Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windscreen claim questions

Options
  • 10-01-2019 3:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

So first of all, I know that windscreen claims assuming you have cover on your policy (which I do, comprehensive AXA) it's not meant to affect your NCB or insurance quotes etc.

I had a small claim a little over a year ago which I then paid back to my insurance company. Essentially I have a zero value claim on my policy that I mention on renewal. Prices weren't affected much if at all with this.

Now, I have a tiny chip in my windscreen currently. Not spreading or anything but still there. If I was to request a repair from my insurance company, would there be the possibility of any issues? Also, do I need to mention a windscreen repair on renewal / shopping around?

My fear is that if I have two claims to mention (even if they're a zero value and a windscreen) that might affect companies accepting me / offering fair prices.

Any thoughts would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

The incident, which you paid back to your insurer, is not a claim, but is a previous accident which must be declared to potential new insurers for the period they ask during the quotation process (3yrs, 5yrs etc.)

The windscreen issue will be a claim, again declarable to insurers, but widely ignored for rating purposes. My thoughts are that the windscreen claim would not adversely affect the position you already experience because of the 1st incident

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Sorry for jumping in on this OP.

With regards to a windscreen claim, I'm currently with AXA, in 2016 I had a windscreen claim. It's now coming to renewal time. If I was to shop around and I'm asked about No Claims Bonus (I'm at AXA top level of discount) would I put down I have full NCB or that I have 2 years. I would state I have a settled windscreen claim in the claims section.

Bit of a silly question but I'd rather have everything correct when going looking for prices.

Advertisement