Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gloucester vs Munster, Fri 11th Jan 7:45pm; BT Sports

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

troyzer wrote: »
    Can we stop having exact the same conversation on two different threads? You're both literally copying and pasting the same posts and replies.

Sorry, just want people on the Ireland thread that don’t read this thread know my opinion, I’ll stop

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Carbery might start against Italy. Even then, it's a maybe.

There won't be any squad rotation for the Six Nations. Some players will come in and out but that's it. As usual. The Six Nations is commercially very important for the IRFU. Schmidt can't just throw games away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

Sorry, just want people on the Ireland thread that don’t read this thread know my opinion, I’ll stop

That'd be fab, thanks.

kuang1 wrote: »
    That'd be fab, thanks.

No worries brother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Annabella1

Carberry very good tonight behind a dominant pack and Murray back in form
    Rating him ahead of Sexton is far too premature

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I’m not gonna lie, after the Castres game I wanted to murder him and thought he should go back to playing ail with clontarf , but his performances ever since then have been phenomenal, better than Sexton imo, he’s really improved since the castres game, let’s hope he can stay consistent

You Haven’t seen much rugby is you rate that as phenomenal

Watch Rog, Carter, Sexton, Barrett when in form and running a game....

Is it time to kick a few of the English clubs to touch and bring back more Pro14 teams

Another cricket score at home for a English team, why did they even risk capriani?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Johnny Farango

This is like Leinsterfans forum. So one-eyed it's incredible! Leinster are getting worried and more vociferous, it's amusing :)

Our Joey is doing great! Don't think he's missed a single kick since the Castres game. Scored a few tries too, the heir apparent

Archer had a huge game.

• Advertisement

Our Joey is doing great! Don't think he's missed a single kick since the Castres game. Scored a few tries too, the heir apparent

He must of listened to me when I DM’d him on instagram saying how disgraceful his kicking was after the Castres game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Most points Gloucester have conceded at home in the Heineken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

He must of listened to me when I DM’d him on instagram saying how disgraceful his kicking was after the Castres game

You DM'ed him. FFS.

You DM'ed him. FFS.

I had to I was so angry and I lost the plot, it was a bit too harsh and personal I probably shouldn’t of told him he’s a failure of a rugby player, but maybe him seeing that message actually made him play better, so it’s all good

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

You DM'ed him. FFS.

You quoted him. FFS

stephen_n wrote: »
    You quoted him. FFS

Stephen I really don’t like you, how about you say all this to my face and stop being so cheeky you imbecile, I’m worth millions thank you very much, no one here likes you Stephen, go to bed

You quoted him. FFS

My dad is a lawyer and he will sue you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

You quoted him. FFS

I'm only seeing posts on the other threads now. Noted.

I'm only seeing posts on the other threads now. Noted.

How is it so ridiculous that I said Joey Carbery is better than Ross Byrne? FFS

Well Joey, was the apple in Leinster's eye. Then he went to Munster and then Ross Byrne became better than Joey (cos Joey was now a red). There, have I explained it to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Soooooo.... Munster won tonight, eh?

I missed the scores in the second half, but from what I did see, Murray seems to be back to his best, which is great to see, after his lengthy injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Soooooo.... Munster won tonight, eh?

I missed the scores in the second half, but from what I did see, Murray seems to be back to his best, which is great to see, after his lengthy injury.

When was Murray anyway from his best?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

2smiggy wrote: »
    When was Murray anyway from his best?

Has he played better since returning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

John Hayes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Well Joey, was the apple in Leinster's eye. Then he went to Munster and then Ross Byrne became better than Joey (cos Joey was now a red). There, have I explained it to you?

Explained it incorrectly

Joey is a 15, he was playing with Byrne last season......at the moment Ross is a better 10 than Joey.

If Paddy Jackson was still around Carberry would be 15 and playing at Leinster, Byrne would be back up to Sexton/Jackson.

Carberry has massive talent and could be huge, needs a lot more time playing at 10 to see if he can make it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Most impressive about Carberry last night was his goalkicking. According to that guardian article he has converted 17/17 of his last goalkicks. The way he strikes the ball is very clean and through.

After that penalty miss away to Castres he has responded superbly. He seems to have a good attitude too.

I thought Andrew Conway was superb again. I hope he gets a run in the Irish team.

In fairness Gloucester were woeful. They must have knocked the ball on over 10 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

I thought Andrew Conway was superb again. I hope he gets a run in the Irish team.

Conway's a great player for us. Gutsy to say the least. Very fast out of the blocks.
    But I disagree with the suggestion that he's worth his place in a green jersey.
    Who do you put him ahead of? Kearney and Larmour for the full back spot?
    Earls and Stockdale?

kuang1 wrote: »
    Conway's a great player for us. Gutsy to say the least. Very fast out of the blocks.
    But I disagree with the suggestion that he's worth his place in a green jersey.
    Who do you put him ahead of? Kearney and Larmour for the full back spot?
    Earls and Stockdale?

Not to get into Ireland discussion but he is clearly a winger for ireland....otherwise he would be playing 15 for Munster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I feel he should have been tried at fb by this stage. He is the one guy who is safe enough but can offer something on the counter.

Keeping Kearney at fb will cost us down the line. Safe as houses but offers nothing on the counter.

Larmour can counter but looks dodgy under the high ball and as a last defender.

I thought Haley was average enough last night.

I feel he should have been tried at fb by this stage. He is the one guy who is safe enough but can offer something on the counter.

