Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Cash Withdrawals

• 10-01-2019 11:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Hi

PTSB credit card owner - just wondering if anyone knows if there is a cash withdrawal limit per day on these cards.

I've got a hefty credit balance on it and looking to withdraw if possible. Wondering if anyone has any experience with this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

I have an Ice PTSB Credit Card and other than the 1.5% charge for cash withdrawals, the limit should be based on two things...

ATM Withdraw Limits (between €650-750 a day depending on machine)
    Balance Limits (you can't take out whats is not there / available to you).

Since you will be charged for withdrawal, I would contact PTSB and ask if it's possible to transfer from card to your current account instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭mooreman09

advertsfox wrote: »
    I have an Ice PTSB Credit Card and other than the 1.5% charge for cash withdrawals, the limit should be based on two things...

ATM Withdraw Limits (between €650-750 a day depending on machine)
    Balance Limits (you can't take out whats is not there / available to you).

Since you will be charged for withdrawal, I would contact PTSB and ask if it's possible to transfer from card to your current account instead.

Cheers

I'd imagine if I present in a branch they might release the balance to me too.. Will find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

Is it wise to have a hefty credit balance on a credit card? If the card is used fraudulently will you be covered for the credit element of it?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

If you've a Revolut account, you can top that up at no charge with your credit card and then do a bank transfer from Revolut to whatever account you want the money in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Is it wise to have a hefty credit balance on a credit card? If the card is used fraudulently will you be covered for the credit element of it?

I have no idea actually!!! Good point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Can you PayPal to yourself and mark it as a payment to a friend? I send money to someone recently and used credit card. No fees, so was just thinking it'd be a way to get money from your credit card if you needed to.

Just did a test, can't send money to yourself. There might be a way around this if you use different details but I'm not setting up a new account to test it :-)

Advertisement