Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

That's a great reason for leaving, in fairness.
    Hope it goes well for her.

Anyone notice her face going blotchy red as KT was interviewing her?

KT playing the soccer game, she have 2 left feet, she’d probably have a better chance of scoring if she turned her back to the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Anyone notice her face going blotchy red as KT was interviewing her?

I did, was wondering why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭hawley

Really annoyed at Jean taking the place of someone who actually wanted to be on the show. She should have held off trying to get pregnant for a few months until the programme was finished. She's probably delighted with all the attention she's getting now. She's trying to make herself into a celebrity out of all this. If I had missed out on being a leader, I'd be absolutely fuming at her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

hawley wrote: »
    Really annoyed at Jean taking the place of someone who actually wanted to be on the show. She should have held off trying to get pregnant for a few months until the programme was finished. She's probably delighted with all the attention she's getting now. She's trying to make herself into a celebrity out of all this. If I had missed out on being a leader, I'd be absolutely fuming at her.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Was Jean leaving the show because of the pressure of cameras/tv or was it the exercise piece whilst pregnant?

I walked in halfway through it and heard her talking about not pushing herself for exercise - there is no way that was the reason though?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Naos wrote: »
    Was Jean leaving the show because of the pressure of cameras/tv or was it the exercise piece whilst pregnant?

I walked in halfway through it and heard her talking about not pushing herself for exercise - there is no way that was the reason though?

Well you hardly expecting her to continue losing weight when she's pregnant do you?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I assume it's a combination of things. Given her history with pregnancies she'd be looking to remove as much stress as she can, minimise physical strain and there's very little point in weighing a pregnant woman on a weekly basis for weight loss.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Well you hardly expecting her to continue losing weight when she's pregnant do you?

So much for fitting onto the wedding dress, ah well I suppose they’ll rear the family first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Not sure if everybody posting is aware of her back story? Some of the posts seem very harsh to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Delighted for Jean and her partner, best of luck to them. Such a positive outlook after her tragedy.

As for Pam and her house, how could you go on national television and not have it clean and presentable. The camera focusing on her dish scrubber showing how manky it was and everything, disgusting!!

Would losing some bodyfat not be beneficial?
    I think it is which is why she's still going to follow a food plan during the pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

w/s/p/c/ wrote: »
    Delighted for Jean and her partner, best of luck to them. Such a positive outlook after her tragedy.

As for Pam and her house, how could you go on national television and not have it clean and presentable. The camera focusing on her dish scrubber showing how manky it was and everything, disgusting!!

That was totally disgusting and unnecessary to show. It was floating in a sink of dirty water.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭MintyMagnum

Marengo wrote: »
    Eddie taking off the glasses to stress his point!!

Very CSI Miami Horatio

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Augeo wrote: »
    Would losing some bodyfat not be beneficial?
    I think it is which is why she's still going to follow a food plan during the pregnancy.

It might be and she's obviously planning on continuing with the healthy eating choices but there's zero point having her continue as a leader on the show when they can't be constructively critical of what she's doing. It would just be a 5 minute segment of her having a tea and a chat with them. Which might be nice to see but not the point of the show.

It might be and she's obviously planning on continuing with the healthy eating choices but there's zero point having her continue as a leader on the show when they can't be constructively critical of what she's doing. It would just be a 5 minute segment of her having a tea and a chat with them. Which might be nice to see but not the point of the show.

My reply was directly in response to

I actually quoted that at the time.

No, but she is 7 weeks pregnant. There is still fat to lose there. Again - if it's the pressure I fully understand however if it's just the exercise piece then my understanding is that working out & eating well would be beneficial for the pregnancy.

Open to correction however.
    I assume it's a combination of things. Given her history with pregnancies she'd be looking to remove as much stress as she can, minimise physical strain and there's very little point in weighing a pregnant woman on a weekly basis for weight loss.

Agreed regarding the tv stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

How come the fancy new scales didn't show up she was pregnant?????

• Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

No, but she is 7 weeks pregnant. There is still fat to lose there. Again - if it's the pressure I fully understand however if it's just the exercise piece then my understanding is that working out & eating well would be beneficial for the pregnancy.

Open to correction however.

Agreed regarding the tv stress.