Keeping Kearney at fb will cost us down the line. Safe as houses but offers nothing on the counter.

Larmour can counter but looks dodgy under the high ball and as a last defender.

I thought Haley was average enough last night.

Kearney is the only one holding it together, it is because he can cover the whole back field the wingers can push up.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,489 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Kearney is only appreciated when he's not playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Cba looking at this forum. Too many leinster troll accounts bigging up Munster. It's too obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I was wondering what time it was!

Cba looking at this forum. Too many leinster troll accounts bigging up Munster. It's too obvious.

Praise Munster - outrage!
    Don't praise Munster - outrage!

Can't win eh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Same old same old...before the game..
    Munster will destroy them...all over by 30 mins. Everyone in the group is useless....
    'Hon the MOLF's ;):D

Same old same old...before the game..
    Munster will destroy them...all over by 30 mins. Everyone in the group is useless....
    'Hon the MOLF's ;):D

Grow up

So fans of other teams can’t comment on Munster anymore?

Something my 5 year old would come up with

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Grow up

Of course you can... wouldn't have it any other way.... but some are as predictable as the sunrise ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Shefwedfan wrote:
    Joey is a 15, he was playing with Byrne last season......at the moment Ross is a better 10 than Joey.
    Wrong, Joey is miles better than Byrne.
    Shefwedfan wrote:
    If Paddy Jackson was still around Carberry would be 15 and playing at Leinster, Byrne would be back up to Sexton/Jackson.
    Not a chance, Carberry would be bacuo 10.
    Shefwedfan wrote:
    Carberry has massive talent and could be huge, needs a lot more time playing at 10 to see if he can make it
    Carberry has already proven he is a top class 10 and is part of the best half back pairing in Europe alongside Murray.
    I didn't think Carberry would ever reach the level Sexton has achieved but now I'm thinking he might.
    I think he has five MoM performances since the end if September and when you remember that the consistently brilliant Peter O'Mahoney is on the same team it's some achievement.

Grow up

I'd say even your 5 year old would be embarrassed by copying some idiot from twitter like you're incapable of independent thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

Speak of the devil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Most impressive about Carberry last night was his goalkicking. According to that guardian article he has converted 17/17 of his last goalkicks. The way he strikes the ball is very clean and through.

After that penalty miss away to Castres he has responded superbly. He seems to have a good attitude too.

In fairness Gloucester were woeful. They must have knocked the ball on over 10 times.

His kicking has been excellent all season with the exception of the Castres game which was probably down to him having a hamstring injury the weekend before.
    Strange how no one really linked the two, most seemed to be happy at how bad he was.

Explained it incorrectly

Joey is a 10 that can cover 15. He was always 10 and will always be a 10.

I would also like to think that Joe and Graham Henry know a wee bit more than yourself when it comes to picking a 10.

Byrne is a solid 10, that is very good with the boot.
    But stands too deep, which takes the pressure off himself but makes it harder for the outside backs. He needs to start attacking the line and be more like Sexton. In fairness to him he won’t cost you a game.

Joey is a 10 that can cover 15. He was always 10 and will always be a 10.

I would also like to think that Joe and Graham Henry know a wee bit more than yourself when it comes to picking a 10.

Byrne is a solid 10, that is very good with the boot.
    But stands too deep, which takes the pressure off himself but makes it harder for the outside backs. He needs to start attacking the line and be more like Sexton. In fairness to him he won’t cost you a game.

Funny because Joey did a podcast after the first NZ match and said he always played 15....he was playing 15 when Henry said he could be a future 10

Hence why Leinster always seen him as a 15....

eagle eye wrote: »
    Wrong, Joey is miles better than Byrne.

Not a chance, Carberry would be bacuo 10.

Carberry has already proven he is a top class 10 and is part of the best half back pairing in Europe alongside Murray.
    I didn't think Carberry would ever reach the level Sexton has achieved but now I'm thinking he might.
    I think he has five MoM performances since the end if September and when you remember that the consistently brilliant Peter O'Mahoney is on the same team it's some achievement.

He is the best half back pairing in Europe? Seriously

Based on what?
    He has played 2 games in Europe with Murray and is now part of the best half back pairing? Losing one of those games

Of course you can... wouldn't have it any other way.... but some are as predictable as the sunrise ;)

Your complaining because everyone rates Munster highly and knew they should hammer Glou? The game was over after 20 mins, Glou where terrible.....what’s the issue with pointing that out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,877 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Watched the highlights just now. What a performance from Munster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Shefwedfan wrote:
    Based on what? He has played 2 games in Europe with Murray and is now part of the best half back pairing? Losing one of those games
    Murray is the best scrum half in Europe without any question. Carbery is at worst a top 10 out half, I'd put him in the top five right now. So as a pairing I'd have them as the best half back pairing in Europe.

Funny because Joey did a podcast after the first NZ match and said he always played 15....he was playing 15 when Henry said he could be a future 10

Hence why Leinster always seen him as a 15....

Yea he played in the centre too and probably on the wing but he is a 10. That’s where he played when he was younger. That’s where he played for Clontarf. That’s where he played for Leinster at the start and that’s where he plays for Munster. That’s the position he was playing when Henry said he should be the future 10.

Your complaining because everyone rates Munster highly and knew they should hammer Glou? The game was over after 20 mins, Glou where terrible.....what’s the issue with pointing that out?

Who's complaining?
    Just pointing out a very obvious pattern from posters...
    Long may it continue, all part of the give and take on here

• Advertisement
Advertisement