Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gloucester vs Munster, Fri 11th Jan 7:45pm; BT Sports

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Clareman wrote: »
    They might get 6th seed so and we get 5th

IF Montpellier managed to get maximum points from their last 2 matches, and Munster get any sort of win next week, they will finish level on points and it goes to points difference. Munster's current PD is +64 and Montpellier's is +14.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Has joey missed a kick since castres game??

Kiwi followed by South African accent !

degsie wrote: »
    Huh?

I'm sure you're well aware you edited your post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Great win, bar the injury to POM which hopefully isn't serious.

Very professional, as the commentary team said - you could tell which side had their homework done.

Temper it a bit by saying back play a wee bit disjointed at times and that wasn't a vintage Gloucester team, still - win away to 4th in England with a bonus point.

Forwards were magnificent, great to see the team showing potential the last few games
    Job done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Great win for Munster. Some fantastic performances and real momentum builder.

As an aside, I will say that Byrne will have to have the game of his life tomorrow to displace Joey in Schmidts mind after that display. Cant see him doing it, especially when you consider the quality of that Toulouse team compared to G today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭Stout Warrior

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Its carbery with 2 r's

:)

Not 3

Touché

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Excellent performance by Munster. Gloucester were not great, but Munster were very very good. Some fantastic defence and had their homework done. Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

A bp win next week and we have a home QF I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Call me petty but watching humphries with his head in his hands towards the end made me smile slightly.

Fair play Munster....they were good value tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,631 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

They might get 6th seed so and we get 5th

The pool winners get top 5 seeds. We just have to finish on more points than the winners of pool 5, which os looking likely given tonights 5 points and the fixtures in that group.

A win next week shluld secure a home qf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Kiwi followed by South African accent !

I'm disappointed with you. That's not up to your usual standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Big impact from Billy Holland. Fingers crossed POM is ok. Any away win in Europe is most welcome.

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

mfceiling wrote: »
    Call me petty but watching humphries with his head in his hands towards the end made me smile slightly.

Fair play Munster....they were good value tonight.
    So I'm not the only one! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Why would you go and just drink pints looking at the backs of lads talking to a camera?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Akrasia wrote: »
    The pool winners get top 5 seeds. We just have to finish on more points than the winners of pool 5, which os looking likely given tonights 5 points and the fixtures in that group.

A win next week shluld secure a home qf

Oh yeah, I was thinking of the old days with 6 groups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,731 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Great win Munster, never in doubt after ten minutes, they were just ready for anything. Murray's passing from the rucks is a thing to behold.

Why would you go and just drink pints looking at the backs of lads talking to a camera?
    The whole BT setup is bollocks.

I was thinking the same thing. It's gas. "Lads, did ye see me on da tellie"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Lil Sally Anne Jnr.

Whoze yer'wan in the Munster setup?

Well, enjoy your whiskey. I've gotta drive to dublin tomorrow to do an exam in pharamaceutical technology transfer.

Whatever that is

Well, enjoy your whiskey. I've gotta drive to dublin tomorrow to do an exam in pharamaceutical technology transfer.

Whatever that is

I'm finished now, have to drive the daughter to swimming in the morning so can only have a couple now.

Is that something like with Gus wanted Walt to teach Gale how to make crystal blue????

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I expected Munster to win it but only just. Didn't expect that!

Great start to the weekend anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

What a time to be alive

I'm finished now, have to drive the daughter to swimming in the morning so can only have a couple now.

Is that something like with Gus wanted Walt to teach Gale how to make crystal blue????

Yeah.. keep going, I'm taking notes.. this could be on the paper tomorrow

• Advertisement

Yeah.. keep going, I'm taking notes.. this could be on the paper tomorrow

Best of luck with the exam, never easy to do a written exam on a Saturday

Whatever that is
    I think Pablo Escobar would have been very interested in your services.

awec wrote: »
    I think Pablo Escobar would have been very interested in your services.

