Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost estate in Patrickswell?

• 10-01-2019 2:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Hello,

There is a ghost estate in Patrickswell, behind the shops/flats at the turn to the GAA. And despite the current market it remains a ghost estate for some reason. Two terraces that look finished (just not painted) from the outside.

I'd love to be enlightened why this is happening and it is not being finished and sold off.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

MichaelR wrote: »
    Hello,

There is a ghost estate in Patrickswell, behind the shops/flats at the turn to the GAA. And despite the current market it remains a ghost estate for some reason. Two terraces that look finished (just not painted) from the outside.

I'd love to be enlightened why this is happening and it is not being finished and sold off.

Why is it haunted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Because the cost to buy the land, the cost of fees to the council, the cost of stamp duty, the cost of building, the cost of insurance, the cost of vat on the selling of the units, the cost of corporation tax on selling profit and the cost of the estate agent outweighs the potential profit.

I'm a QS and have looked into a few of these and they are prohibitably expensive to buy in most cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Mc Love wrote: »
    Why is it haunted?

Ah here...

Advertisement