I think given her history of miscarriages, she won't be taking any risks at all with this pregnancy. Any unnecessary stress could be harmful to the baby, so I'd imagine is to wrap herself in cotton wool, and hope that the pregnancy is successful. I know her aim was to fit into her wedding dress, but I think once the pregnancy came that was pushed right to the back of her priorities along with OT, and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,892 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Pussyhands wrote: »

RTE have a strict "don't pee on the scales" policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I’d say it was a mutual decision by both rte and Jean to end her story with them. I’m sure they don’t want any guilt or responsibility on their shoulders should anything go wrong this time. People are speaking as though this is just any other normal, run of the mill pregnancy and she should continue to keep fit. But it isn’t and I’m sure she’ll still be minding herself but not with the added stresses of a national weigh in every week and cameras inside her home and all the pressures that go along with that.

I think given her history of miscarriages, she won't be taking any risks at all with this pregnancy. Any unnecessary stress could be harmful to the baby, so I'd imagine is to wrap herself in cotton wool, and hope that the pregnancy is successful. I know her aim was to fit into her wedding dress, but I think once the pregnancy came that was pushed right to the back of her priorities along with OT, and rightly so.

Ah okay - fair enough so.

Pussyhands wrote: »
    If it can measure water loss and muscle gained it should've been able to do that as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Would yer wan not tidy up the house a bit before letting cameras in? And get rid of those fecking dogs.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Would yer wan not tidy up the house a bit before letting cameras in? And get rid of those fecking dogs.

She looks like a pig and lives like a pig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

Gwynplaine wrote: »

That pile of clothes on the kitchen table has been there from the beginning, but the ratty little dogs eating out of the bin bag was totally gross

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Why isn’t Eddie tackling that side of things? She clearly has a problem with hygiene and being untidy, she’s living in absolute filth and has kids running around and dishes swimming in their own shlte. That’s not normal. Jesus it’s plain as day to the viewers at home that there’s issues there when you see the same shlt scattered across the floor week in week out, it’s like the cameras go out of their way to show the mess. But yet it’s never addressed at the weigh in? Why not? Having a house like that is not a symptom of a healthy mind. Would Eddie ever pull the finger out and do his job before I break down her door and get the Mr Sheen out myself because I’m sick of looking at it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

Why isn’t Eddie tackling that side of things? She clearly has a problem with hygiene and being untidy, she’s living in absolute filth and has kids running around and dishes swimming in their own shlte. That’s not normal. Jesus it’s plain as day to the viewers at home that there’s issues there when you see the same shlt scattered across the floor week in week out, it’s like the cameras go out of their way to show the mess. But yet it’s never addressed at the weigh in? Why not? Having a house like that is not a symptom of a healthy mind. Would Eddie ever pull the finger out and do his job before I break down her door and get the Mr Sheen out myself because I’m sick of looking at it
    Eddie goes for the easier targets, the husband stays very quiet too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭hawley

I’d say it was a mutual decision by both rte and Jean to end her story with them. I’m sure they don’t want any guilt or responsibility on their shoulders should anything go wrong this time. People are speaking as though this is just any other normal, run of the mill pregnancy and she should continue to keep fit. But it isn’t and I’m sure she’ll still be minding herself but not with the added stresses of a national weigh in every week and cameras inside her home and all the pressures that go along with that.

She shouldn't have gone on the show if she was in the process of trying to get pregnant. Best of luck to her with the pregnancy, but I think that she has disrespected the makers of the series. Even if she had held off trying to get pregnant for the month of January, it wouldn't have impacted on the programme. I know that a lot of people disagree with my opinion on it, but it seems like she wants to become a celebrity out of this. She shouldn't have entered OT if she was unwilling to delay trying to become pregnant, even for a few months. She has also let down people whose leader she was. People who are going to go back to being stuck in a rut and a cycle of being overweight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

hawley wrote: »
    She has also let down people whose leader she was. People who are going to go back to being stuck in a rut and a cycle of being overweight.

I think thats a fair point, she would have had a several thousand people following her plan as a leader and they're probably feeling a bit let down by it all. However if they go back to being stuck in a rut then thats on them, not her.

I don't think its fair to criticise her for getting pregnant especially given her history with miscarrages. Not all couples can just fall pregnant whenever they want so when it does happen it should take priority over everything else.

Advertisement