Me and that guy from gatwick are working on a solution to Trumps wall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Defunkd

yerrahbah wrote: »
    Big impact from Billy Holland. Fingers crossed POM is ok. Any away win in Europe is most welcome.
    Popped rib according to JvG.
    The medical team are probably finished poking and prodding him about now but won't be an official comment until 2mo at earliest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Defunkd

All tries were scored by our backs. Nice to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,731 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Defunkd wrote: »
    Popped rib according to JvG.

How long does that keep you out typically?

Me and that guy from gatwick are working on a solution to Trumps wall

Is this you on holidays????
    Drug-Lord-El-Chapo-Threatens-Trump--125245.jpg

How long does that keep you out typically?

Probably mean I'd be off work for a month, PoM will probably be training on Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

What a fantastic result. Munster of old came shining through. Thought Carbs was magnificent tonight as was Dutchy. Earlsery still playing class rugby as well. Onwards and Upwards

I know some people may think I’m crazy and on some drugs but I honestly think Carbery should start ahead of Sexton in the first round of the Six Nations, he’s in great form at the moment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭Stout Warrior

I know some people may think I’m crazy and on some drugs but I honestly think Carbery should start ahead of Sexton in the first round of the Six Nations, he’s in great form at the moment

He's never going to start ahead of Sexton. He's the world player of the year for Gods sake. But he's done no harm to his chances of being solid backup for 6 Nations and World Cup. Will keep the Byrne for backup fans quiet for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Who do we play in the first round? If it's Italy maybe not a bad idea to start Carbs and give Johnny a little more recovery time

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Who do we play in the first round? If it's Italy maybe not a bad idea to start Carbs and give Johnny a little more recovery time

England.

England.

I honestly believe we could beat England if Joey started and Sexton came on from the bench, it would be great experience for Joey aswell

Joey will start a 6N game or 2 but Sexton is the best player in the world ffs, he's also 1 of the vice captains, maybe in a season or 2 there'll be a valid Sexton v Joey arguement like there was a Humphs v RoG and RoG v Sexton arguement in the past, but Joey has a lot to do to prove himself yet, like take his kicks in France

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Munster were class, proper contenders now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

its_phil wrote: »
    Munster were class, proper contenders now

They're definitely improving. But Gloucester are still very poor and Castres was only a few weeks ago.

We'll know a lot more next week.

Joey will start a 6N game or 2 but Sexton is the best player in the world ffs, he's also 1 of the vice captains, maybe in a season or 2 there'll be a valid Sexton v Joey arguement like there was a Humphs v RoG and RoG v Sexton arguement in the past, but Joey has a lot to do to prove himself yet, like take his kicks in France

I find it really hard to see him starting against anyone but Italy, and I'm not sure he'll start that either if Sexton is fit.

It's gas how much things flip in the matter of a few weeks. People, including plent of Munster supporters, were saying all sorts about him after the Castres game. Now after a game in which he's played very well, but his pack steamrolled the opposition, he's going to be starting 6N games when he's Sexton to get in front of.

I find it really hard to see him starting against anyone but Italy, and I'm not sure he'll start that either if Sexton is fit.

It's gas how much things flip in the matter of a few weeks. People, including plent of Munster supporters, were saying all sorts about him after the Castres game. Now after a game in which he's played very well, but his pack steamrolled the opposition, he's going to be starting 6N games when he's Sexton to get in front of.

I’m not gonna lie, after the Castres game I wanted to murder him and thought he should go back to playing ail with clontarf , but his performances ever since then have been phenomenal, better than Sexton imo, he’s really improved since the castres game, let’s hope he can stay consistent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I honestly believe we could beat England if Joey started and Sexton came on from the bench, it would be great experience for Joey aswell

Maybe, maybe not. But Johnny starts if fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

I can see a lot of rotation in this 6 Nations, its not like Joe has to worry about keeping his job. Joey has nearly 20 caps I think but hasn't started many games, I think the only 6N game he didn't come on for last year was the France game, he has come on for 2 wins against the All Blacks, he has to start some games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Can we stop having exact the same conversation on two different threads? You're both literally copying and pasting the same posts and replies.

• Advertisement

I agree with Austin on this one

I would hold Stone Cold's opinion on rugby higher than Healy's

Advertisement