Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Im delighted that someone is leaving for such a lovely reason. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,973 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Inspirational. She has such a lovely attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

What lovely news, I do hope it works out and she gets her much longed for baby, she seems so fragile, lovely lovely person.

She's very like her mam who was doing the metabolic age challenge at a pharmacy earlier in the programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Ahh that's left me with the good feelings. I really hope she and her little baby get through to the end.

Yeez, don't have to do homework, yeez are grand.

Hope Siobhan isn't teaching English!

• Advertisement

Eddie taking off the glasses to stress his point!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Marengo wrote: »

I thought he was going to hand them to her to get a good look at herself or something

KT looked haggard in those shots with Siobhan.. Bad make up, too thin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

KT looked haggard in those shots with Siobhan.. Bad make up, too thin?

Her make up is very harsh, very out of step for the type of occasion I think.

Don’t know why, she’s very attractive, she doesn’t need such harsh what I would call night club type make up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Like a teacher can just tell the kids to go home like that.

Eddie annoys the hell out of me. He is a total spoofer.

• Advertisement

KT's dress looks a bit dressing gown like/Geisha Girl too.

That just looked ridiculous :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Paul looks VERY trim.

It's harsh to say but I'd find Paul an energy drainer if he was in my life. He's the exact opposite of say Jean and Cathal. And Siobhan and the Youghal girl is cheerful too at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Paul is the only one I’m seeing a noticeable difference in weight wise

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭caviardreams

It's harsh to say but I'd find Paul an energy drainer if he was in my life. He's the exact opposite of say Jean and Cathal. And Siobhan and the Youghal girl is cheerful too at least.

I actually agree with that - his body language and manner is very grumpy / brusque or something. It's like he doesn't want to be there.

Paul is the only one I’m seeing a noticeable difference in weight wise

Cathal big time for me.

Siobhan is the best and getting walloped!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Anthonylfc

The garda lad from last year is like

Father dougal

Anthonylfc wrote: »
    The garda lad from last year is like

Father dougal

Most of the Gardai are :D

• Advertisement

Imagine doing an interview with Ray Darcy about becoming pregnant!! Of all interviewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Turned on +1 to watch Cathals weigh in. Such a nice man..Hope he keeps going after the show finishes.
    Last week I felt these guys were going nowhere. But tonight was good..

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭ax530

Noticed a change in all of them tonight.
    They are all so much better on feet really shows how moving more helps.
    Guess they into the routine now as all felt confident they would hit target next week.
    First year watching OT really enjoying it and find it helping me too.
    Well done all really hope all goes well for Jean and her baby

I actually agree with that - his body language and manner is very grumpy / brusque or something. It's like he doesn't want to be there.

He's a bore....an utter bore.

Cathal big time for me.

Loved seeing the other emergency services people out supporting him. What a great job people like Cathal do. Quite humbling listening to him talking about what they deal with.

He is flying at this stage in terms of progress.

Imagine doing an interview with Ray Darcy about becoming pregnant!! Of all interviewers.

Ray couldn't conduct an interview to save his life.

Unfortunately he is the one laughing all the way to the bank with his massive salary for total incompetence.

#notafan

And he looks about 100 years old, for all his protestations about being healthy and fit.

I think he had to shoulder a lot of responsibility at a very young age. He was only twelve years old when his dad died, who was thirty nine.

I think it's easy for all of us to sit back and judge but I applaud all of them for taking this on. It's about so much more than stepping up on the scales on television, which would be daunting enough, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Yea he’d put you on edge (the world is going to end kind of way) and generally depress you. I can’t warm to him at all, never could. Some people just have that aura where you want to get away from them. He has that for me, I wouldn’t be surprised if he struggles to keep staff in that shop of his, hence his problems with time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,605 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

SirChenjin wrote: »
    I think he had to shoulder a lot of responsibility at a very young age. He was only twelve years old when his dad died, who was thirty nine.

I think it's easy for all of us to sit back and judge but I applaud all of them for taking this on. It's about so much more than stepping up on the scales on television, which would be daunting enough, IMO.

To be honest, he's long overdue bereavement counselling.
    When he was a child, support wasn't as good as nowadays for children who lose a parent.
    Being told you have to step into your father's shoes is wrong.
    He still had his childhood and teens to experience.
    You never get a second chance to be a child.

Even listening to his brothers last week, it's clear the responsibility handed to him/taken on by him, was huge.

I feel sorry for him, poor man.
    I can only imagine how overwhelmed he is with his life.

• Advertisement

To be honest, he's long overdue bereavement counselling.
    When he was a child, support wasn't as good as nowadays for children who lose a parent.
    Being told you have to step into your father's shoes is wrong.
    He still had his childhood and teens to experience.
    You never get a second chance to be a child.

Even listening to his brothers last week, it's clear the responsibility handed to him/taken on by him, was huge.

I feel sorry for him, poor man.
    I can only imagine how overwhelmed he is with his life.

Completely agree. He talked about the dad telling him he was now 'the man of the house'.

That was back in the eighties. There wasn't much support, if any, for people dealing with such things.

Let's try to imagine a twelve year old trying to assume responsibility for younger siblings and a grieving mother who I'm sure did the best she could to keep everything afloat following her husband's very untimely death.

Not easy, not easy at all.

Advertisement