Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple monitors different resolutions and mice.

Options
  • 10-01-2019 1:23am

Minor niggle. I've one at 4k and the other at 1080p(max it will do) and to get the mouse from monitor 1 to monitor 2 from 4k to 1080 I have to make sure the mouse cursor is in the top half of the 4k screen. It's like there is an invisible wall on the lower half of the 4k screen that stops the mouse. If I go the other way from 2 to 1 it will work but place the cursor above the 50% line on the 1st display.

I've a feeling this is a quirk I'll have to live with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Minor niggle. I've one at 4k and the other at 1080p(max it will do) and to get the mouse from monitor 1 to monitor 2 from 4k to 1080 I have to make sure the mouse cursor is in the top half of the 4k screen. It's like there is an invisible wall on the lower half of the 4k screen that stops the mouse. If I go the other way from 2 to 1 it will work but place the cursor above the 50% line on the 1st display.

I've a feeling this is a quirk I'll have to live with.
    Assuming you are using Windows 10, go to the Display Settings and adjust the position of your screens up and down (under Customize your Display - you can literally drag the screens up and down) until you get the most accurate movement from left to right. I've the same setup in work (4K left to 1080p right) and just a bit of adjusting is all it needed.

2016_12_CrucialScreenPos.png

Ha I knew you could drag them so that left and right were in the correct place but didn't realise you could alter the vertical position, cheers.

Advertisement