Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    That teacher wan is some joker, I hope she doesn’t teach English calling a pool a pew-ell, sweet Jesus.

And using yez instead of you ie yez are all great.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

NIMAN wrote: »
    Why does Karl wear makeup and rouge?

And lipstick! He’s practically glowing some nights

How were they so sure your man had sex, he was smiling mad when they said it, a dead giveaway.

We really don’t need to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

road_high wrote: »
    We really don’t need to know!

I didn’t know that Karl was like someone out of the rocky horror show until you mentioned it.

Naos wrote: »
    I really wish they had him lifting weights, he'd have made some changes.

They did other years ie little water bottles.
    We haven’t seen much of the exercise but seems to be a lot of body weight stuff and jogging. A kettkebell or dumb bell could do wonders but I guess Karl’s the expert!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Yet every year all the people out walking while op is on will slouch in the couch when it’s over. There’s only one person to help you lose weight and that’s yourself.
    This. Everyone gets out when OT is on, they go to the nationwide walks and all of that. But as soon as the program is over they all stop. I seen it at parkrun a couple of years ago, great turnout each week while OT was on - I remember chatting a few people and they were on for keeping it up - but by mid Feb they were all gone.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    This. Everyone gets out when OT is on, they go to the nationwide walks and all of that. But as soon as the program is over they all stop. I seen it at parkrun a couple of years ago, great turnout each week while OT was on - I remember chatting a few people and they were on for keeping it up - but by mid Feb they were all gone.

It's a perennial problem though with exercise- go to any gym and you'll notice the very same pattern! Not sure how to tackle it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

It's a perennial problem though with exercise- go to any gym and you'll notice the very same pattern! Not sure how to tackle it tbh
    That's right!
    The only way I can see to tackle it is to keep the focus on all year round. The focus on resolutions, exercise etc. One of the reasons people drop off going to the gym etc is when the novelty wears off, there's less pressure on them, less focus, less accountability and more excuses.

With OT - most of them drop off when the cameras are packed away. Sure they are given a plan and support but there's no one really there to make them accountable. Now I know they are adults and should want to do this for themselves but if they get so far as to appear on the tv show, they obviously need handholding and help. If RTE did a monthly half hour show, a check in with the leaders each month, they would keep it up cos they have to account for themselves on public each month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

And lipstick! He’s practically glowing some nights

Definitely glowing last night. That set is quite dark, he needs to stand out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

Pams kitchen! At least the clothes were moved off the table but they ended up on an airer beside the cooker! And she stood at the sink in her jacket slopping around in the sink, crying over a dog. No wonder she missed her target

• Advertisement

Icsics wrote: »
    Pams kitchen! At least the clothes were moved off the table but they ended up on an airer beside the cooker! And she stood at the sink in her jacket slopping around in the sink, crying over a dog. No wonder she missed her target

I really like Pam, she’s comes across as a very kind and down to earth girl. Think she’s had a lot of struggles money wise that the others don’t seem to have. Would be great to see her push herself in other ways too- not easy with a young family of course.
    I like Cathal from donegal, the rest I could take or leave really.

I really like Pam, she’s comes across as a very kind and down to earth girl. Think she’s had a lot of struggles money wise that the others don’t seem to have. Would be great to see her push herself in other ways too- not easy with a young family of course.
    I like Cathal from donegal, the rest I could or leave really.

I agree and her children are adorable. It strikes me as a very happy house.

I think Cathal is amazing, the clip of him talking to the students at the college in Letterkenny... What a lovely sincere person he is.

I'm glad to see Paul making good progress too. I think he had a hard life with his dad dying so young and him taking over as 'the man of the house' at such a young age.

Fair play to the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Hard on anyone losing a parent so young by here’s an idea, if your 4 business are stressing you out so much and you have no time for your own family, then sell some of them.

Hard on anyone losing a parent so young by here’s an idea, if your 4 business are stressing you out so much and you have no time for your own family, then sell some of them.

Yes but then you’d be losing out financially. No 1 reason people do this kind of stuff is for the money

What struck me was the spoofing by Fine Gael about adding calorie information to meals, would be a great piece of legislation, the food industry need to be tackled. You can blame people all you want and yes they have certain responsibilities towards their body but the food industry deliberately confuses people with labeling and using substitute words.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The experts were on Ray D'Arcy during the week and they pointed out that this is the 3rd minister of health they've made this request to, it fell on deaf ears from Dr. James Reilly, Leo Varadkar and now Simon Harris.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

flazio wrote: »
    The experts were on Ray D'Arcy during the week and they pointed out that this is the 3rd minister of health they've made this request to, it fell on deaf ears from Dr. James Reilly, Leo Varadkar and now Simon Harris.

Simon Harris still has a chance, he was only asked last week, your as good as Operation transformation for the drama.

Simon Harris still has a chance, he was only asked last week, your as good as Operation transformation for the drama.

In fairness if it was agreed by Leo but they are trying to figure out the best way although they have a proven model in America. It’s very simple just tell the approx calorie content, it might make people think twice if they’re overflowing Carvery is 2000 calories

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

It’s very simple just tell the approx calorie content, it might make people think twice if they’re overflowing Carvery is 2000 calories

A few radio discussions today and some people of the 'if I want a chocolate cake I'm going to have it'. And that's fine, however if I'm out and can't decide between 2 cakes, sandwiches or dinner etc and the calories are displayed I may go for the lower one. Can only be a good thing imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

Just listening to people say how OT got them off their couches. I hope they have the cop to realise exercise is not just for 8 weeks a year.

• Advertisement

Shopkeeper decent time....32 mins ....fair play.
    Teacher 35 mins & she injured, unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Well done to them all. Some change to them and looking forward to seeing how much they changed in just 8 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Ah she looks fab!

Bit of a cringefest now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Love her dress!

Great weight loss for a female in 8 weeks

Augeo wrote: »
    Bit of a cringefest now.

Catwalk thing always is.

I just love Cathal. Looking forward to seeing him, the difference in the way he spoke about himself at the start to now is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

KT is extra screechy & annoying tonight

• Advertisement

Oh dear his outfit looks a bit ridiculous

Advertisement