Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work roster changed without being told

Options
  • 10-01-2019 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So without into too much detail. I work part-time in a bar. My work roster is released every two weeks and when it was released before Christmas for this week I was rostered off today. So I went about my business and ran a few errands. Mid-afternoon I get a phone call from work asking where I was, as I was rostered to work early afternoon to evening. I knew absolutely nothing about this, management clearly changed the roster after it was posted in the staff room without informing me. I always take a picture of my roster on my phone so I know my shifts. I have the picture of the original roster, so I know the roster was changed without informing me.

Can employers do this?
    I would have thought they would have to ask the staff member if they were able to cover a shift before just changing their roster on them.

Advertisement