Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FTTC Providers that don’t enforce FUP

• 09-01-2019 9:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭

I know this was ask and discussed before but I can’t find the thread.

I’m currently with Eir FTTC and have truely unlimited usage, I use about 1.2TB per month.

I can get a much better deal with one of the resellers like Digiweb and Vodafone.

I thought I read that Digiweb didn’t have a FUP in usage but on the website apparently it’s 500GB !

Does anyone know what providers don’t enforce and FUP or allow more that 1TB per month ?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Cork981 wrote: »
    I know this was ask and discussed before but I can’t find the thread.

I’m currently with Eir FTTC and have truely unlimited usage, I use about 1.2TB per month.

I can get a much better deal with one of the resellers like Digiweb and Vodafone.

I thought I read that Digiweb didn’t have a FUP in usage but on the website apparently it’s 500GB !

Does anyone know what providers don’t enforce and FUP or allow more that 1TB per month ?

Eir and Airwire don't have a FUP. Sky don't have a FUP on their FTTC products either but have for their FTTH.

Digiweb and Vodafone have a strict FUP and your service can be suspended if you go over so I'd avoid going with either of those providers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Cork981

Gonzo wrote: »
    Eir and Airwire don't have a FUP. Sky don't have a FUP on their FTTC products either but have for their FTTH.

Digiweb and Vodafone have a strict FUP and your service can be suspended if you go over so I'd avoid going with either of those providers.

Thanks, didn’t think of sky.

I know Airwire have very good support but the package isn’t as competitive as sky.

What’s sky back haul like compared to Eir ?

What router do they have and is it possible to extract the PPPoE username and password ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Cork981 wrote: »
    What’s sky back haul like compared to Eir ?

What router do they have and is it possible to extract the PPPoE username and password ?

Historically poor. May be better now.

Might not be required anymore, talk of them using CSI instead now. The SR10x hubs they use are very meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Cork981

Thanks, I confirmed Sky are truly unlimited with no FUP.

€37.50 for 12 months for unlimited broadband and calls.

Eir wanted almost double this for the same package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

The only problem you'll face with Sky is contention.

Read around boards for Sky threads. ... it's a bit meh. So because they supplement their income with the TV service and their upstream is contended, that's the reason they can sell at that price.

/M

• Advertisement
Advertisement