Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Why isn’t Eddie tackling that side of things? She clearly has a problem with hygiene and being untidy, she’s living in absolute filth and has kids running around and dishes swimming in their own shlte. That’s not normal. Jesus it’s plain as day to the viewers at home that there’s issues there when you see the same shlt scattered across the floor week in week out, it’s like the cameras go out of their way to show the mess. But yet it’s never addressed at the weigh in? Why not? Having a house like that is not a symptom of a healthy mind. Would Eddie ever pull the finger out and do his job before I break down her door and get the Mr Sheen out myself because I’m sick of looking at it

I don’t think it’d be appropriate to publicly tackle that issue and probably humiliate the poor girl publicly. I don’t think it’s really the remit of the show though I can totally see the link between that and unhealthy lifestyle. Dr Eddie did allude to chaos in her life but didn’t go much further than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

road_high wrote: »
    I don’t think it’d be appropriate to publicly tackle that issue and probably humiliate the poor girl publicly. I don’t think it’s really the remit of the show though I can totally see the link between that and unhealthy lifestyle. Dr Eddie did allude to chaos in her life but didn’t go much further than that.

Well said and I completely agree.

It's important IMO, to remember that these people are ordinary individuals, same as the rest of us, with ups and downs in their lives, and feelings too.

And they may not be perfect as I am guessing none of us are but they have taken on a challenge, and are doing their best.

The programme is not, and should not be about humiliating anyone.

I, personally, couldn't do what they are doing.
    So fair dues to them.

It's very easy to sit back and criticise them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭hawley

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I think thats a fair point, she would have had a several thousand people following her plan as a leader and they're probably feeling a bit let down by it all. However if they go back to being stuck in a rut then thats on them, not her.

I don't think its fair to criticise her for getting pregnant especially given her history with miscarrages. Not all couples can just fall pregnant whenever they want so when it does happen it should take priority over everything else.

She shouldn't have gone on the show if she was unwilling to stop trying to get pregnant even for a month. Her main priority is having a child, not being a leader on OT. I'm sure that she made a commitment to the show's producers that she wouldn't get pregnant during the show. OT is important to a lot of people and I feel that she's let those followers down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

hawley wrote: »
    She shouldn't have gone on the show if she was unwilling to stop trying to get pregnant even for a month. Her main priority is having a child, not being a leader on OT. I'm sure that she made a commitment to the show's producers that she wouldn't get pregnant during the show. OT is important to a lot of people and I feel that she's let those followers down.

You know I can see where you’re coming from to an extent. If the circumstances were that of just your average Jane Doe

However, This woman gave birth to and watched her newborn baby girl die this time last year. I don’t think anyone can comprehend the enormity of that unless they’ve actually been through it so I sincerely doubt any of her followers would hold a pregnancy against her.

To suggest she’s using her experience to gain attention and “fame” is, at best, mean spirited.

You know I can see where you’re coming from to an extent. If the circumstances were that of just your average Jane Doe

However, This woman gave birth to and watched her newborn baby girl die this time last year. I don’t think anyone can comprehend the enormity of that unless they’ve actually been through it so I sincerely doubt any of her followers would hold a pregnancy against her.

To suggest she’s using her experience to gain attention and “fame” is, at best, mean spirited.

I can see your point too; but the main point is that if she hadn't tried to get pregnant for one single cycle, than none of this would have arisen. It comes across as really selfish thing to do. My teenage daughter is following her, that's why I'm so annoyed about it. She has let down so many people, yet all we saw on the show was her jumping up and down celebrating the pregnancy with the other leaders and then calling Kathryn her best friend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

I can see your point too; but the main point is that if she hadn't tried to get pregnant for one single cycle, than none of this would have arisen. It comes across as really selfish thing to do. My teenage daughter is following her, that's why I'm so annoyed about it. She has let down so many people, yet all we saw on the show was her jumping up and down celebrating the pregnancy with the other leaders and then calling Kathryn her best friend.

Jean is a lovely person,delighted for her.

I don't get all this 'oh i was following her i'm so let down'.

Come on, it's not rocket science how to transform to healthy living. Eat fruit and veg, cut out fatty foods and sugars, exercise.

She hasn't killed anyone. Is it such a crime to get pregnant? I'm sure Jean's plan isn't radically different than Pam from Youghal.

Marengo wrote: »

Come on, it's not rocket science how to transform to healthy living. Eat fruit and veg, cut out fatty foods and sugars, exercise.

She hasn't killed anyone. Is it such a crime to get pregnant? I'm sure Jean's plan isn't radically different than Pam from Youghal.

