Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How steep is Patrick's Hill?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Claims of 23% - 25%

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

\ <-- like that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

It's very very steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

It's steep. I tried to cycle up it last year - a middle aged, overweight, asthmatic man on a cheap mountain bike. Didn't go well. It's at least 87.5° on the flattest sections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,435 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It's steep. I tried to cycle up it last year - a middle aged, overweight, asthmatic man on a cheap mountain bike. Didn't go well. It's at least 87.5° on the flattest sections.

As a fit 19 year old on a road bike, I was never able to make it the whole way up. Possibly down to gear ratios. The lower part tires you out, then the steep bit stops you.

Richmond Hill, the next street over, is steeper, but easier to do on a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

There are some horrible hills in Cork. There's one from Ballygarvan Church to the Kinsale road that's torturous. York St. Is hard. Carrs Hill feels like its uphill both ways.
    Heading east, the cycle from Youghal to Dungarvan in desperate. Not quite Cork, I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

There are a lot worse hills around Ballygarvan than that one from the church.

Advertisement