Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lodge a cheque drawn on Citi Bank

Options
  • 10-01-2019 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi,

Lodged some Citi bank cheques through an ATM and the Bank has returned them to me saying cheques drawn on Citibank cannot be processed as they are not members of IPCC- Banking and payments federation.

I am sure I lodged similar cheques a few months ago.

Has there been some change?

How do I get these cashed or lodged?

b

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

lartsa wrote: »
    Hi,

Lodged some Citi bank cheques through an ATM and the Bank has returned them to me saying cheques drawn on Citibank cannot be processed as they are not members of IPCC- Banking and payments federation.

I am sure I lodged similar cheques a few months ago.

Has there been some change?

How do I get these cashed or lodged?

b

Hi lartsa,

Thanks for getting in touch.

In early 2018 Citibank notified their customers that they were not remaining part of ROI's Banking and Payment Federation that facilitates the processing of paper clearing (cheques/drafts) We no longer accept Citibank paper requests since November 23rd 2018. You will need to go back to the cheque issuer to request an alternative method of payment.

Many Thanks

John

• Registered Users Posts: 35 JustPeachy

Hi, 

I wonder is there any more information on this?  It is usually possible to lodge a foreign cheque (i.e. one not drawn on an Irish clearing bank) in bank accounts, but there is usually a charge applied, and clearing can take up to 6 weeks.  Often these cheques are not even Euro denominated.  How is this any different??

Do other banks - AIB, PTSB etc allowing accountholders to lodge Citi cheques?

Many thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi JustPeachy,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We would not be able to comment on other financial institutions in this forum.

Perhaps Banking Pensions & Insurance would be able to help.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

JustPeachy wrote: »
    Hi, 

I wonder is there any more information on this?  It is usually possible to lodge a foreign cheque (i.e. one not drawn on an Irish clearing bank) in bank accounts, but there is usually a charge applied, and clearing can take up to 6 weeks.  Often these cheques are not even Euro denominated.  How is this any different??

Do other banks - AIB, PTSB etc allowing accountholders to lodge Citi cheques?

Many thanks,
    In this situation last week.  BOI would not take a Citibank,  PTSB wanted to charge me 80 euros and said it would take 120 days to clear.  Looks like banks are forcing people out of using cheques, which is fine if they flagged it with their customers first.

Advertisement