Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could you confirm a cancellation request has been entered on your system?

• 10-01-2019 11:00am

Morning.

I wonder could you confirm a cancellation request has been entered on your system? I was speaking to a person in your cancellations department yesterday evening (Wed 9 January) and she said a cancellations request had been entered on my account. I can PM my account details if needed. I've also posted a letter to:

Cancellations
    Eir
    Floor 2
    Heuston South Quarter
    St John's Road
    Dublin 8

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Not long after I spoke to them on the phone about cancellation, I received an email from getmore@eir.ie, subject "Confirmation of your cancellation request".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Morning.

I wonder could you confirm a cancellation request has been entered on your system? I was speaking to a person in your cancellations department yesterday evening (Wed 9 January) and she said a cancellations request had been entered on my account. I can PM my account details if needed. I've also posted a letter to:

Cancellations
    Eir
    Floor 2
    Heuston South Quarter
    St John's Road
    Dublin 8

Thank you.
    Hi 17-pdr, 

Is this in relation to the details that you PM'd to me recently? 

If not could you PM your account details and I will check this for you.

Grainne

Morning.

Cancellations
    Eir
    Floor 2
    Heuston South Quarter
    St John's Road
    Dublin 8

Thank you.
    Hi 17-pdr, 

Is this in relation to the details that you PM'd to me recently? 

If not could you PM your account details and I will check this for you.

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

no, this is a separate query for a broadband a/c. I'll PM you the details.

Grainne, PM sent.

Grainne, PM sent.
    Hi 17-pdr, 

I have responded to your PM

Grainne

• Advertisement

Ok, its been a week since I rang to cancel. What's next in the procedure? Should I be receiving a letter by now to confirm cancellation and where to return my router?

Thanks.

Grainne, PM sent.

Regards.

Hi, any update on this?

Just to confirm, a letter was also posted to Cancellations at Eir in addition to my phonecall on 9th January so I dont know why there should be any uncertainty over whether an actual cancellation request was logged. I have followed Eir procedure here.

Thank you.

Hi, any update on this?

Just to confirm, a letter was also posted to Cancellations at Eir in addition to my phonecall on 9th January so I dont know why there should be any uncertainty over whether an actual cancellation request was logged. I have followed Eir procedure here.

Thank you.
    hi 17-pdr, 

I have responded to your PM. 

Once I get this information I will follow up. 

Grainne

Grainne, PM sent.

Regards.

• Advertisement

Graiine, just sent you another PM there.

Thank you.

Graiine, just sent you another PM there.

Thank you.
    Thanks 17-pdr, 

Thanks,
    Grainne

If its possible I would like to remove my cancellation request and continue with my service. Do I need to call 1901 or can the Eir reps here remove the request?

Thanks.

If its possible I would like to remove my cancellation request and continue with my service. Do I need to call 1901 or can the Eir reps here remove the request?

Thanks.
    Hi 17-pdr, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Hi,

due to a change in personal circumstances I have had to go through this cancellation after all. I posted a letter giving 30 days notice to Switchers Team at Eir in Heuston South Quarter on Wed evening the 20th Feb. When would this letter be acknowledged I wonder?

Thank you.

Hi,

due to a change in personal circumstances I have had to go through this cancellation after all. I posted a letter giving 30 days notice to Switchers Team at Eir in Heuston South Quarter on Wed evening the 20th Feb. When would this letter be acknowledged I wonder?

Thank you.
    Hi 17-pdr, 

I will update you in PM's

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Hi,

Thank you.
    Hi 17-pdr, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Thank you.

PM'd you back just now reconfirming account number, address, date of birth, I am the primary account holder etc in case you need to confirm any info.

Hi,

Thank you.
    Hi 17-pdr, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Thank you.

PM'd you back just now reconfirming account number, address, date of birth, I am the primary account holder etc in case you need to confirm any info.
    Hi 17-pdr, 

I have replied to your PM. 

Yes, the details you provided are for the account I advised on. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Well, by my calculation the 30 day notice period is up (notice given on 20 February). Is my account due to close today?

Thank you.

Well, by my calculation the 30 day notice period is up (notice given on 20 February). Is my account due to close today?

Thank you.
    Hi 17-pdr, 

Your account is showing as active. I have escalated this to my Team Leader. As soon as I get confirmation I will advise.

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

I've been asking for cancellation confirmation for the last 3 weeks, to no avail.

Time for all of us to cancel our direct debits!

This after eir spend a fortune on changing its name to get rid of old eircom PR issues!

I've been asking for cancellation confirmation for the last 3 weeks, to no avail.

Time for all of us to cancel our direct debits!

This after eir spend a fortune on changing its name to get rid of old eircom PR issues!
    Hi kennethsmyth, 

I have responded to your PM

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Thank you.
    Hi 17-pdr, 

Your account is showing as active. I have escalated this to my Team Leader. As soon as I get confirmation I will advise.

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Thanks Grainne. I really hope this can be actioned today.

Thank you.
    Hi 17-pdr, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi 17-pdr, 

I will update you as soon as I can. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Thank you.
    Hi 17-pdr, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi 17-pdr, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Logged into my account just now. Theres a "this account is no longer active" message on the intro screen (image attached). account must have closed.

Whats happens now? My bill period normally runs from the 19th to the 18th of the next month. Theres a bill issued on the 20th March (19 Mar to 18 Apr). Do I pay this in full, and then subsequently get a refund for the period from today until 18th April?

Thank you.
    Hi 17-pdr, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi 17-pdr, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Logged into my account just now. Theres a "this account is no longer active" message on the intro screen (image attached). account must have closed.

Whats happens now? My bill period normally runs from the 19th to the 18th of the next month. Theres a bill issued on the 20th March (19 Mar to 18 Apr). Do I pay this in full, and then subsequently get a refund for the period from today until 18th April?
    Hi 17-pdr, 

What will happen is your final bill will be issued next month on the 20th April. 

Yes, that is correct. If you pay your bill this month your final bill will be in credit and a refund will then need to be processed. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Thanks Grainne. Can you confirm the account has closed.

Thank you.

Thanks Grainne. Can you confirm the account has closed.

Thank you.
    Hi 17-pdr, 

Yes, I can confirm that your account has been closed. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Thanks for that Grainne. I'm guessing I'll get a letter confirming this in due course.

I know you have to return the router. I was trying to enter info on the Nightline option.

https://www.nightline-delivers.com/eir/home

I entered my account number but I got a "unfortunately we couldn't verify your account number" message?

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Grainne. I'm guessing I'll get a letter confirming this in due course.

I know you have to return the router. I was trying to enter info on the Nightline option.

https://www.nightline-delivers.com/eir/home

I entered my account number but I got a "unfortunately we couldn't verify your account number" message?
    Hi 17-pdr, 

You should receive both a letter and an email to confirm this. 

It can take up to a week after your account is cancelled for that link to work. 

You will be able to enter your account number in that link in roughly a weeks time

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement