Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation 2019

Options
  • 09-01-2019 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,972 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got any idea why it's on so late. I thought it was supposed to be a family show!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Once again, I have to think could they not give the leaders t-shirts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Icsics

That new set in the castle is too dark & the camera work is weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,173 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Quazzie wrote: »
    Anyone got any idea why it's on so late. I thought it was supposed to be a family show!

Swearing is allowed. Makes it more gritty. Or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,972 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

See it's bullshït. It's actually not advisable to be exercising this late at night. It disrupts your sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,605 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I'd hope the weekly programme will be at 8.30 like before.
    Maybe it's just the introductory programme.

Jeez but he's almost twice as heavy as the first leader.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

This is heartbreaking

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Quazzie wrote:

And also why just the one night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Swearing is allowed. Makes it more gritty. Or something.

No its not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

See it's bullshït. It's actually not advisable to be exercising this late at night. It disrupts your sleep.

Really? Have you got a source for exercise at night disrupting sleep?

And also why just the one night?
    That's what I thought too. I wasn't sure if I was remembering correctly regarding last year. Once a week doesn't really make as much sense. Bizarre decision making at a time when they've had more sponsors as they do now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

I can't watch it, it's like American t.v. everyone has to have a sob story, I'm fat because I had a workplace accident 15 years ago, no, you're fat because you eat too much

CWF wrote: »
    Really? Have you got a source for exercise at night disrupting sleep?

I thought it was common knowledge but it seems from WebMD that's it's mostly just a myth. Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

What sort of idiots assume some women are pregnant and ask them when they are due?

I wouldn't dream of asking someone if they were pregnant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭MaryBrosnan

Family are eating dinner in Supermacs.

Good much and all as I detest Ciara Kelly but that new doctor is annoying me something terrible already and she's only had a few words.

When was the last year that they didn't have a teacher on?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

All of these types of "get fit and lose weight" shows should be shown in February at the earliest.

January is bad enough for everyone FGS.

Good much and all as I detest Ciara Kelly but that new doctor is annoying me something terrible already and she's only had a few words.

But she has lovely hair.

I’m rooting for Cathal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

I can't watch it, it's like American t.v. everyone has to have a sob story, I'm fat because I had a workplace accident 15 years ago, no, you're fat because you eat too much

I know a lad that was on last year, still as large as ever. From what I see only a very small percentage actually stick with weight loss on that program.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

All of these types of "get fit and lose weight" shows should be shown in February at the earliest.

January is bad enough for everyone FGS.
    It isn't as get fit show, it's the reason I got fat show (insert a good sob story with floods of tears)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭prunudo

Unfortunately, like many other reality shows, it focuses too much on the back story, seems you need a good sob story to be considered to be a contestant. Its a bad example to be making it out that you are only at risk of being obese if you've had some issue in your life.
    Are they over weight, yes but a lot of their issues can't be solved in a 6 week fitness programme. It would be nice if they had a couple of contestants who are marginally over weight and struggle to keep the it off but are determined in their own right and not down to some life issue, but that wouldn't make good tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭Azatadine

All I know is that Kathryn Thomas is still shrieking and screaming as much as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

It doesn't seem to be as hyped up this year.

The sob story angle is done to death.
    I don't understand why it's only one night and so late, maybe just the first week?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭flazio

End of the day it still provides a free diet and exercise plan for people to try out so what's the harm in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

Wasn’t sure whether to post in TV or Health. Starting in tv.

Week 1 was very good. There seems to be really well chosen leaders this year. A lot of people who faced real hardships.

I don’t mean to sound cruel but there seems to be no person who has been lazy and let themselves go, without any real reason, like other years.

Week 2 on now at 9.30 RTÉ 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Havent watched this in a few years but did it not used to have two or even three episodes a week? I seem to remember it dominating other media too such as radio & online news sites but this year not a peep?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,605 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Is it terrible that I'm watching this and craving a rock shandy?
    And I never drink fizzy drinks!

Paul from Sligo 1 stone lost in a week.. I don’t remember a bigger weight loss on the show in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭Azatadine

That fecking shrieking!!!

• Advertisement

The big man from Donegal, 27 st, has lost 16ibs. He really needs to lose weight and get healthy.

Lady from Waterford who is having trouble giving up the fags is all over the place, badly organised and motivated, surprisingly.

Advertisement