Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

I think they're sending a message with 1ib loss.

Lose weight steadily over the long term. 3ib a week which is sustainable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭caviardreams

You never get a sense that the leaders have any idea of the calories in what they are eating or what kind of deficit they need to try and reach etc. It just seems to be following the plan

I really don't think any of them know that it takes a deficit of approx 3500 cals to lose a lb for example - I think it would help them know the numbers behind the plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Marengo wrote: »
    Jaysus Eddie.

You know how to put someone in bad form. Your worst paramedic call out..

Surely not something to draw up with someone without proper follow up and support. :(

Paramedics do such fantastic work. Can't even imagine some of the things they must deal with.

James Reilly, Leo Varadkar..all talk in Health portfolio.

Sumi is some Pro compared to the likes of Eddie.

No over emotional BS either. Pleasant, direct, straight up.

Agreed.
    Really like her. The other three...I could take or leave tbh.

• Advertisement

SirChenjin wrote: »
    Surely not something to draw up with someone without proper follow up and support. :(

Paramedics do such fantastic work. Can't even imagine some of the things they must deal with.

Very true.

Eddie comes across as the typical amateur psychologist.

Huge difference looking at Cathal now in comparison to the first week, fair play.

Lovely to hear him saying he is proud of himself.
    So different to how he spoke about himself when he started out.
    He is playing a blinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Having watched the ads, I quite fancy a Nutella sandwich.
    Just sayin'.

He's thinking what will mammy say about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I’m sure his mammy is loving the sex talk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

Regarding Pam and the mess, I think that woman is and has been struggling with life for a very long time and is the most reluctant of all of them to bring forward her issues. She's probably a person who simply cannot deal with life and gets by by joking and pretending to not care and imo she deliberately keeps mess and chaos around her as a distraction. She doesn't want to clear a space in her house or more so in her head whereby she is exposed and all that clutter etc is her crutch. I actually pity her because weight is the least of her problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Guys loses 2.5lbs and get a hard time for not hitting 3lbs :rolleyes: It could be a small glass of water for god sake.

Utter cringe.....also the guidance is to work out more, no mention of diet .....the night out could easily account for 1/2 pound not lost....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Why does Karl wear makeup and rouge?

Guys loses 2.5lbs and get a hard time for not hitting 3lbs :rolleyes: It could be a small glass of water for god sake.

Yup....might be overdue a dump etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 24,595 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Must see put on the Fitbit to see how many goes it takes to burn 100 calories...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

I really wish they had him lifting weights, he'd have made some changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Must see put on the Fitbit to see how many goes it takes to burn 100 calories...

Please remember to update us all.

I have said it before and I will say it again. I couldn't do what they are doing in a million years.
    It's about so much more than stepping on a scales on tv - which wouldn't be easy.

It's the courage to deal with the cameras in their homes, to talk about deeply personal stuff...the good and the bad.

I applaud each and every one of them.

Loved seeing Jean there tonight at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,595 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Please remember to update us all.

Oh I will.

I'm hoping for a triumphant "It was 3.7...THREE. POINT. SEVEN".

I should probably go and get a Fitbit as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I cannot believe the people commenting to say they've been let down by her! The woman appears to have had a tough few years, and now she has a chance again to be a mum and people are cribbing about her timing. A lot of people don't time conception to a tee, a lot of the time (and I'm probably being a bit presumptuous but whatever) people don't get pregnant at the perfect time in their lives. A lot of the time it just happens. People should be wishing her a happy and healthy pregnancy, crossing their fingers that all goes well for her and chose another OT leader to follow. I'll miss her on the show, she has such an infectious smile.

What amazes me is that people take operation transformation seriously. It’s all about ratings.

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    What amazes me is that people take operation transformation seriously. It’s all about ratings.

Well they take it seriously because for some reason a large percentage of the population don't realise excess fat, sugar and little exercise leads to poor health. They need constant reminders.

How were they so sure your man had sex, he was smiling mad when they said it, a dead giveaway.

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    How were they so sure your man had sex, he was smiling mad when they said it, a dead giveaway.

It's a wonder he finds time for it.. runs off to the shop in the middle of it :D

Well they take it seriously because for some reason a large percentage of the population don't realise excess fat, sugar and little exercise leads to poor health. They need constant reminders.

Yet every year all the people out walking while op is on will slouch in the couch when it’s over. There’s only one person to help you lose weight and that’s yourself.

Spot on.

It's a wonder he finds time for it.. runs off to the shop in the middle of it :D

Probably a quickie.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Did they set a 25 stone man a target of 1lb this week?

NIMAN wrote: »
    Why does Karl wear makeup and rouge?

I have one nerve left and that bucko is standing on it. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

That teacher wan is some joker, I hope she doesn’t teach English calling a pool a pew-ell, sweet Jesus.

Advertisement