Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gloucester vs Munster, Fri 11th Jan 7:45pm; BT Sports

167891012»

Comments

It's great that he found a team he actually wants to play for. Seems the lifestyle is suiting him very well indeed, I hope he has a great career over there

He might even win something.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Dipping my toe into this thread ill-advisedly after reading the last few pages, but here goes.

1. Thought Munster have put their 2 best performances of the season back to back. Hopefully we're finding some away form, but I don't think it's a coincidence that came when we had no injuries and fielded our first choice 15.

2. Murray was very, very good. His boxing kicking is just so accurate.

3. Gloucester's back 3 were very poor, especially their FB and Charlie Sharples. His woeful attempted tackle for the Scannell try and Earls try saving tackle on him come to mind.

4. Conway has done a lot lately to try push himself into the 23 jersey come 6 Nations. One of him, Addison or Larmour you'd imagine.

5. That defensive effort just after half time was quality.

6. Stander again immense. Really don't understand some of the criticism he occasionally gets around here, with regards his Ireland place.

7. Joey is ever improving. Forwards gave him a lot of space and time, but thought he did very well. He's a level above what we've had since ROG. Bleyendaal's 16/17 was probably the best season we've had from a 10 of late, but Joey's playing a cut above that.

8. Looking forward to a cracking game next weekend against Exeter now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,377 ✭✭✭✭phog

aloooof wrote: »
    Dipping my toe into this thread ill-advisedly after reading the last few pages, but here goes.

1. Thought Munster have put their 2 best performances of the season back to back. Hopefully we're finding some away form, but I don't think it's a coincidence that came when we had no injuries and fielded our first choice 15.

3. Gloucester's back 3 were very poor, especially their FB and Charlie Sharples. His woeful attempted tackle for the Scannell try and Earls try saving tackle on him come to mind.

4. Conway has done a lot lately to try push himself into the 23 jersey come 6 Nations. One of him, Addison or Larmour you'd imagine.

6. Stander again immense. Really don't understand some of the criticism he occasionally gets around here, with regards his Ireland place.

7. Joey is ever improving. Forwards gave him a lot of space and time, but thought he did very well. He's a level above what we've had since ROG. Bleyendaal's 16/17 was probably the best season we've had from a 10 of late, but Joey's playing a cut above that.

What are you doing trying to talk about a match - there's far more important stuff to moan about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Agree with pretty much all of this. I think that win against Leinster really fired Munster up and gave them confidence.

Which, to be honest, wasn't really deserved. But fair play to them anyway.

Conway has been excellent but it's hard to look past Addison at this point and I say that as a Leinster fan who wants Larmour to play. On Saturday Addison played at 10, 13 and 15 and he never looked out of place. He's just so intelligent, confident and hard working.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

troyzer wrote: »
    Conway has been excellent but it's hard to look past Addison at this point and I say that as a Leinster fan who wants Larmour to play. On Saturday Addison played at 10, 13 and 15 and he never looked out of place. He's just so intelligent, confident and hard working.

Haven't seen the Ulster game so can't comment, but the Eggchasers podcast mention his kicking was shocking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Haven't seen the Ulster game so can't comment, but the Eggchasers podcast mention his kicking was shocking?

It wasn't great to be fair. But there are plenty of players who can kick, it's not going to rule him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭jm08

troyzer wrote: »
    Agree with pretty much all of this. I think that win against Leinster really fired Munster up and gave them confidence.

Which, to be honest, wasn't really deserved. But fair play to them anyway.

And you will already have Joey on the bench who covers 10 and 15. That leaves 13 and wing uncovered. Its between Lamour and Conway in that situation I think, but in a situation that Joey starts, he would be needed on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

He took the penalties from hand and was very poor, missed a couple of touchfinders. It's not his game so wouldn't have any issue with it. He put in a couple of brilliant kicks in open play and kicked nicely from the tee.

His line kicking (which he's probably never going to have to do again) certainly wouldn't be the main thing I'd take from the game. His general play was excellent again and he wound up playing outhalf for a chunk of play.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

jm08 wrote: »
    And you will already have Joey on the bench who covers 10 and 15. That leaves 13 and wing uncovered. Its between Lamour and Conway in that situation I think, but in a situation that Joey starts, he would be needed on the bench.

Addison has played the vast majority of his rugby at 13 and the wing so is ideal for the criteria you set out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Addison covers every position from 10-15, including wings. He’s Schmidt’s dream sub. Barring injury or a shocking drop of form, I think the 23 jersey is his.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Buer wrote: »
    Addison has played the vast majority of his rugby at 13 and the wing so is ideal for the criteria you set out.

On the bench maybe, but not as a starter at 15 (or else Kearney is going to have to start every game). Addison has 5 starts at fullback between Ulster (2) and Sale (3).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

On the bench maybe, but not as a starter at 15 (or else Kearney is going to have to start every game). Addison has 5 starts at fullback between Ulster (2) and Sale (3).

He has a start at 15 for Ireland :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭Stout Warrior

Call me daft but I wouldn't mind seeing Haley getting a callup at fullback. Think he has all the basics of fullback play down to a T and poses a counterattacking threat from the back also something Kearney doesn't bring to the equation.

Advertisement