted, wyvern lingo, Mano le tough, murder capital, the drifter, Baikal..

Now you're talking!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Guess it wasnt in any order. Santigold, Murder Capital, Mano Le Tough all good bookings. First year in a while im half considering going now

This is extremely underwhelming!
    Ok, I'm now much happier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

More acts than I would usually recognise I suppose but if it wasn't for the Blaze there wouldn't be anyone there I would go out of my way to see. Won't be rushing out to buy a ticket anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Yeah, that makes sense. Start your announcements with random acts and announce the big acts when everyone is saying, "is that it, that's sh!t".

Anytime I've seen Santigold live she's been fantastic. Def my pick of the bunch so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

That's pretty poor overall

Kruder & Dorfmeister should be amazing, I've always wanted to see them.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

The fomo is diminished

At the moment, this is how I would rank the linup:

The Blaze
    Wyvern Lingo
    The Murder Capital
    Whenyoung
    Thumper
    Talos
    Dream Wife
    Laoise
    Modeselektor
    Santigold
    Soak
    Bakil
    The Drfoter
    Oshun
    Coely
    Tulla Ceili Band
    Niamh Regan
    The Clockworks
    Kruder & Dorfmeister
    Princess Nokia
    Kate Tempest
    Mano Le Tough
    Kiddie Smile
    Monolink
    Lil'Dave
    Meltybrains?

Basically, the bands I most want to see are the Irish bands who are not normally announced in the first lineup, most of whom I've seen before, and all of whom play several Irish gigs for c. €15-20 a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Underwhelming in my opinion. I was thinking they’d pull out all the stops for the ten year anniversary. I don’t really mind missing it now! Modeselector are good live but the lineup lacks any real star power. That said I went knowing only Jon Hopkins and one or two other names last year and it was still a belter of a weekend, though the weather helped I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Anytime I've seen Santigold live she's been fantastic. Def my pick of the bunch so far.

I'd have preferred a smaller venue gig from her but I guess I'm going to Body and Soul now.

53110757_10156858342543070_6360345432886870016_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_eui2=AeGv-xGemqxKfoMgTWVswUfkIkfp_r8kiBglOADaN8Hl0mpsGTTXVW4NtdCG9WcIKJucZVwV2VPp-J44oVoJwAyYoUQOQHEH3E2pMNuu6I8cBg&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=1db66521c1f6d766239a2f48fd739199&oe=5D198B02

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Guess it wasnt in any order. Santigold, Murder Capital, Mano Le Tough all good bookings. First year in a while im half considering going now

They've had santigold, and you don't need to go to a festival to see mano le tough.

Pretty meh overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

If you look at the line up over the years it's been on a steady decline. There was an excuse either last year or the year before that they cut the budget for acts to buy the main stage, and it'll mean more money for acts in the future, but I wouldn't be holding my breath.

Wonder what this years excuse is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Santigold and a few decent Irish acts , bar that seems a bit underwhelming. Thought they'd go a bit bigger with the 10 year anniversary. Guess there's more acts to come too

• Advertisement

Probably not the most mind blowing announcement but I'll take Modeselektor, The Blaze, Santigold, Kruder & Dorfmeister, Mano le Tough, Talos, The Murder Capital, Meltybrains and the Tulla Ceili Band from that lot, I know I'm gonna be there as I love working at it and there is still a few more names to join the lineup. :)

Advertisement