The most disturbing part of all this is that she became pregnant around the start of the programme. More than likely she was pregnant before the series even began. Talking to people and they do feel let down by her. People who were in a similar situation to her feel betrayed by her, because they have invested so much of themselves into her story. That's why this series means a lot to people following the leaders. You become part of their lives, as you try to change your lives and lose weight together. I don't think that Jean got that, she was only interested in promoting herself and she forgot about her leadership role. It seems like she wants to become a celebrity, but I don't think she realizes how much this is going to blow up in her face.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

God I think if anyone feels betrayed or let down over this I think you need to get a life. I’m sure the majority of people are happy for her. I don’t really care about the ins and outs of how and when she conceived, good grief! Some things in life are more important than following a diet plan. If the first thought you had when you heard her news was disappointment for yourself then you need a good kicking up the arse

Edited to add: also you’ve been the guts of a week on here mouthing about someone who has had the most difficult pregnancies and births, and calling them selfish and a disappointment for having some positive news in their life. Seriously, have a word with yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I cannot believe the people commenting to say they've been let down by her! The woman appears to have had a tough few years, and now she has a chance again to be a mum and people are cribbing about her timing. A lot of people don't time conception to a tee, a lot of the time (and I'm probably being a bit presumptuous but whatever) people don't get pregnant at the perfect time in their lives. A lot of the time it just happens. People should be wishing her a happy and healthy pregnancy, crossing their fingers that all goes well for her and chose another OT leader to follow. I'll miss her on the show, she has such an infectious smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Marengo wrote: »

The diet plan seems to be exactly the same for all the group. The main meals, snacks etc. I'm following Pam myself as she's the one closest to my age (although she's a good bit younger than me). Also, Jeans plan is staying on the OT website, so her plan can still be followed.

Hope the pregnancy goes well, she seems nice and has been through a lot.

• Advertisement

....................... People who are going to go back to being stuck in a rut and a cycle of being overweight.

Ah stop, anyone who does that had foook all intention of changing anyway, excuse merchants.

If your teenage daughter is following a leader on OT maybe have a look at yourself before p1ssing and moaning about someone on the TV letting down so many people.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭MintyMagnum

I can see your point too; but the main point is that if she hadn't tried to get pregnant for one single cycle, than none of this would have arisen. It comes across as really selfish thing to do. My teenage daughter is following her, that's why I'm so annoyed about it. She has let down so many people, yet all we saw on the show was her jumping up and down celebrating the pregnancy with the other leaders'

Maybe if you stopped to think yourself lucky to even HAVE a teenage daughter

I can't imagine what it's like to have a longed for child die shortly after being born

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

I can't imagine what it's like to have a longed for child die shortly after being born

Unimaginable. I had tears in my eyes when Jean revealed last week that she is pregnant and I am not one to get emotional easily.

I wish her the healthiest of pregnancies and may she and her husband get the little baby that they obviously long to have.

The most disturbing part of all this is that she became pregnant around the start of the programme. More than likely she was pregnant before the series even began. Talking to people and they do feel let down by her. People who were in a similar situation to her feel betrayed by her, because they have invested so much of themselves into her story. That's why this series means a lot to people following the leaders. You become part of their lives, as you try to change your lives and lose weight together. I don't think that Jean got that, she was only interested in promoting herself and she forgot about her leadership role. It seems like she wants to become a celebrity, but I don't think she realizes how much this is going to blow up in her face.

Now that's just taking things too seriously and if one's effected to such an extent they may need some counselling for other issues.

Ireland v Georgia in the Aviva. That's some incentive hand me crisps and coke:(

Sumi is some Pro compared to the likes of Eddie.

No over emotional BS either. Pleasant, direct, straight up.

Jaysus Eddie.

You know how to put someone in bad form. Your worst paramedic call out..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I'm surprised that Siobhán's target for next week is only a lb, seems very little, especially when she's been able to lose 2 and 3lbs weekly before this.
    That's <half a kg.

Huge difference looking at Cathal now in comparison to the first week, fair play.

• Advertisement

I'm surprised that Siobhán's target for next week is only a lb, seems very little, especially when she's been able to lose 2 and 3lbs weekly before this.
    That's <half a kg.

Maybe waiting on back scan and less activity. Or maybe weight loss tapers off. To lose a stone in 14 weeks would still be great. 4st a year..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭caviardreams

That's <half a kg.

They really just seem to pick the number at random!!
    Unless they are going extra easy on them all as it is the last week and so that everyone exceeds their target?

1lb/week is 3500kcals under her maintenance cals.....doable & sustainable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I would much rather we got more of the info from the fitness tests in a bit more detail.

Totally agree 1lb in a week is still fantastic weight loss, was just more referring to the chopping and changing of the number every week at random. It seems like they are just picking it out of a hat sometime!

I'd say they've no idea what any of the leaders maintenance cals actually are. This chap losing nearly a pound a day when his target was half that.
    No semblance of control imo :)

I just reckon if she's lost 2lbs last week why not say 2 lbs again for next week?
    Surely if she has the same fitness routine and dietary habits, it's easier to keep to it rather than change it slightly.

Ah sure, what do I know anyway?

Experience over the last 12 years of the show demonstrate very big men, 20 stone plus often lose over 6ibs a week.

Women often lose a third to half what men do.

Ah yeah...... itd be good to see the trainers plan it and be seen to expect / aim for it rather then hogwash it though.
    It's random number stuff with the targets as mentioned.

I just reckon if she's lost 2lbs last week why not say 2 lbs again for next week?
    Surely if she has the same fitness routine and dietary habits, it's easier to keep to it rather than change it slightly.

Ah sure, what do I know anyway?

Early on a lot of fluid is lost in weight, later on the core fat around the tummy esp is tougher to shift. Hence you won't keep up as high a rate of loss, though doing same amount of exercise.

• Advertisement

I hate saying this but Pam looks 46 not 36. Granted it's easy talk, she's rearing a family.

Advertisement